Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Share your thoughts and feedback regarding possible improvements and adjustments you would like to see for the new Smurf ID Friend System!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Here’s a glitch of the new friending system. And some may have mentioned it but, on the good news side I was able to find Marco in someone’s village. On the downside the gift box opened when I visited the next village, it was smurfberries and they were not credited.

So if Marco does show up and you visit, do not visit another village, come back to yours if you have any chance of getting the prize.

Comment

Had an idea while opening gifts today...
      How about a feature to “give back” when gifts are opened given by friends?
      Or maybe a search function entirely just on our friends list so that it’s easier to search for friends just based on the first few letters on their ID, instead of typing out their whole name on the “add friends” section.

Comment

I love the new system but when I open gifts left for me it never tells me who they are from. Just says “someone has left you a gift”. It’s probably just me because it always used to happen with my GameCentre friends too but I wish I knew a way to fix it. I can’t thank anyone if I don't know who has gifted me!

Comment

• Unicorn Smurf
          Unicorn Smurf commented
          Editing a comment
          Hey cosmickitten and HappySmurf This was happening to myself and others, too. What fixed it almost completely was logging out of GameCenter through the settings in SV. I occasionally receive a “someone” now but it is very rare. 🙂

• cosmickitten
          cosmickitten commented
          Editing a comment
          Yay, it worked! I haven’t had a single ‘someone’ so far today! Thanks Unicorn Smurf! 😁🎉 🎁

• Unicorn Smurf
          Unicorn Smurf commented
          Editing a comment
          Hooray cosmickitten !! 🤗🥳

Maybe someone did suggest this up thread, if so I apologize for repeating, but maybe a friends village interface where I choose where in their village to go....so say you see the icon for Happy Smurf....and beside that the icon for the village, island, grove, space and mountain and I can go directly there instead of first going to the village then traveling to the other area.

Comment

To me,it's lag that needs to be fixed first of all,its impossible to gift more than 5-6 friends because of the time the interface with their names load as I try to move the screen to the next line of names and of the time it needs for every village to load and then to go back.

Comment

• skydiver118
            skydiver118 commented
            Editing a comment
            I hear ya. On my one device I just have a few so no real issues, on the other gifting everyone takes over half an hour. Once you get to the bottom, scroll, wait, scroll wait load then start over from the top again.

I’m willing to bet they underestimated the server load it would take to have so many thousands (or more) hitting the server all the time.

• ejic12
            ejic12 commented
            Editing a comment
            Which is why a “gift all” button, or the option to batch your gifts to certain people, or gifting without visiting their village would all be nice solutions if there isn’t a way of speeding up the server. Also, being able to see who you’ve already gifted and who hasn’t updated would save us time.

I wish you could gift straightaway after accepting friend requests. You accept, enter their village and can like it but not gift it. Then, once you’ve exited, they disappear down the list and you forget who to gift 😩

Comment

Add profile pics of the resources/gifts. Then people can tell others what they want with that profile pic
            The signs are ok but, I still don’t like that the resource ones cost SB while the others don’t, and when you visit a friend’s village you may not visit anywhere near their sign. It takes too long to friend to then also need to scroll around to find any signs that may or may not be there

Change the friend’s list from 4 across rows to a single column that is thinner - think a vertical list of horizontal name lines. Less scrolling

Have the friends list NOT keep scrolling to the top every time you go back. Makes visiting those at the bottom of the list even more tedious

Make a way to directly visit a friend’s area - you already kinda have this in the featured area - so if I know I have someone that wants bolts I can just go there instead of going to the village, taking the boat, THEN being able to give them the gift

Somehow mark who is/isn’t visited. Maybe unvisited are bolded names and visited is not? Maybe a check mark if they have been visited/gifted? You want people to have a ton of friends, but having and gifting them very literally takes an hour or more for some, so people are limiting their friends due to that pressure. Kinda defeats your purpose.

Fix Marco so we don’t have to zoom out after we find him.

Villages are not updating on your server. My one village shows my wonder days older/unfinished than it really is. It’s a few days to as much as a week out of date.

I have a funny feeling you guys kinda crashed this puppy out and, all things considered, it’s gone pretty smoothly. Just some tweaks to do, things you likely couldn’t even have considered in any small scale testing you may have done. Thanks for all the works you’ve done and I can’t wait to see how it all works out

Comment

skydiver118 I would like a clickable alphabet list as it would greatly reduce scrolling when trying to locate specific people. See below. And yes, resource icons in the icon list would be so handy!
              Click image for larger version

Name:	AA1ADB10-906D-40D3-BF71-9027D9458DA5.jpeg
Views:	1
Size:	34.5 KB
ID:	242642

Comment

• skydiver118
                skydiver118 commented
                Editing a comment
                I agree. Alphabetical would certainly make it easier to keep track of who’s who and where you are in the list.

And add a symbol on Marco like ! to find him,it looked like an adventure targeting him when our villages were small with the past interface of friend system but now,with our huge villages that are full of layers of things and the slow to move screen of friends names ,its next to impossible. Atleast I haven't seen yet his medallion on a friend since I still can't scroll my friends lines down. (And I imagine someone looking for him inside my village will only been enjoying my personal fairytale,Marco will be propably been hit ten behind mushrooms,groups of smurfs and trees😄).

Comment

Now that there's an update and many of us are not on the same version, the time factor travelling to and from villages we cannot gift is incredibly frustrating.

It's almost imperativeive to have a way of determining a friends Version or Update Status from the friend map.

Having a gift indicator so we can determine who we already gifted would make keeping track of where we left off a lot easier.

I'm only able to visit 12 villages 8n 30 minutes, so I never get through my friend list in a single session.

Thank you for all you do to keep the game fresh and new,, Bongfish!
                Last edited by Stroumpfette; Yesterday, 10:42 PM.

Comment

• skydiver118
                  skydiver118 commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Stroumpfette
                  I wonder it has to do with the cloud save. I know before I enabled automatic saving one of my villages showed a week old version when I tried to gift. So if people have updated but not updated their save version on Bongfish’s servers then it thinks they’re playing the old version.

• Stroumpfette
                  Stroumpfette commented
                  Editing a comment
                  skydiver118, that indeed may be it. Can you gift me? I did not force a cloud save. I'm pretty sure I gifted at least one of your games last night.

The most recent save time on my Cloud Save reads July 19, 12:35 pm.
                  Last edited by Stroumpfette; Today, 09:40 AM.

• Tamara Abbott
                  Tamara Abbott commented
                  Editing a comment
                  I can still gift you Stroumpfette
              Working...
              X