Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Important Announcement: Developer Update regarding known issues currently affecting version 1.86.0

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

A few other things I noticed--they're annoying, but it's just a matter of convenience, and I've consolidated some of what I mentioned in other posts for item 2.

1) In the old interface, if a player harvested all magic shrubs (and farm plots) and held the plant all menu up, they'd see a running tally of coins and XP as shrubs became free--that's how I'd determine all shrubs were harvested and prevented doing a plant-all before the shrubs (and farm plots) were empty. The new interface doesn't do that. It's static, and unless I can see all the shrubs (and farm plots) in the window, I can't tell if I'm going to plant all 200 plots or if I'm going to only plant half of them if the harvest runs slow.

It's a pain, but it's livable.

2) In planting shrubs/crops, the menus are difficult to scroll in and the result is planting the wrong crop. I mentioned this above somewhere. If I sit on a single shrub/plot and advance the crop menu to the crop I want the menu stays on that crop for the plant-all function, so I don't make a costly mistake.

3) Crater digs take a very long time to harvest and set up. I used to be able to do three quick taps/clicks to harvest. Now, it's three very slow taps/clicks. Starting a new crater dig is also very slogfully slow. The menu takes at least three- to four-times as long to pop up, and I have to tap/click deliberately (and often multiple times) to get it to pop up to select the right crater dig option (no SB).

I can't speak for other players, but when I open my game in the morning and before I go to bed, I want to harvest, replant, gather XP and move on to the next land area. I need to be in and out of my game in 15 minutes or less. The longer it takes to perform routine functions is the less time I can spend on the gifting system which has it's own time sink issues.

I'm hopeful these issues will be addressed over time, and please don't take these issues as overly negative, because overall, I think the new menus and organization are a huge benefit, especially to players with visual disabilities.
    Last edited by Stroumpfette; 11-14-2019, 08:17 AM.

Comment

• Cupcake
      Cupcake commented
      Editing a comment
      A work-around for your first comment: While it may not show in the Plant All window, you can watch the coin total on the top bar- that’s how I’ve always done it (silly me!) 😂

• Stroumpfette
      Stroumpfette commented
      Editing a comment
      Cupcake I noticed that last night, but it's very small and hard to see for those of us with visual impairment.

• Stroumpfette
      Stroumpfette commented
      Editing a comment
      Spelling Bee I am adding a 4th item to my report.

Any attempt to cancel a raft on the island causes immediately a crash and other timers may reset on crops or smurfy wonders when that crash occurs. So far, all the timers that reset occur right after a crash. It's easy to accidentally send out the wrong raft with the way the menus function.
      Last edited by Stroumpfette; 11-15-2019, 10:18 PM.

Okay, this morning my game exploded.

Crater collection was XP no matter what it actually found, and it didn't take the usual 3 taps to get it.

I went to the mountain and the SB bird didn't collect the SB that had come due.

Then I exited and returned to the game.

The ready-to-harvest-SB were gone, and the timer said they would be ready in 8 minutes.

My swoofs planet crops reverted to an earlier time with the lollipops from last night and wouldn't be ready for another hour, but I had just planted cauliflower before I closed the game.

I tried to pay 1SB to test harvest a crater, and the game forced closed.

I'm going to try to revert to an earlier backup, but I bet I'm gonna lose the Gargamel I won in MMB last night.

Sigh.

This is really awful.

Spelling Bee , I'm beginning to think game corruption is a side effect of the new release. Too many of us have unstable games on platforms that shouldn't have any trouble running the code.
    Last edited by Stroumpfette; 11-14-2019, 11:29 AM.

Comment

• Stroumpfette
      Stroumpfette commented
      Editing a comment
      Cupcake were it just the timers, I'd not have been concerned. The timers changed AFTER the craters operated unconventionally. I'm going to wait until all areas have synced up (I like to harvest crops and XP only twice per day), and then see if the craters begin malfunctioning again. I know the game was operating properly last night before I fell asleep. That's the backup I used, and then I wrote it out to the Cloud.

I don't do automatic Cloud backup for the very reason that it's possible to end up with a corrupt village out there. I manually execute my backups after important XP accumulations or after changes that I want not to lose in a potential crash.

• Cupcake
      Cupcake commented
      Editing a comment
      I agree that the craters thing is weird, but the going-back-in-time thing happens irregularly, so just didn’t want you to think it is corruption if you saw it again. Are you IOS or Android? I’m IOS and keep auto cloud save on because sometimes I forget to do one before I leave the game- if my village corrupts, I can go back to the local save from night before.

