Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

[iOS] Nearly all of my Came Center friends are now missing from the Neighbor Map after updating to version 1.56.0

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [iOS] Nearly all of my Came Center friends are now missing from the Neighbor Map after updating to version 1.56.0

It seems they can still see and gift me, though. How can I get them back? From the old GC list, there are not too many active players left anyways, and now I have only three left, and two of these usually display the incompatible version or corrupted village message a couple of weeks after every update, although neither of that is true. It’s getting awfully lonely... 😢

i seem to have lost what few friends I had on the neighbor map with this update. Wondering if anyone else did? i looked couldn’t find the old post on losing friends. 😖

Comment

jileha & ern57 I know in Game Center right now you can unfriend everyone and it’s a one way street, there is no mechanism to add them back.

HOw do you friend people? On Facebook or via Game Center?

Comment

• ern57
        ern57 commented
        Editing a comment
        Yes @ skydiver118 playing on IOS and did FB. No luck,😖

Are you logged in to the GameCenter? There was someone who thought he had lost his GC neighbours, but he wasn't logged in to the GameCenter. After he logged in again, the neighbours were back.

Comment

• jileha
        jileha commented
        Editing a comment
        This would affect all friends, not 2/3 of them. I still have only GC friends, I have not unfriended them, and apparently at least some of them are able to see and gift me as I get “someone”-gifts from friends I can’t see anymore (I know their usual drop spot).

Seem that my neighbour list are also having issue after the latest update. Some of them are missing from the list 😔

Comment

I lost a lot of my friends also with the new update.

Comment

I just read in a forum for another game I play that players there have a similar issue, i.e. the a fair amount of their GC friends can no longer be seen, but there is no distinction between active and non-active players. So this whole thing might be a GC issue, not game-specific. Which probably also means that there won’t be any fix.

Comment

Hey everyone. Thanks for reporting this. It may very well be an issue with Game Center itself, but as soon as I hear something back from Bongfish I'll let you all know.

Comment

• Morning Sky
              Morning Sky commented
              Editing a comment
              A user from the German forum has now noticed that neighbours have disappeared after loading IOS 11.2.2. she has not loaded the Smurf's Village Update 1.56.0 yet.

• jileha
              jileha commented
              Editing a comment
              I’m still on 11.1. And I didn’t change anything on my iPad recently. It seems more GC than iOS related.

I don't now why it takes sooo long to fix the problem with the friendlist. It's super annoying that you can't see your friends. It's an important part of the game to show your village and see the villages of your friends. I mean it's fun to build for yourself, but after some time you feel quite isolated. My friends started sharing screenshots via whatsapp, come on that can't be the solution. There should be an independent friend system for Flashman Games. Put your money and time in developing that before creating any new content. It's way more important in my opinion.

Comment

This same issue has come up in one of my other games. The forum community has been discussing and trouble shooting for about a week, and this is what they have come up with, so far:

It appears that Game Center is now limiting games to only 100 friends. You can have more than 100 GC friends, but only the most "active," top 100 (as determined by GC's points ranking system- not by how active they are in SV) will appear in your game. So, a "fix" is going through your GC friends list and deleting people so that your SV friends are bumped up into your top 100. Using a device that is iOS9 or lower will allow you to enter the GC app to view your friends and their rankings. If you play other games with GC friends, you will have to do your deleting very strategically.

**** Delete GC friends AT YOUR OWN RISK. Once they are gone, you can NOT re-friend them again through GC. ****

I have not had to delete anyone because I have less than 100 friends in both FB and GC, combined. But, some people in the Dragonvale community I belong to have, and they report being able to now see, gift, and visit their friends again. I trust them. I fully believe they are good folks- it's a community similar to what we have, here, with long time, experienced members who like helping out other players. A few of them are techies/know about game coding and such (unlike me, obviously,😄). Most are very reluctant about deleting GC friends, which is why the progress is going pretty slow.

Here's a screencap of a bit of the (week long) discussion, including a post from the forum member who figured out the fix:

Last edited by happybird; 01-21-2018, 05:18 AM.

Comment

• happybird
                happybird commented
                Editing a comment
                Forgot to add (and now the editing feature is all weird b/c added the pic):

There is still discussion going on about how Facebook friends fit in to all this. Like, if you have a mix of both GC and FB friends, do the FB friends count in the '100 friends, only' that you can see/visit/gift in the actual game? Folks are experimenting and trying to determine that.

What do you do if you don’t have a older device?

Comment

• happybird
                happybird commented
                Editing a comment
                I don't know.

If anyone on the Dragonvale forum figures that out, or some other way to handle the issue on devices with iOS10 or 11, I'll share it here.

This mess is affecting the daily gifting of in-app currency in that game, so they are determined to figure it out. It seems not even the game developers knew this was going to happen (??). The response from DV customer service was along the lines of, "try turning your device on and off a couple times and see if that works??" But, that's not their fault.

*shakes fist angrily at Apple*

After the mess and backlash from the other quiet nerfs of GC's capabilities, I cannot believe they just slid another one in with no warning or prior notice. Ugh.
                Last edited by happybird; 01-21-2018, 05:28 AM.

My friends are back!!! let’s hope it stays this way. 🤞

Comment

Mine are still missing. 😡😡 Apple is not doing use right!!! Some of my few friends that I had left. I had at the beginning I started playing. Friends are gifting me and I can’t help them.. 😡😡😡

Comment

• ern57
                  ern57 commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Ok I logged out if GC did a hard reboot on my I-Pad. Then logged back in under my I-Cloud. And some of my friends are back.
                  I hope this helps some. It work for me.😁
              Working...
              X