Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Complete your Island Classroom furniture set by entering our Teacher's Podium Giveaway!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Aw man! Late to the game as ever! lol I still wanna participate and tag a smurfy gang AlleycatttSmurf HappySmurf Cupcake IslandLife Carver Carver Morning Sky skydiver118 happybird Evanna Best wishes to you all!

A funny/sad story. In grade school, I farted and the whole class heard. I was in 4th grade and sitting in the third row of four rows of desks. I dreadfully watched the heads gradually turned to look behind them to see whodunnit. Meanwhile an insidious plot came to mind: I turned my head to the poor girl sitting behind me! She became the scapegoat because she was always overweight since kindergarten and of course the fat kid has to be the one with the gas problems right? She was mortified at all the heads turned towards her, she yells "It wasn't me!" We all snickered. But she and I both knew the truth. The end.
    Last edited by FaryalSia; 09-13-2018, 10:03 PM.

Comment

• FaryalSia
      FaryalSia commented
      Editing a comment
      teehee AlleycatttSmurf I still secretly laugh maniacally on occasion when I reminisce =P

• HappySmurf
      HappySmurf commented
      Editing a comment
      πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚funny storyπŸ‘πŸΌπŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚Thanks FaryalSia

• Evanna
      Evanna commented
      Editing a comment
      I already own it, but thank you very much for thinking of me! Good luck to you!!

@ Marla Stein
    @ Morning Sky
    @ mietze 1963
    @ Altschlumpf
    @ Goblina
    @ Jella
    @ oldyschlumpf
    @ Susi272
    @ HappySmurf
    @ Lone Smurf
    @Jakomuzi

My school days go back decades. But I like to remember our schoolhouse warden in the grammar school. We students were sent to him when we played pranks. Instead of punishing us, these afternoons were always very funny. We had to do small jobs, but he was always very friendly. Two years ago I met him again during a visit to an nursing home. He remembered me and we spent a fun afternoon together with many memories of school.

Comment

• HappySmurf
      HappySmurf commented
      Editing a comment
      πŸ˜€yes the school timeπŸ“—πŸ–Œ is so impressively buried in the memory, and it is wonderful if you meet someone with whom you can exchange themπŸ‘πŸΌβ˜ΊοΈThank you NonnaπŸŽ‰

• Cupcake
      Cupcake commented
      Editing a comment
      A lovely story- thanks for sharing it!

AlleycatttSmurf skydiver118 Cupcake Astro King yosinori saitou Purple!
    For welcoming me back to the Forum and helping me out. For the brilliant decoration ideas that I have β€˜appropriated’. For still being here since the last time I was on the Forum and still as addicted to villains as ever!

My school tale - every day at work I run a lunch club for some of our students with special educational needs. It’s my favourite time of the day. These kids face daily challenges on every level but they don’t ask anyone to feel sorry for them, they go at life and all it’s challenges with a zest and determination and a kindness that’s amazing. They make me laugh every day.

Comment

• AlleycatttSmurf
      AlleycatttSmurf commented
      Editing a comment
      Thanks so much cosmickitten ☺️

I agree with Sky and Cupcake you really are amazing for helping to take great care of special needs kids, I know first hand how determined and inspirational they can be having worked with special needs toddlers and babies in a daycare when I was younger. We need more people like you in the worldβœ¨πŸŒŸβœ¨πŸ’–πŸ’–πŸ’–βœ¨πŸŒŸβœ¨

• cosmickitten
      cosmickitten commented
      Editing a comment
      Thank you for your lovely comments. I just do my job - the kids are the heroes. One of them told me last week we should rename our β€˜Lunch Bunch’ the β€˜Cool Crew’. First time I’ve been labelled cool in a very very long time! 😎

• Evanna
      Evanna commented
      Editing a comment
      Honestly, I think this in itself is an application and worthy of a nomination for a Heart of Gold!
      It's great that you watch out for those kids. Life can be terrible and awfully tough; having somebody on your side is worth so much. Thank you for being there for those kids and caring about and for them!

