Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Smurfs‘ Village iOS version 1.86.0 Fairy update is live and available for download!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Mountain will be my favorite area for the next few days😍

It’s a Fairytale Square near the King’s castle. Smurfs can read thier favorite fairytales here and have a chat with beloved characters. This is the only place on Earth where you can have breakfast with The Wolf and The Red Hood 🙂 It’s like Disneyland but all the characters are real and can use magic 😄 this area will be expanded, i’m still working on it.

Click image for larger version  Name:	67C05B04-99BE-4928-9611-04313472B923.jpeg Views:	1 Size:	379.5 KB ID:	249854

And here’s the Magic Academy and it’s new Professors, they will teach smurfs how to use power of Nature and always believe in Wonders🙂

Click image for larger version  Name:	97B3AC51-E693-4CEE-9860-B57E33815E83.jpeg Views:	1 Size:	394.0 KB ID:	249855
    Last edited by Smurfy Panda; 11-06-2019, 07:14 PM.

Comment

• asmurf
      asmurf commented
      Editing a comment
      Oh I love it❤️👍👍💓

• AlleycatttSmurf
      AlleycatttSmurf commented
      Editing a comment
      What a lovely fairy tale area!!✨🧚‍♀️✨🧚‍♂️✨🧚‍♀️✨🧚‍♂️

• yosinori saitou
      yosinori saitou commented
      Editing a comment
      i can enjoy imaging a lot of fun fairytale in here. love it! ❤️❤️❤️

This new tree is beautiful, but why is it not storable?
    The additional information at the EOs is very welcome, but what does the Smurf icon mean? Spelling Bee

Click image for larger version  Name:	16A6F3C1-35C6-45BB-9000-98DDE2159DCE.png Views:	3 Size:	1.06 MB ID:	249868
    Last edited by Morning Sky; 11-07-2019, 01:24 AM.

Comment

I think the new screen functions are great. Much easier to use than before.
    i just can’t find the camera function to take a photo of my fairies? Any idea where it is?💚💛🧡❤️💜🐙

Comment

• Shirin
      Shirin commented
      Editing a comment
      I also didn’t find it. Maybe you can try taking screenshot?

• Cupcake
      Cupcake commented
      Editing a comment
      Since almost all devices have the ability to take screenshots, there is no more camera icon.

I’m scared to update. What’s the friend menu like?

Edit: just noticed that PopReach are listed as the developers.. Is the handover complete?
    Last edited by Trinity; 11-07-2019, 03:41 AM.

Comment

• sharonjoy
      sharonjoy commented
      Editing a comment
      My guess is yes.

• skydiver118
      skydiver118 commented
      Editing a comment
      Popreach’s name showed up on the last update. The handover is not complete until Twinkiepie says it is. But it is a ‘in bits and pieces’ thing over the next few months until they hit the ‘official handover’ date....whatever that is.

• Spelling Bee
      Spelling Bee commented
      Editing a comment
      Trinity PopReach completed their acquisition of the game from Flashman back in September. Ever since then, the Bongfish Development Team has still been doing the updates and will continue working on them for at least the next two alongside PopReach until the transition is complete.

I don't particularly love the new interface look. I agree it looks babyish and also takes up valuable screen room at the top.

I don't like having to scroll to collect resources without paying smurfberries for a reward.

Most importantly - where is the free gamemaster box!? Can we only get open it once we get three keys in games?

Digging craters is significantly slowed down while we have to wait for the animation to slide over. Why slow things down instead of streamlining?!

A good addition may have been showing progress of a wonder while it's being built, so you can remember which stage you're in. I haven't found anything I like yet, excepting the ability to manipulate items after clearing the screen.

I've only been using the new update for about 5 minutes and may find more but these things were enough to make me register here on the forum. I wish I hadn't updated!

Comment

• ChristalWest
      ChristalWest commented
      Editing a comment
      The crater collection with the excavator is excruciatingly slow and has caused my game to crash repeatedly this morning. Too much lag between the initial box and the follow-up box. This lag has caused it to revert to the old style collection and then caused the items to not collect. I am playing iOS (latest update) without Wi-Fi or cell service and this issue has caused crashing 3 times in one hour. The crashing is then causing time issues with my planet and island plant times. I will report this on the issues page.

I have numerous issues with lag while scrolling on the Crops screen causing almost constant erroneous planting.

Overall, I like the style of the new interface but, I agree that there are many sluggish/lagging issues with it. I also agree that the blurry images are distracting

• Unicorn Smurf
      Unicorn Smurf commented
      Editing a comment
      Hello sorrelaqha !! Please give the new UI a chance. It is a change for sure but that was the point. Also please understand that this is all new and there are probably a few details that need worked out. I think if you give it more time, you will find a few more things to like about it, at least I hope so. Glad you decided to join the forum! 😄

• Cupcake
      Cupcake commented
      Editing a comment
      skydiver118. That is strange about Game Center- I turned it off when the new friending update came out, and it has stayed off ever since!

