Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

[iOS] Mystery Box Key total should be over one thousand but it's showing that I only have 130 instead

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [iOS] Mystery Box Key total should be over one thousand but it's showing that I only have 130 instead

I just went to open my daily free box and something caught my eye: 130 keys. That's not right. I had well over 900 keys, close to 1000. Where did my keys go? Could it be that I should have 1130 keys but that the game only allows three digits?
    The problem is that I can't see how manys keys I had when I use the recovery tool. I have no idea when this happened, but I had 800+ keys more and I want them back

I'm on iOS, iPad mini 2, previous update.

Oh no Evanna I hope this gets sorted for you😰 Hopefully you actually have 1130 and it’s just doesn’t show the extra 1. I have 224 keys right now and that seems right. Though to be honest I don’t really pay attention to them😕

Comment

• Evanna
      Evanna commented
      Editing a comment
      Thank you!
      I don't pay too close attention either which is why I don't know when it happened. I just know that several days ago I had over 900 and I got a whole lot more since then. I haven't opened a box on month and have been saving them for when new items will be added, so it'd be upsetting if I lost them

I’m willing to bet they’re still there, they just didn’t program in a 4th digit in the count.

If it had maxed out then you’d see 999 and no more, but that number suggests to me that they’re there, just not visible.

Comment

• Evanna
      Evanna commented
      Editing a comment
      I hope that is the case! I'd hate if they were gone and I was down to 130 keys

AlleycatttSmurf
      I guess I could do that. That's a looot of boxes though, haha. Right now, I could open 44 boxes. But number 45 should then either work and I get down to 999 keys (I have 134 right now) or I'd be denied because I really only have two left.

• AlleycatttSmurf
      AlleycatttSmurf commented
      Editing a comment
      Evanna ugh yeah 44/45 is a lot of boxes and would be time consuming ( it wasn’t very clear but when I said “all” I meant “all that are currently showing”), but might be worth it to find out? I would wait and do it when you can recover without losing any progress.

Or maybe Spelling Bee and/or Twinkiepie can find out about the three digit thing for you?

• Evanna
      Evanna commented
      Editing a comment
      AlleycatttSmurf
      I understood it as 'all that are currently showing'. 134 keys does mean 44 boxes 😅 I cerrtainly am not talking about 1134 keys!
      I'll see about the recovering later. I might just give it a shot and click and click and click and click... 😅

Well, I'm back to report that I used the 137 keys that I had to open 45 boxes and then I was left with 2 keys and couldn't open any more. My keys are gone
    I'm pretty sure I am supposed to have 1137 keys but that the game got to 999 keys and then started from 1 again

Edit: I understand that Bongfish didn't assume anyone would actually ever have that many keys but... well... here I am. Or was.
    I'd like my keys back if that is somehow possible. It would be nice if they considered adding a fourth digit to allow up to 9999 keys. I'm pretty sure that is a number that nobody has to worry about then. If they won't change that, I'd like my keys back somehow else. Maybe in installments? After the changes were made? Or some now some later? Because I made a list of what I got from them and I don't want to miss those SB items, EOs, and even the crop stars.
    I'll post that list in the Game Master's boxes thread. Should anyone want to, I could also post it as an example in the data thread.
    Last edited by Evanna; 03-02-2018, 06:18 PM.

Comment

• skydiver118
      skydiver118 commented
      Editing a comment
      (‘m so sorry Evanna

I hope they can fix it for you

• Evanna
      Evanna commented
      Editing a comment
      skydiver118
      Thank you! <3

And would you believe it? 45 boxes but no eagle!! Haha. But two BBQs and three pompoms.

• AlleycatttSmurf
      Editing a comment
      Evanna Oh no, that really sucks😰😰😰

If I am remembering correctly it was Beeline who introduced Game Master, but I’m sure the awesome folks at Bongfish will be able to come up with some sort of solution for you. You should open a support ticket at this point. I’m keeping my fingers and toes crossed for you🤞🤞🤞

Evanna Bongfish should be able to look into this on Monday. I would suggest doing the recovery, but as you said there is no way to check your key totals from the previews.

Comment

• Evanna
      Evanna commented
      Editing a comment
      Thank you! I got too many berries in the meantime and wouldn't want to recover too far back, but it really is a disappointment if I were to lose all those keys. Afterr all, the prizes are worth SB or real money, too.
      I haven't submitted a ticket yet, I guess I should do that?

• Spelling Bee
      Spelling Bee commented
      Editing a comment
      Evanna Yeah, I would go ahead and do that.

I heard back from them and my keys are gone. 999 keys. That's 333 boxes. Gone. No rewards. Nothing.
    They said they can't gift keys, that users were never meant to have that many keys, and that they are looking into it. (I assume what they are looking into is maybe considering that people have more keys, should the number be raised. But I doubt it will. And it's of no help to me with my 999 keys gone.)

333 boxes. Think about that. 333 boxes.

Edit: Don't bother saving up as many keys as I did. You will only lose them and get nothing at all.
    Last edited by Evanna; 03-08-2018, 01:13 PM.

Comment

• skydiver118
      skydiver118 commented
      Editing a comment
      Evanna THere’s a couple of sites where I can do surveys and the such and the prizes/awards can be iTunes cards. A way to have fun with in app purchases without racking up my credit card.

• AlleycatttSmurf
      Editing a comment
      Ohhhh noooo, I’m so sorry to hear about your keys Evanna 😭😭😭

I was really hoping that they could just be sent back to you like a regular game currency😣

• Evanna
      Evanna commented
      Editing a comment
      AlleycatttSmurf
      Thank you!
      That would have been great, yes 😢 Recovering wasn't an option, or well, maybe if I had done it right after noticing... I had earned lots of SB, made progress, and won sought after Mega Mystery Box items, though. But 333 boxes is a lot. 😭 Considering the general worth of that, it would have been more than what I gained/won in the time since. I sort of think now that I should have done it. Go back day by day by day and see what the key counter does.

I am sorry to hear this Evanna ; that really sucks. I guess the developers never thought any players would be that disciplined! I wish I could gift you an eagle or something. Only consolation is that they haven't significantly changed the content of the key boxes yet and you might be able to build up a bit before they do. 😕

Comment

• Evanna
      Evanna commented
      Editing a comment
      Aww, thank you. It's not that I don't have enough eagles myself I have most items already several times, which is why I saved up the keys because I wanted to wait for the changes. But had I known that all my keys would be gone, I most definitely would have used them. I'd rather have more eagles, BBQs, and whatever than nothing at all. :|

Hi Evanna, I am so sorry to hear this, I wish v could send keys to our friends in the future.

Comment

• Evanna
      Evanna commented
      Editing a comment
      skydiver118
      I'd take one of each for collection purposes But cetainly not hundreds...

• Kelly Hoon
      Kelly Hoon commented
      Editing a comment
      I loves both ideas

• Evanna
      Evanna commented
      Editing a comment
      Kelly Hoon
      I agree, both ideas are good. I apologise if it somehow sounded as if I disagreed with that. It would be great to be able to gift anything to friends, as well as expand the items which we can gift for free.
Working...
X