cosmickitten ​cosmickitten ​​​cosmickitten data-cke-saved-href="#" href="#" class="b-bbcode-user b-bbcode-user--has-avatar js-bbcode-user js-bbcode-user--userid161" style="background-image: url("https://forums.bongfish.com/core/image.php?userid=161&thumb=1&dateline=1409164606") ;">cosmickitten ​​​happybird ta-cke-saved-href="#" href="#" class="b-bbcode-user b-bbcode-user--has-avatar js-bbcode-user js-bbcode-user--userid9847" style="background-image: url("https://forums.bongfish.com/core/image.php?userid=9847&thumb=1&dateline=1510497821" );">Chat noir k you everyone for the tags πŸ’œπŸ’œπŸ’œπŸ’œπŸ’œ School!!!! I loved school but not necessarily the people at times!
    ​​​​​​​I tag CindySmurf Carver Carver Irene GR debbles smurf Nonna Purple! Cupcake Ray888 IslandLife Kareelia Y3nzid_Raxip Lilly Ultimate skydiver118 Evanna Astro King Shirin TWOSHY Silver Chat noir happybird Veronasmurf Goodluck everyone πŸ’™πŸ’™πŸ’™πŸ’™

Comment

I nominate Y3nzid_Raxip because he *needs* that desk to complete his smurfy collection!

The best thing I have to share about school is this bit of information, which I really hope helps someone out there:
    One thing they don't tell American teenagers is, once you take a couple semesters of classes at a (well-established, brick and mortar) community college, your high school career ceases to matter. Most colleges won't care about your high school grades, SAT scores, GPA, class rank, or any of it. They just check to see that you graduated.

Armed with some post-high school education, you are viewed as an adult transfer student, and many colleges put transfer applicants into a different pool than high school applicants. There are always a *lot* of high school applicants, too many, so it's often easier to be accepted as a transfer.

I had no idea until it happened to me. I ended up getting into some very, very good schools with my shiny new, adult GPA. And I had a truly abysmal high school career: no SATs or ACTs, bottom 1/4 of my graduating class, loooong discipline record for skipping school ... I had given up and was NOT considered "college material" in any way, shape, or form. I had even dropped out my senior year to follow the Grateful Dead, then returned the following year to redo the 3 classes I still needed to graduate. Yikes. But, one year at community college changed everything.

So, please know there is still a way to attend a great college even if you *really* messed up in high school!
    Last edited by happybird; 09-14-2018, 06:49 PM.

Comment

• Y3nzid_Raxip
      Y3nzid_Raxip commented
      Editing a comment
      Lol, thank you. I appreciate the tag

I'm way too late and terribly sorry! I already have won this desk, but I want(ed) to nominate a whole bunch of lovely people who deserve one in their villages! I'm pretty stressed at the moment and wanted to sit down and write a proper list, but never found the time to do so or admittedly forgot when I had a moment to breathe. Maybe it doesn't count anymore, but I still want to nominate some smurfy fellows who I hope will win this great item!

First of all IslandLife who really surprised me with their generosity in gifting their Heart of Gold to me! Thank you again! I truly didn't expect it at all. Your generosity and kindness shows why you won your Heart of Gold in the first place <3 I hope it'll pay off and that you will receive a teacher's podium!
    I am glad you are part of this forum and I'm grateful for the community here being made of a fantastic group of people who all contribute to us having a good time with our little blue friends and each other. Life is so much easier and nicer when we are kind to one another, help each other, have each other's backs, and try to be nurturing instead of egoistic and destructive. Sure, this is just a game and yes, it's just ''dumb pixels'', but on this forum it's all real people. It's wonderful to be united with other people who share your interests but also all are individual people in their own right so that we may see that 'different' is just that and not a bad kind of 'alien' and that people who are different in some ways still might be just like us in others.
    ...that sort of went off topic, but thank you, guys, for being great. And thank you IslandLife for being so kind to gift me your prize.

We are all students and teachers in our every day life even when we aren't aware of it. We learn new things all the time, be it skills, be it facts. We give advice - no matter if big or small, about life or a little trick for baking - or simply demonstrate and ''teach'' by living and acting a certain way that others might choose to copy and follow. It may be a long list, but because of that it's just fitting that they all get a teacher's podium! Good luck, everybody! (Not tagging those of you who already got lucky; please take no offense when you aren't listed <3) (I hope I didn't forget anyone... if I did it's not meant as a slight, it's proof of my brain being useless.)