So I’m loving the new interface, the search function is brilliant and long overdue and having a seasons section is amazing. Just a couple of niggles - when an item is won in a mini game the ability to delete it straight away has been removed. I have to opt to place it before I can delete it. It’s a minor thing but it just made the game play flow easier when it was added quite recently. Also, I play on an iPad and the images in the store are fuzzy, which is not easy on the eyes. I do appreciate though it’s a work in progress and problems will be ironed out along the way and overall, for me, the experience is positive. 😁

Last edited by cosmickitten; 11-07-2019, 04:55 AM. Reason: On this pic the images look quite sharp - they are much fuzzier in the game screen!

Comment

• Trinity
      Trinity commented
      Editing a comment
      Does look a bit blurry, I must say. Hopefully crisp clean lines are on the way!

• SolipsismSmurf
      SolipsismSmurf commented
      Editing a comment
      yes, to add - the images are blurry also on an iphone 11 pro, standard size device screen. so the blur isn’t just affecting larger tablet screens.

• Cupcake
      Cupcake commented
      Editing a comment
      Trinity The graphics issue was a bug/mistake and they will be fixed in the next update.

I love the update!💙 it’s very thoughtfull and i like new features. Moving button is so much better on the main screen! And i like that i can see the time for EO on the main screen too👍 Mystery box button is nice and small now, looks better as for me🙂
    New menu is so perfectly organised, i had some troubles with searching but it’s ok now😄

Click image for larger version

Name:	A88871C1-DBAD-4E92-8A28-9F7D39F3A1D6.jpeg
Views:	536
Size:	332.0 KB
ID:	249906

I play on iPad and some images looks blury now, some members mentioned it earlier. It doesn’t bother me because i’m sure it will be fixed in future😊💙

Click image for larger version

Name:	0F74B5F1-5E62-4AFA-9647-E6B6BFBDDEF7.jpeg
Views:	515
Size:	103.7 KB
ID:	249907

Comment

When I saw that the update was going to be fairytale-based, I got busy creating some of my own......and then I thought, how about a fairytale poem as a tribute to Bongfish? So....

The Owl and the Pussycat went to sea
      In a beautiful pea-green boat.
      They took some honey, and plenty of money
      Wrapped up in a five pound note. (Sorry, couldn’t do that, Mr Lear!)
      They sailed away, for a year and a day,
      To the land where the Bong(fish!)-Tree grows
      And there in a wood a Piggy-wig stood
      With a ring at the end of his nose.....

With apologies to Edward Lear, and grateful thanks to the departing wonderful Bongfish team! Click image for larger version

Name:	5902C17B-20A3-4698-B96A-BCB9A9FF9BF5.jpeg
Views:	528
Size:	426.5 KB
ID:	249910 ​​​​​​​

Comment

• HappySmurf
        HappySmurf commented
        Editing a comment
        ...👏🏻👏🏻👏🏻💛💛🧚🏻‍♀️🧚🏻‍♀️Super!👏🏻👏🏻💛😀🧚🏻‍♀️

• asmurf
        asmurf commented
        Editing a comment
        Love it👍❤️🐙

• yosinori saitou
        Editing a comment
        i love that Edward Lear poem also and love your owl and pussycat boat!👍👍👍

Today I bought 34 rubles smurfsberries pulled the money from the place and I did not get a discount

Comment

• skydiver118
        skydiver118 commented
        Editing a comment
        @Aycin If you have issues with a purchase you should open a support ticket
        https://smurfs.zendesk.com/hc/en-us

Welcome to the forum. Once you have things settled please hang around and play a while

First of all, I love the new store menu. Takes a bit to figure out what is where, but the search helps a lot. Would love the same menu in the storage.
      Love the fairy update. 😍

I know there are a few things to tweak. I like everyone else is having some lagging, pop ups are blurry, game crashes sometimes and crater digs have been really slow. I can easily live with that and wait for the tweaks to be done. 🙂

I did however, want to mention a new problem I just had on the Planet. I have the excavator digger, so I should have 5 taps to open everything in each crater, but I only had to tap each crater 1 time, I got 1 prize and everything was XP, regardless of whether it was a crate or stardust. This just happened to me now. It’s never happened before. 😳
      Last edited by Lilly; 11-07-2019, 06:03 PM.

Comment

• Lilly
        Lilly commented
        Editing a comment
        And now it seems to be back to normal again.

I like the new style for the most part, especially since the screen is still useable after pressing the up arrow. It does need some tweaks though, as it’s quite blurred, sort of looking like an iPhone app that’s been enlarged for an iPad screen. No search function for your friend villages, which is a bit disappointing, meaning you still have to scroll and scroll to find people. I miss the old resource icons, but will get used to it. Also, everything is a bit slowed down when collecting and placing on the mountain and in space (as others have mentioned). Overall, a good update, but needs work.

