Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Important Announcement: Developer Update regarding known issues currently affecting version 1.86.0

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Every time I try placing Black Knight Smurf into my village (from MMB storage), he crashes my game instantly.

Comment

• EveQ_
      EveQ_ commented
      Editing a comment
      Trinity I have this issue too, I’m on iOS. I delete cache reboot phone and was able to place the Black Knight Smurf eventually think after 2 or 3 tries. But honestly I wouldn’t recommend you to do it cos crashes may do more harm to your village. The update will be here soon, hold on to it

Don’t know if this a bug or not, noticed when visiting a friend’s village, smurfs using a watering can on open ground instead of crops or flowers.

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	20191117_160542.jpg
Views:	342
Size:	385.1 KB
ID:	250689 Is anyone else experiencing difficulty when tapping the icons circled in my picture when you're over a farm plot or any other interactive area?

​​​The interface acts as if it is transparent. If I'm on a farm plot, planting or harvesting options pop up when I tap the gear instead of the settings menus. Same happens if those icons are positioned over a magic shrub or other interactive area like a hut with a minigame or event.

My guess is this is unintended. I play on Android 9, Samsung Galaxy Note 8. I am curious if iOS players are also seeing this.

skydiver118 cosmickitten @Tamara Chat noir? I can't recall if you're all on the same OS, but I'm wondering if it is just me.
      Last edited by Stroumpfette; 11-17-2019, 06:34 PM.

Comment

• IslandLife
        IslandLife commented
        Editing a comment
        Hi Stroumpfette , I'm not sure if this is related to your original observation. I'm on Android too and have noticed this "transparent" effect. However if you (gently) double-tap the icon, it will take you to the appropriate menu. Sometimes my icons appear "stuck" in Move mode, but a double-tap on the right hand corner icon will return it to the Hammer icon.

• EveQ_
        EveQ_ commented
        Editing a comment
        Thank you so much for taking the time to explain to me ❤️ Stroumpfette

• Stroumpfette
        Stroumpfette commented
        Editing a comment
        Happy to help, @EveQ

IslandLife the menu for whatever is underneath pops up, and I have to clear that first, so I'm not sure it will have an effect. I will play around with it some more.

It may be that the target is too small even for my pointy Samsung stylus.

Some items in the store have been categorised incorrectly, such as the Soccer Field put in the Smurfy Wonder Menu.

Comment

• Badger
        Badger commented
        Editing a comment
        Thank you for spotting that!
        If you find items that you think are in the wrong category, please - if at all possible - let Bongfish know which ones, either by sending a note suggesting changes to Customer Support, or by posting them here. There's more than 5000 items in SV overall so some mistakes were bound to happen

• Badger
        Badger commented
        Editing a comment
        If you find items that you think are in the wrong category, please - if at all possible - let Bongfish know which ones, either by sending a note suggesting changes to Customer Support, or by posting them here. There's more than 5000 items in SV overall so some mistakes were bound to happen

• Badger
        Badger commented
        Editing a comment

why i cant place anyway pathways in my village, When I put it down, it disappeared. somthing wrong

Comment

• Unicorn Smurf
        Unicorn Smurf commented
        Editing a comment
        You might have used the maximum amount that you can place. When you go into Pathways, there is a little number that tells you how many you have used and how many you are allowed to place. I suggest checking there. 🙂

I don´t write very often here and I don´t want to offend someone, who is struggeling with problems because of this update. I can unterstand the frustration this must cause.

But on the other hand I have the strong desire to give a BIIIIIG Thank you to Bongfish for the great efford they put into this game.

I have worked as a software tester for several years. It is not easy to take over something that complex, improve it, develop it further and get rid of the nasty bugs (and there where many of them! I nearly stopped playing.). So I think, without you guys Smurf's Village would not be alive today.

And let´s say it clear: to develop a new game is much easier than to keep alive a nine!!!! year old game that was certainly not meant to go on that long. What kind of devices where there nine years ago? What requirements? I am not sure about IOS but I believe we talk about Android 2.x. and for example Samsung Galaxy 1.

Bongfish/PopReach took the risk and changed an important part of the game (the User Interface) so it will be more comfy for us in the future. And from own experience: You change one tiny little bit here and there and accidentally tear down something else you haven´t even though of. The only thing you can hope for is, that you find most of defects with big impact before the release. Finding everything is illusional.