• skydiver118
      skydiver118 commented
      Editing a comment
      Stroumpfette
      You could try to do what I’m doing, just dont’ plant anything, don’t mess with the craters and only harvest XP and Reporter and let the village sit.
      If you’re worried about losing things, just let MMB be and well, let your game idle until a fix is out. (Honestly there’s a part of me that doesn’t mind taking a break from the game. Life is so busy that it’s one less stress. The last time we had an issue I abandoned traveler on two of my devices and now happily don’t even mess with it. I’m in the high 120’s and even if I stressed out and worked hard all I’d get is 2-3% so simply was not worth my time to mess with it.)

Basically if the bugs force me to downscale my play I’m fine with that. THe way the XP is scaled at the high levels it’ll take me years and years to max it out so why bother?

Originally posted by Stroumpfette View Post
    Okay, this morning my game exploded.

Crater collection was XP no matter what it actually found, and it didn't take the usual 3 taps to get it.

I went to the mountain and the SB bird didn't collect the SB that had come due.

Then I exited and returned to the game.

The ready-to-harvest-SB were gone, and the timer said they would be ready in 8 minutes.

My swoofs planet crops reverted to an earlier time with the lollipops from last night and wouldn't be ready for another hour, but I had just planted cauliflower before I closed the game.

I tried to pay 1SB to test harvest a crater, and the game forced closed.

I'm going to try to revert to an earlier backup, but I bet I'm gonna lose the Gargamel I won in MMB last night.

Sigh.

This is really awful.

Spelling Bee , I'm beginning to think game corruption is a side effect of the new release. Too many of us have unstable games on platforms that shouldn't have any trouble running the code.
    Stroumpfette Everything that you've experienced above is NOT indicative of corruption. They are, however, known intermittent issues that are occurring with this update. The Development Team is investigating everything and working to fix them ASAP.

Comment

• skydiver118
      skydiver118 commented
      Editing a comment
      Spelling Bee We know they’ll fix it. It has to be just as frustrating for them as it is for us.

• Stroumpfette
      Stroumpfette commented
      Editing a comment
      Thanks, Spelling Bee. I'm comforted that it's not corruption, but I'm going to sit tight and only collect XP and keep Reporter happy while the developers work away.

I agree, they must be frustrated as well.

I love the new menus. Truly.

Upgrades are always hard. This too shall pass.

• Spelling Bee
      Spelling Bee commented
      Editing a comment
      skydiver118 & Stroumpfette Yes, frustrating would be an understatement. No one on the Team wants to disappoint our community or let them down. They are very busy doing everything they can to get fixes and improvements out ASAP.

I have just collected all rewards for the jet from Tourist Smurf at Island, but I cannot claim the free jet. It is not showing on the screen, all items except 2 are missing from selection, same happen to Trophy Smurf. I am unable to load a photo, it said the photo is too big, can someone help to check whether they are able to see all items while I figure out how to upload the photo?

thanks

Comment

• Cupcake
      Cupcake commented
      Editing a comment
      Kelly, if you crop the photo just a tiny bit, it should upload...

• Kelly Hoon
      Kelly Hoon commented
      Editing a comment
      Ok, I tried, will upload the photo in a while. Thanks Cupcake

Tracker smurf and the message in the bottle doesn’t show the remaining time, also maybe new stuff like past exclusive offers for smurfberries and not real money

Comment

• skydiver118
      skydiver118 commented
      Editing a comment
      I would honestly not bother with message in a bottle until the next update. When you get the quest tonight just let it sit.

Hello! While I am enjoying many aspects of this new update, I think I'll add this question to this thread. But to be honest, I have no idea if it has anything to do with the update at all...
    Has anyone else noticed wonders missing from the Build Menu? I haven't checked all areas yet, but I noticed in Space, so I'm using this as an example. All my wonders are in my Space area just fine, giving Smurfberries as they should (at least I hope so, they're due in a few days... 😊). But some of them are not listed in the Menu, at least not in the Wonders section. I found Chief Swuf's Hut in the houses section, but I couldn't find the Aquarium, the Terrarium or the Cake Tower. The search came up with no result either. Any ideas...?
    (I tried to add a screenshot, but after being logged out of the forum twice while the picture was uploading, I give up.)

Comment

• skydiver118
      skydiver118 commented
      Editing a comment
      I will guess with some of this moving things around in the menus, well they moved likely thousands of items, so not unexpected to see a few things go missing.
      One thing I can’t remember, I know some of the mountain wonders are in place, meaning as you build staircases you gain access to them. I’m not sure if any of the space wonders are like that or not. But that may account for some of the older ones.

