Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

[AP] Ongoing issue with the game force closing when trying to enter a friend's village

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi everyone. I'll ask on Monday for a status update on this issue.

Comment

• Caro
      Caro commented
      Editing a comment
      Thanks Spelling Bee. Appreciate it.

My list of crashing villages is also growing step by step. Gifting is my favorite part of the game and I'm so terribly sad not being able to visit the villages of some of my dearest friends! I truly hope you have some good news for us on Monday Spelling Bee. I rather have this issue solved than any super cool update. Crossing my fingers ...

Comment

Back in here after my gifting round. Ugghh. That was horrible. I used to have a couple of villages that may force close on me while gifting, so I would leave them to the end (and sometimes that would work). But now I have about 12 villages force closing on me. What is going on?! Every time my game is forced closed while gifting, I hold my breath until it successfully reloads again, because it was 'force closing' that seemed to trigger my previous (scary) corruptions. This is turning into a stressful caper!

Comment

I now can't visit Tapasz, Jamie B, LeLe, Jessicas1414, Malini, Morgan, TJP, GF3 plus about 10 others that take 2-3 attempts to enter. I used to be able to gift all my friends within half hour now it takes more than an hour, plus numerous other attempts during the day. A month ago I could enter everyone's villages and it's steadily going downhill. If gifting wasn't the best part of the game for me, I think I would be giving up on gifting for now 😔

Comment

• Tapasz
          Tapasz commented
          Editing a comment
          It is! And as so many have problems and the number of unreachable villages increase every day...I don't think it's village based. There must be something wrong on server side! I know most of the crashing villages and they don't have anything in common.

• ABI0683
          ABI0683 commented
          Editing a comment
          If the rate of unreachable villages continue to increase at this rate within 3 months I might notbe able to reach any of my friends. Scary thought!!!

• Tapasz
          Tapasz commented
          Editing a comment
          As I can only enter 16 of my friends....I will be done sooner than that! Let's hope Beeline gives us the best Xmas present ever.....the ability to gift again!

Beeline, please address this issue of crashing over and over while attempting to enter friend's villages to gift! The force closing is getting worse. Some friends I can never enter after multiple attempts. Others, after a couple. Gifting is an integral part of your game and should not cause such frustration and FEAR. Yes, FEAR that the game you've spent so much time and money on will become corrupted and possibly lost! At least give us an update on what you are doing to fix this issue or give us a workaround for the problem! People on this forum have attempted to troubleshoot - they have helped many of us with issues - we need your help! The Christmas update looks great - but I am reluctant to even participate. Many of my friends have stopped playing - some can't play. I may be one that falls by the wayside soon, especially now that my game is starting to cause friends to crash. I had much rather have an update that fixes the force closing issue than more "stuff"!

Comment

• ABI0683
          ABI0683 commented
          Editing a comment
          Me too, I would rather miss out on new stuff! An answer and solution from Beeline would be most appreciated from me!

That's how it all starts Abi....crashing 1-2 times on a village and after a while not being able to enter. For me it started with a few I couldn't get in and 2-3 villages which needed multiple tries. After a while I couldn't reach those anymore and some new villages starting crashing 2-3 times. Those village can't be reached as well now. And yes....some new villages start crashing 2-3 times. It's like a slow spreading virus needing some incubation time before it kills.

I'm afraid Felecia and Chickadee are next to drop off...where I could always reach you in first attempt you are the new bunch crashing on me a few times. I fully agree with you Felecia! Although the new additions are great I'd rather do without a few upates and enjoy playing again!!

And a non related question comes to mind....since this is the new offical Beeline forum...is it still only monitoring and not active?
        Last edited by Tapasz; 12-09-2013, 04:13 AM.

Comment

• CvB023
          CvB023 commented
          Editing a comment
          Sounds familiar, although i still have decent days where I can reach everybody, with some in a couple of tries, the crashing is getting worse. Hard.y can reach some good old friends, which is horrible. i do hope they find a root cause for these crashing issues soon

• Spelling Bee
          Spelling Bee commented
          Editing a comment
          Hi Tapasz. Worker Bee and Bee's Knees will try and post occasionally, but it's still mostly peer based community support.