Editing to ask: Twinkiepie is it possible to make the game full screen (for 2018 iPad Pro) or is the game only displayable in the standard screen ratios?
      Last edited by Trinity; 11-07-2019, 07:51 PM.

Comment

• Cupcake
        Cupcake commented
        Editing a comment
        Hey, Trinity- as mentioned above, blurry graphics will be fixed!

There are things I really like about the new functionalities, and the more I use it, the more I like it.

- The new menu organization and the search feature make things much easier- it is something we’ve been needing for ages!
      - Pressing and holding the lower right button to make three other buttons appear and disappear- nice!
      - Being able to expand the menu screens with the middle arrow button- so many more items on one screen.
      - I love that you can hide the interface functions altogether and still be able to collect XP, craters, digs etc.
      - A favorite is being able to enter move mode directly from the main screen- so convenient.
      - I enjoy having access to friends from the main screen.
      - Personally, I find the signage on top much more unobtrusive than how it used to be, and the My Village sign doesn’t obscure as much of the left side as it used to.

Yes, there are tweaks and improvements still to made, but all in all I find the new interface a real step forward.

Comment

• yosinori saitou
        Editing a comment
        thanks for the imformations! i didn't notice that i can collect XP when the interface is hiding😄😄😄

• Smurfy Panda
        Smurfy Panda commented
        Editing a comment
        Absolutely agree!😊😊😊💙
        Ooops, thanks for the tip about pressing and holding the lower right button, it’s awesome!😍👍
        Last edited by Smurfy Panda; 11-08-2019, 04:11 AM.

• skydiver118
        skydiver118 commented
        Editing a comment
        It is a less obtrusive interface. And it is nice to see the store reorganized. We should no longer have folks struggling to find older wonders buried down in the bottom of the structures.

A lot of the rest is stuff to just get used to. It may not be my personal taste (I’m old fashioned, I don’t need things to flip and fly and float) but they are making a real effort to update things so I acknowledge the hard work. People have no idea how massive it is to update and change so much behind the scenes, that they likely went through lists of THOUSANDS of items to decide what goes where and to reorganize the store that way. It’s a massive task.

And the reality is no matter what they did not everyone will like it. So roll with it and dont’ sweat the small stuff....and a game’s interface is small stuff.

Collecting your dives on the island is also really annoying now because you can't delete shells in quick succession.
      Last edited by Trinity; 11-08-2019, 03:00 AM.

Comment

Android went live this morning.

I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE the new menus. I play on a Samsung Galaxy Note 8 (hopefully soon upgrading), and I've had such a hard time reading some of the pop-up boxes relating to wonders, and some other items. I love the larger text. I can read it without squinting or reaching for my magnifiers.

It took me a minute to understand how to find the move function, but I found it pretty easily.

I'm not noticing poor graphics as people on iOS have commented. Is it perhaps that the Android version is using different image resolution?

Anyway, Smurfy job, developers! You made the game so much easier to read.

I put the new wonder up in the snowy area. I do wish there was a way to change the background snow cover to grass so it reaches the edges of the land. My path tiles don't quite get to the edge, so you can see the snow peeking out from under my grassy areas.
        Last edited by Stroumpfette; 11-08-2019, 10:04 AM.

Comment

• skydiver118
          skydiver118 commented
          Editing a comment
          Yeah, I’d love a ‘cover it all with grass’ tile for the mountain. Cause while the right expansions are nice, they just add more snow. Well in my brain what smurf in their right mind wants to live in permanent snow cover? And grass tiles not only don’t reach to the edge as you stated, they also make moving around a bit of a bear. But one large ‘green the whole terrace’ grass tile would be wonderful. Then we could have a verdant and lush green mountain instead of a barren rock and snow area for the poor Smurfs to live in

• Tamara Abbott
          Tamara Abbott commented
          Editing a comment
          Yes Android is live !!!!! I'm not finding any blurry images either ( I play on a 10.1 in tablet) and I'm enjoying the new menu layout and options. Some things are a little slower and I am having a few issues with scrolling for and scrolling when gifting

• Juliesmurf
          Juliesmurf commented
          Editing a comment
          I was so pleased to get the android update this morning. Overall I love the new look and I am enjoying having a look around and finding things. I would very much like a green tile that covers a whole section on the mountain. I would also like to see in the future that you choose when you want your village to have snow or not so your village represents the season you are in no matter where in the world you live.

Is anyone else getting a bug where all your gifts from mountain digs, dives and craters open in the main village instead of their respective areas? I’ve been able to place shells and crystals in my main village, problem is they’re invisible 😂

Comment

• asmurf
          asmurf commented
          Editing a comment
          No I haven’t had this problem 🤔🐙
      Working...
      X