• Morning Sky
      Morning Sky commented
      Editing a comment
      Skydiver is correct: the Aquarium, the Terrarium and the Cake Tower Wonders on Planet was never in the menue. They was found after land expansions in the area.

• Fiona
      Fiona commented
      Editing a comment
      ☺️ It never was on the menu...? Funny how you forget details like that after some time... Thanks for clarifying, skydiver118 and Morning Sky!
      Last edited by Fiona; 11-17-2019, 12:01 PM.

Spelling Bee please help....I had a crater problem where when I moved to another area of the game craters still popped up on the screen. You advised it was a bug so I went back to my auto saved first of Nov game and all has seemed well.
    this morning I went to space and dug up my craters and paid the coins to dig again as normal. I then went back to the main village and 4 more harvested crater images popped up on the screen.
    is this a bug again and do I need to go back to another even earlier saved game.

i wish I hadn’t updated all seemed fine before this update.😢😢😢😢🐙🙏

ooh and sorry friends I don’t think I will be gifting until all this has been sorted out....too dangerous

Comment

• Spelling Bee
      Spelling Bee commented
      Editing a comment
      asmurf I would go and do a recovery again, and this time go back further than you did last time. After that, I would hold off playing for a few days until the next version update arrives, which is scheduled to arrive on or around the 21st. I know it's not a fun thought to avoid playing for a few days, but with a much more stable build of the game, it might just help prevent the corruption from re-occurring for you.

• skydiver118
      skydiver118 commented
      Editing a comment
      asmurf
      I go into my game a few times a day. I gather XP, collect from reporter and the Jokey’s then I just let it sit. I don’t plant crops, I’m not messing with MIAB, I’m basically just keeping the status quo until the next update arrives and while I have experienced some of the issues in this thread (and posted about them) I have yet to experience the clock going wonky again or other things, so Spelling Bee ‘s advice is good. Let your game sit. It’s more stable when it sits.
      If you’re worried about losing progress, think about it this way, if you have to roll back further and further to find a clean game, you are already losing progress.

• asmurf
      asmurf commented
      Editing a comment
      Spelling Bee, skydiver118 and Cupcake thank you all so much for your advice. I have done a recovery to 20 October so another 10 days back and will now just leave the game as you suggested. It is sad but in the long term it doesn’t matter at all.
      I still have my Android game which I play on flight mode so am lucky, I can still get my smurf village fix.
      💜🧡💛💚❤️🐙

Something strange happened last night when I tried to open my game on the iPad.
    Two messages plopped up at the same time and I couldn't close them. I tried to open the game in flight mode, but so the game started in level 1.
    I don't understand, why I got the message that the VIP Store was unlocked, because I've had it for years.
    Since I play on two devices, I deleted and reloaded the app on the iPad. So it was possible to restore the score from the mobile phone.
    The whole thing was pretty scary.

Comment

• Cupcake
      Cupcake commented
      Editing a comment
      Be very, very careful about deleting and reinstalling the game, even if you play on two devices. When you delete the game on your device, you delete all your local saved games. If you need to recover because of corruption, you then have no saved games to go back to. If it happens again, close down your game, reboot your device, and try to open your game and recover a previous saved game. If you have saved the game from you phone on the cloud, you can then try to load the cloud save and recover your progress.

Oh no...when I click on Handy’s Dive Shop it asks me ifI want to play Papa Smurf’s Mixing Game...😜

I guess this is similar to Trophy/Tourist’s issue...

Comment

Some more (funnier) bugs:
      • I can put my houses in the sea in MV.
      • I can put my farmlands under the S.S. Smurf II pier on the Island and plant crops on them. Somehow the pier disappeared later.
      In the image below, a Smurf is planting eggplant on the “bugged” farmland, however it is outside the screen.

Comment

• Cupcake
        Cupcake commented
        Editing a comment
        It appears that you village has become corrupted as this should not be happening in any circumstances. It would be best to recover your village now. Spelling Bee wrote the following. Also, make sure to submit a ticket to Customer Support about this at the link she shows below!

Originally posted by Spelling Bee

When your huts and items suddenly disappear, or they are replaced with something else, that typically means your village has become corrupted in some way. The quickest and safest fix for this is to immediately use the in-game recovery tool as soon as possible and restore your village to an earlier save that was made BEFORE the problem first appeared.

To do this, go to the Smurfs’ Village Menu > Settings Tab > My Account > Local Saves > Saved Villages. On the Saved Villages Screen, go through the saves one by one and preview them until you find a good save where everything is back to normal. If this problem just happened, we would recommend starting with two days ago first, and then go back even further if needed.