AlleycatttSmurf skydiver118 Tamara Abbott Cupcake yosinori saitou Purple! Alex Smurf asmurf Chat noir ChristalWest Lilly Irene GR CindySmurf Silver HappySmurf lulu6454 TWOSHY Shirin Veronasmurf Evabevasmurf Astro King Y3nzid_Raxip cosmickitten Freckles Fette Blue Kareelia Ultimate FaryalSia debbles smurf

Comment

• Tamara Abbott
      Tamara Abbott commented
      Editing a comment
      Thank you πŸ’™πŸ’œπŸ’œ

• Chat noir
      Chat noir commented
      Editing a comment
      Evanna Thank you! You are very wise!

• CindySmurf
      CindySmurf commented
      Editing a comment
      Thanks so much Evanna

Thank you Evanna. This forum is a special place with special people. Well said. ❀️

And to all of you good luck! ❀️

Comment

Hi eversmurf Sorry for making you wait! We will announce the winners today!

Comment

• Alex Smurf
        Alex Smurf commented
        Editing a comment
        Any news? ☺️

• skydiver118
        skydiver118 commented
        Editing a comment
        THere were a lot of nominees, so there was a lot of cutting to do.

• IslandLife
        IslandLife commented
        Editing a comment
        skydiver118 "lots of cutting" *snort* πŸ˜‚

🍎✏️Teacher's Podium Giveaway Winners Announced!✏️🍎

Hi everyone! It took a little longer than Twinkiepie and I thought, but the winners have been selected! It was fun to read through all of your school memories, so thank you for sharing them! Even though the plan was originally to give away five prizes, it was decided that we would give away a sixth bonus Teacher's Podium (Desk) because you all had to wait so long for the winners to be announced. As always, please remember that if you weren't chosen this time, don't give up! There will be more chances to win this special prize in the future!

So, without further ado... Congratulations go to:
      1. cosmickitten
      2. Alex Smurf
      3. Y3nzid_Raxip
      4. asmurf
      5. Irene GR
      6. Silver

Winners: Please send me a Private Message here on the forum to arrange the in-game delivery of your prize. Don't forget to also include your Support ID! To find your Support ID, go into your Smurfs' Village Menu > More Tab > and locate the Support ID near the bottom of the menu screen. You can take a screenshot and send it in your Private Message, or you can use the "Copy ID" button there in the menu to copy and paste it into your Message.

Thanks so much for entering the giveaway!

Comment

congratulations winners!!πŸŽ‰πŸŽ‰πŸŽ‰ it was a fun to read the memories of school days from forum membersπŸ˜„πŸ˜„πŸ˜„. it was a great giveaway!!

Comment

Congratulations to all the winners! Have fun with the Teacherβ€˜s Podium! Any chance we get a glimpse of your school area?

Comment

• Tamara Abbott
          Tamara Abbott commented
          Editing a comment
          Congratulations to the winners πŸ’œπŸ’œπŸ’œπŸ’œ Hopefully I get it next time!

Congratulations to the winners! πŸŽŠπŸŽ‰πŸŽŠπŸŽ‰πŸŽŠ

Comment

woohoo. Congrats folks and enjoy your desks

Comment

Yay cosmickitten Alex Smurf asmurf Irene GR Silver and Y3nzid_Raxip !!! How cool and groovy! πŸŽ‰πŸ’ƒπŸŽ‰πŸ’ƒπŸŽ‰
            Last edited by Cupcake; 09-18-2018, 06:33 PM.

Comment

Congrats to the Winners Alex Smurf Silver asmurf cosmickitten Y3nzid_Raxip and Irene GR πŸŽ‰πŸŽ‰πŸŽ‰πŸŽˆπŸŽˆπŸŽˆπŸŽ‰πŸŽ‰πŸŽ‰πŸŽˆπŸŽˆπŸŽˆ

I hope we get to see where you all put your very well deserved Teachers Podiums

And thank you so much to everyone who shared their school stories, they were so much fun to readπŸ’–

Comment

Working...
              X