Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How does the new Google Cloud save work for the Android version of Smurfs' Village?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How does the new Google Cloud save work for the Android version of Smurfs' Village?

I click on save, doesn't really do anything. Will not allow me to preview village,says no save data. I am logged in thru G+. Any ideas? Thanks.

I don't know much about Google Cloud but it's talked about on the facebook group page Smurf Village Android Community. It gives instructions on how to use it.

Comment

not working on new devices you can backup only when using really old android device.sorry but there's nothing we can do about it i hope it will get fixed with next update because we really need this feature

Comment

That is just it. I have an older android, HTC Inspire, running 2.3.4 and still when I click save to cloud, I get nothing. I have no village to preview. My auto save is on.

Comment

That's weird my old s2 had no problems, but it was on jelly bean 4.3

Comment

For those playing the Android version of SV, the website MySmurfsVillage has an article about a new backup feature:

http://www.mysmurfsvillage.com/smurf...up-via-google/

I don't play on Android myself, but after surviving two corruption scares, I can highly recommend backing up your game regularly. I am so glad our Android friends now have an option to do this!

Comment

• Redhead1989
              Redhead1989 commented
              Editing a comment
              Website dont work but thanks anyway
              Last edited by Redhead1989; 04-09-2018, 09:56 PM.

• Redhead1989
              Redhead1989 commented
              Editing a comment
              Doesnt work dude
              Last edited by Redhead1989; 04-09-2018, 10:02 PM.

The website MySmurfsVillage has a good article about this new backup feature:

http://www.mysmurfsvillage.com/smurf...up-via-google/

Comment

• Redhead1989
              Redhead1989 commented
              Editing a comment
              Again your website doesnt work...

• Redhead1989
              Redhead1989 commented
              Editing a comment
              And onc3 again your **** dont work...
              Last edited by Spelling Bee; 04-10-2018, 03:35 AM. Reason: Removed Profanity

• AlleycatttSmurf
              AlleycatttSmurf commented
              Editing a comment
              Redhead1989 there is no reason for your RUDE attitude towards a community member who was clearly trying to help others, and if you took the time to look you would see these posts are FOUR YEARS OLD.

Cloud save doesn't work on my phone either. It's a little over two years old and uses jelly bean.

Comment

It would be nice if it actually worked.

Comment

• Redhead1989
                Redhead1989 commented
                Editing a comment
                Yea it would. Ive played smurfs village over 5 years. Could never save 2 cloud had 3 phones/tabs crash n had 2 start over every time

Redhead1989 I'm sorry that you are having issues with the Google Cloud Save feature, and I know it can be frustrating. Even so, please refrain from using profanity when posting here and treat other members as you yourself would like to be treated. We want everyone to feel welcome here, but profanity and personal attacks are against the TOS and Guidelines. Additionally, as AlleycatttSmurf pointed out, this particular Topic was from 2014. Many things have changed since then, such as the closure of the website Caro was linking to, and other information contained in this post. Please check the date of each topic before replying. If it's very old, please just start a new topic instead of necro-bumping the old one.

Lastly, while there were many bugs with the Google Cloud Save under the previous developer, Bongfish has made numerous adjustments and fixes to it since acquiring the game. Many players who had trouble saving previously are now able to back up their progress. If you are still having trouble, you should contact their Customer Support Team directly: https://smurfs.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/requests/new

Comment

• Spelling Bee
                Spelling Bee commented
                Editing a comment
                I do apologize AlleycatttSmurf for their behavior, and their personal attacks towards you and Caro. It was completely uncalled for. The member in question has now been banned.

• AlleycatttSmurf
                AlleycatttSmurf commented
                Editing a comment
                Thank you for always keeping our Smurf community at its best self Spelling Bee ☺️👍

No need for you to apologize for people who don’t know how to act when they get behind a keyboard though!

• Evanna
                Evanna commented
                Editing a comment
                AlleycatttSmurf
                Yikes! 😨 I don't know what happened but that message is awfully rude and I absolutely cannot imagine you having done something to deserve this.

Thank you Spelling Bee for banning this user. This really isn't a person we want around here. As Alleycattt said: It's not your fault at all. Everybody can join and write whatever. Nobody has control about this. You took care of it very quickly though and that's highly commendable

I have used the google play cloud save on 2 devices one running android 6.0.1 and the other android 7.0 and had no issues was quite easy and you do have to be patient while you wait

I do wonder if the android version is one reason some cannot save and I also wonder if it is compulsory to have google play games app installed on each device for google play cloud to work. Both apply to both my devices. The other thing I changed the google email for the game and was using mobile data internet connection (4g+) on new device and wifi on old device and was logged into both devices at the same time when I saved and loaded the cloud save last week without any issues and noticed a huge change thanks to bongfish and their efforts to fix cloud save
              Last edited by debbles smurf; 04-10-2018, 12:33 PM.

Comment

I just found this info about google play perhaps bongfish can read whats there are this could answer the above

https://developers.google.com/games/...pts/savedgames

Comment

From what I read there is a googld drive quota that the google cloud for games is saved against which is 15gb of storage. That stotage limit also includds photos and emails so if a player has used up all thr storage available then saving the game is not possible unless you either buy more storage or create a new email.address and save to cloud on old device under new email address and log into cloud via new email and load cloud save. I also noticed the mention of the gamss console which is part of the google play games app so perhaps installing that app

Comment

Working...
                  X