• Tapasz
          Tapasz commented
          Editing a comment
          Thanks for your answer Spelling Bee. It would be nice if they show up in the major issue topics like this one, if only to make us feel less frustrated

Found my way in here to post. My apologies to my friends who have been gifting me and I have not gifted back or it has been sporadic. The list of villages that are crashing seems to be growing!! Tapasz, I am with you on the frustration- I NEVER have problems with your village but could not get in this weekend. This is just too much. First I thought it might be related to my phone being older but I am crashing on my second village as well. Can't they fix this?!? It should not take over an hour to try and gift 30-35 friends- only to keep crashing at more than half of them. Sorry but this is getting ridiculous!

Comment

My list is also growing, It takes so long to gift, I don't even get to enjoy my visit. Smurfygirl76, Alezandra, lele9876 and Jessicas1414 are my most troublesome, usually can't get in at all, The list is growing on those that crash on first attempt but I can usually get in on second try...occassionally Cupcake, DC, Abi, smudgeyrobert,

Comment

Hi everyone. I heard back from the Studio and they are still working on the problem. If you still experience the crashing after the Christmas update is released, please report it here. They will be checking this topic regularly, so we need to be continually gathering as much information that we can about the villages that are affected with the issue.

If you know your village is causing problems for your friends, post screen shots of your main village. Post your device you play on, which version of iOS you have installed on it etc.

Basically provide Beeline with any and or all of the information that Tapasz listed in the first post. Hopefully together we can provide enough info to help them fix it once and for all.

Comment

• JudiBe
              JudiBe commented
              Editing a comment
              Thanks for the update Ms. Bee.

One of the worst gifting rounds today. I am now force closing when trying to access 13 of 42 friends' villages. They range from level 55 to 66 (all my friends have been playing a long time). Some have very small (non-expanded) villages, others have all expansions. None of them seem 'overloaded' with masses of items or moving animals. In fact the villages that do have a lot of moving animals I have no problems accessing at all. Tragically Tapasz joined the list today

Comment

• Tapasz
              Tapasz commented
              Editing a comment
              Not you too Caro...makes me sad my eldest friends start crashing on me

Tonight the following villages crashed on first attempt, but was able to get in on second attempt: ABI063, DCMURFY, jessicas1414 After 3 attempts I gave up on Alezarda and Smurfygirl76

Comment

Just a small update: Amberglass has now been added to my list of six or seven villages that I cannot enter at all.

Comment

• happybird
                happybird commented
                Editing a comment
                It's funny you mention that. Tonight, Amberglass's village crashed on me for the very first time, although I was able to enter on the second attempt. Lots and lots of oops tonight, too

• Tapasz
                Tapasz commented
                Editing a comment
                It seems your village has joined crashing Cupcake...sorry!

Thanks for your feedback Spelling Bee. Did they already change some things in the update? "Still working on it" doesn't sound good...

My village seems to be trouble for more friends every day while I always had an easy accessible village. Can the studio detect on which part of the server my village is located if I give them my info? And if helpful they can have a copy of my village as well and reproduce a test case.

Comment

• Spelling Bee
                Spelling Bee commented
                Editing a comment
                The game's code is constantly changing with each and every update. I don't know if they specifically tried adding a fix for the issue, but even if they didn't there is always a chance that other changes might improve the situation.

Despite a decent gifting round with surprisingly few crashes, I cannot enter the villages of Ray or Morgan tonight. Have been able to get there with no problem the past few days, which is kind of unusual, as they normally both crash out on me. Sigh. Sorry, guys. Maybe tomorrow?

Comment

I was able to gift everyone tonight. Only 3 crashes (Abi, DC, Jessica) Got In on second try.

Comment

Working...
                X