Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

[AP] Ongoing issue with the game force closing when trying to enter a friend's village

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [AP] Ongoing issue with the game force closing when trying to enter a friend's village

Spelling Bee (Community Moderator) 5 months ago
    Ongoing issue with Smurfs' Village force closing when trying to enter a friend's village

Hello everyone. This particular crashing issue has been an ongoing one that certain players have experienced for some time when trying visit select friends. Unfortunately, the problem has become noticeably worse since updating to Smurfs' Village iOS version 1.4.0. The studio is aware of the crashing and is trying to find the cause.

The things that could potentially help Beeline are things like:

-Your iOS device crash logs
    - Screen shots of the village(s) that you have trouble entering (provided by either you or the friend so Beeline can look for common items/combinations)
    -Type of iOS device the person owning the village plays on
    -Type of iOS device you play on
    -Has the friend ever had their game become corrupted in the past
    -Have you ever had your game become corrupted in thee past
    -Do you often have to do D&Rs
    -Do you know if your friend often has to do D&Rs

I mean, really any possible bit of info you think could be useful might ultimately help in the long run.

• Tapasz
    commented on 's reply
    So sorry I upset you Pixlax 😢! I withheld on posting because I thought it might rub them the wrong way....after my crashing round yesterday I reached the "I don't care anymore" stage and decided to post 😃. If I knew this was the key.....I would have posted it daily since the start of crashing! 😘 back at you, please forgive me!

• Pixlax
    commented on 's reply
    Tapasz, I'm very upset with you, how long have you been harboring this picture? Did you know this picture would hold such magical powers as having beeline acknowledge that there is a serious gifting bug? Mmmmm??? Please explain yourself and oh by the way 😘

• Tapasz
    replied
    WOW, should have posted this pic much sooner 😃! Hey guys, please post some info on Worker Bees thread : http://forums.beeline-i.com/forum/ma...45-gifting-bug

Leave a comment:

• Tapasz
    replied
    Cross post from gifting thread:

Originally posted by Cupcake View Post
    #551 Today, 06:34 AM So strange- I had been able to get into everyone's village for two months. Suddenly, I can't enter all the previous 'problem' villages, and suddenly, many of you can enter all of yours! What is going on???
    Ditto on that Cupcake! Although I'm grateful noticing most friends can reach me again it really bugs me it is a one-way thing! I still can't reach my "crashers". Some villages have improved for me like Tzr and Erin but can't reach Caro, Hazli, Pearl, Smurfy Bear and Pixlax. I really like to know what's going on here! Why could I reach Hazli after a months and why did it end as soon as he could visit me? Why can I gift Caro only late at night and can never get in the morning or during day? Why can I enter Pearls until she syncs and crash out after that? Why do I crash on SSY until she syncs and can I enter after that? (NOTE IT'S THE EXACT OPPOSITE OF PEARL!!)

And WHY can't this be fixed? I really wonder sometimes....íf they read this thread...what do they think?

Leave a comment:

• Cupcake
    replied
    Today I could not reach, at all: Smurfy Bear, Tapasz, Hazli, Pearl, Cilenne, Janeen, Ray.- some of my best and most loyal friends! I think I will post each day until gifting is fixed....

Leave a comment:

• LightofFire
    replied
    Smurfy, you're right, i really could get in at first attempt... Sadly, it was not time to gift... Lol, maybe only lamenting about helps.... So, let's see if it works for me as well: Buhuuuhuuuu my village is crashing.... Uuuuuuhuuuuaaaaaa..... No one could reach me..... 😭😭😭😭😭
    and yes i tried to be funny... Sorry, not very well done but i really don't know how to say it in english 😉😊

Leave a comment:

• smurfy bear
    replied
    Yesterday I found it weird that I'd gone through the whole day without receiving a single gift. I was afraid that I've upset my neighbors with something I said in this forum or maybe everyone is crashing like mad and no one could reach me (though I've successfully gifted everyone midday.) Late in the evening I decided to reset everything... SV, phone and GC and when I returned to my game all my gifts are there waiting for me. Don't know what solve the problem. Also hope that the reset will help those who can't reach me.

Leave a comment:

• LightofFire
    replied
    Now i haven't special villages that i couldn't reach... It is driving me nuts, looks like if i could enter a village there is another one that will falling down... I have crashes on smurfybear, pixlax, marenkat, martinhall, sactuary, markus, tzr, erin and some others! Since the last update i could reach martin but instead of him pixlax is the one that i couldn't reach since the update! My experience is that i always crash on higher levels! None of the lower level villages causes crashes for me! And four of the villages haven't updated but i couldn't imagine that they haven't... They are always one of the first updating... I don't know what's going on... It's annoying and i really begin to HATE this bug! It's getting worse! Really, please beeline FIX THIS AWFUL BUG! Gifting should let us enjoy visiting our friends!!!

Leave a comment:

• Tapasz
    replied
    @Smurfy Bear, you are right. Level has nothing to do with it, I have friends in lower levels which crash and a lot of high level ones which don't.

@Pixlax, you are right as well. It's server related, villages which "open up" at some point are open for all and vice versa.

@Cupcake, yes....huge trouble is back again. Noticed it yesterday evening and tonight as well. Where I succeeded in gifting most of my list (except Smurfy and Pearl) for a few days since update....it's back to full crashing! Exactly the same villages wich were impossible to reach for months.

I am so fed up with this!
    Last edited by Tapasz; 05-12-2014, 11:29 AM. Reason: Stupid coding

Leave a comment:

• Purple!
    commented on 's reply
    Yup, those are all mine too! The players on this list that I can sometimes get to take multiple attempts!

• Cupcake
    replied
    After two glorious months of being able to gift everyone on my list, the streak has come to an end. I am now not able to reach all the people I had problems with before, among them: Smurfybear, Cilenne, Pearl, Tapasz, Hazli, Amberglass, Ray. I think the only upper level village I was able to reach was Caro's. If you didn't receive a gift from me, that is why. Apologies , dear, friends. [I am going to post a duplicate of this on the gifting thread.]

Leave a comment:

• Pixlax
    replied
    With each update I'm starting to crash more and more, now with two friends villages , I play on iPad Air so I don't think it's device related but maybe server related?

Leave a comment:

• smurfy bear
    replied
    I don't think having a higher level is the main contributing factor to the force closing bug. Much of my daily crashes are caused by visiting friends who are between level 50-65 and I've experienced no crashes on those level 69-max (except occasionally on Tapasz's and Caro's, though not daily).

Leave a comment:

• Purple!
    replied
    I really wish people would calm down about Tracker and focus on this issue.

This is the number one most important bug to fix in the game. I can see why Beeline gets confused on priorities, because people seem to be as adamant about small trivial bugs as this one. Personally, I don't care if Tracker ever gets fixed, but this issue is very upsetting because I have so many friends who consistently gift me and I haven't been able to get to their villages in months! Tracker is just XP and there are lots of other ways to level up.

Fix this bug then move on to other bug fixes if necessary, but this is the biggest most important bug to fix!

Leave a comment:

Working...
X