So, if for example it happened today, check the day before yesterday’s save and if that’s good, you can use that save or go back even one day further to be extra safe. Since you are essentially taking your village back in time, you will lose the recent progress that has been made since the save was created, but it's a small price to pay for removing the corruption.

If you had made any recent purchases or obtained items that will now be lost after recovering, you can submit a ticket with the BongfishCustomer Support Team, and they will be happy to go over what they are able to resend to you. https://smurfs.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/requests/new
        Last edited by Cupcake; 11-15-2019, 06:41 AM.

Be very, very careful about deleting and reinstalling the game, even if you play on two devices. When you delete the game on your device, you delete all your local saved games. If you need to recover because of corruption, you then have no saved games to go back to. If it happens again, close down your game, reboot your device, and try to open your game and recover a previous saved game. If you have saved the game from you phone on the cloud, you can then try to load the cloud save and recover your progress.

Comment

• Nonna
        Nonna commented
        Editing a comment
        I am aware that uninstalling and reloading the app is not a good idea. But if restarting and rebooting doesn't help, what else can I do? And since I couldn't click away the message, I didn't have access to the recovery files either.
        I was able to take over the data from the phone after the reinstallation and at midnight a recovery file was created again.

• Cupcake
        Cupcake commented
        Editing a comment
        Nonna You can either go back to your main device screen, or, if your screen is completely frozen, you can restart your device. Once you restart your device, hopefully you can launch the village again and access your recovery files, or load the cloud save from your other device.

Hi all, I am unable to collect the free jet from Tourist, not only that the game disallow me to collect with message that ‘you cannot place another jet’, the gift has turned into ‘golden smurf reward’, and some of the exclusive rewards also disappeared, please see photo attached. I have checked the Trophy smurf rewards, same issue. Is this a know bug? What can I do?

Regards
      Kelly
      Attached Files

Comment

• yosinori saitou
        yosinori saitou commented
        Editing a comment
        i checked mine and it's just the same as you. ( i already have my jet ) i think many others have the same problem. maybe we should wait for the next update.

• Cupcake
        Cupcake commented
        Editing a comment
        Make sure to fill out a ticket with Customer Support, Kelly!

The testers are back at work. Hopefully they are doing an intensive job!

Click image for larger version

Name:	ECC372D5-6D68-4393-AAF9-0F72C19AA751.jpeg
Views:	280
Size:	73.9 KB
ID:	250615

Comment

• asmurf
        asmurf commented
        Editing a comment
        Oh good, fingers crossed, there are a lot of issues to sort out.🐙❤️❤️

Here’s another oddity to add to the pile. Ok, so I play on 3 devices. 2 ipads, 1 ipod. The ipads are my years old games, plenty of EOs and some MMB prizes. I own every smurf on those games, they’re fully expanded etc. Those games are the ones I’m having issues on.
      My ipod game, on level 88, two years of game play. no EOs, no MMB prizes, not fully expanded, only a few smurfs bought, that game is relatively stable. My MIAB works on that one. I have yet to experience time oddities on that one. It plays normal.

There is way too many differences between the ipod and ipad games to even go into. The bugs may stem from the levels, or being a VIP, or a certain EO or certain smurf. Maybe from having wonders completed....dunno. Just too many variables to track down. Not to mention different devices (all on the same IOS however)

Comment

Hi, I just played Baby Smurf Hut game on Mountain but the timer for next game is off. It’s 6 hours game but it indicated 11+ hours more. It was working fine yesterday. Is my village corrupted? 😭😭 Click image for larger version

Name:	ABEF0C9A-EAC1-492E-A6FF-8E31959E7CDE.jpeg
Views:	294
Size:	399.4 KB
ID:	250636

Comment

• Cupcake
          Cupcake commented
          Editing a comment
          My guess is that this is not indicative of corruption and may be a timer issue, but that is only a guess. If you want to be cautious, you can recover to an earlier game. Do you see anything else wrong in your village? Maybe Spelling Bee has an answer...

• EveQ_
          EveQ_ commented
          Editing a comment
          Hi Cupcake thanks for getting back to me. I wanted to be sure before commenting, I can play the baby smurf hut in 6hours though the timer indicates 11hours + for next game. Think I’ll just skip playing the baby smurf game till next update and see how it goes. Mountain has been quite buggy for me, if you remember my previous report about resources deducted but wonder wasn’t build. Have a smurfy week ahead ❤️
      Working...
      X