And with that: another THANK YOU to the dedicated testers! As far as I am concerned, I can live with blurry interfaces and hesitant reactions for a while if it means that we all can enjoy Smurfs Village for another 9 years!

Smurfy Greetings and that is it for today!
      KnittingSmurf
      ❤️🧡💛💚💙💜

Last edited by KnittingSmurf; 11-19-2019, 12:55 PM.

Comment

• skydiver118
        skydiver118 commented
        Editing a comment
        You phrased it so well because Bongfish is a fantastic company. Are they perfect? Nah. But that’s ok. More importantly than appearing to be perfect is being imperfect and owning it. They admit oops and fix them and that’s such a wonderful thing.
        I have been very lucky to only need technical help a couple of times and they have been so fantastic and helpful.
        With the sale imminent (as in coming soon) they could be coasting, but like proud parents they seem to be doing all they can to finish and complete all they can before they lose control, which shows a fantastic level of pride and ownership.

• Stroumpfette
        Stroumpfette commented
        Editing a comment
        Bongfish has done an amazing job of updating the game to keep up with technology, and they have been so responsive to player feedback.

They releveled the XP requirements at higher levels, offered new ways to get cool things (contests, the travel caravan to watch ads and win prizes), and they responded to reports of bugs and issues.

They also uplifted the Android community players by giving the Android version as much effort as the iOS version. That meant a lot to those of us on Android OS.

The game creator didn't seem interested in any of those things, and player satisfaction often dipped.

Well stated, KnittingSmurf
        Last edited by Stroumpfette; 11-20-2019, 09:17 PM.

• Twinkiepie
        Twinkiepie commented
        Editing a comment
        Thank you so much 💙💙💙💙💙 Love reading all your comments and will share them with the team

Hi this is going to sound like a silly question... I hope you guys can suppress the eye-rolls! 🙄
      As there is no longer any way to take an in-game picture, I'm assuming people are posting screenshots/gifs captured with their phones 📸. Have there been any problems with pictures being too large to post to this forum as a result? What apps/software are you using to get past the size limits? Is there a way to reduce the quality if the picture?
      I'm on Android, Samsung.

Comment

• Badger
        Badger commented
        Editing a comment
        It was unusual anyway to have a "Camera" option in the Build Menu, which then saved images to a semi-random location on the device. The Facebook part of that feature (post your screenshot asking others to join) was SO 2011; I think people don't post this kind of posting to Facebook much anymore. So the build menu unnecessarily duplicated something you can do by pressing buttons on the device.
        When I handle screenshots I move them over to the PC, then just open them in MS Paint (yeah I know, but it's free) and go Home->Resize->50%.

• IslandLife
        IslandLife commented
        Editing a comment
        Thanks Badger . I was a pretty dedicated user of MS Paint and I often wish I had a nice simple resize option on my phone!

• skydiver118
        skydiver118 commented
        Editing a comment
        Another way could be to take it slightly larger than you need, then crop in. Might be a little fuzzy if you do it too much, but trimming off that extra inch or so can make the size smaller.

Hi IslandLife. Please don’t ‘eye-roll’ at this, because I’m sure you will know how to crop screenshots, but for anyone else out there...my (pretty basic) Android phone lets me do this: take screenshot, find this symbol Click image for larger version

Name:	8F3FCBBF-9A0D-4CB0-A277-80AA34B00619.jpeg
Views:	201
Size:	26.1 KB
ID:	250963 Tap it, then tap this symbol Click image for larger version

Name:	E1C81F01-41FF-4357-8044-6022FAFDF898.jpeg
Views:	175
Size:	36.2 KB
ID:	250964 and I can crop it

Comment

• IslandLife
        IslandLife commented
        Editing a comment
        Thank you Chat noir! No eye-rolls here I promise! I have ended up cropping a fair bit, but I find that the quality of the screenshots is still too high.
        I have however just discovered that saving a picture to Google Photos reduces the size of the image considerably, without a discernable reduction in quality for a "cartoon image"... so I'm going to try that next. 🤞

Not sure if anyone else is experiencing this... but for me, when I send smurfs out on rafts at the island and I want to cancel the rafts, my game crashes. Never happened before in the past.

Comment

• Gemenii2188
        Gemenii2188 commented
        Editing a comment
        I have had the same problem. When I attempt to cancel the raft the game cashes every time. Until it is resolved we will just have to let the raft finish .
        Last edited by Gemenii2188; 11-27-2019, 06:49 PM.
    Working...
    X