This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [ND] Please use the correct German translation for the title of the game

The original Smurfs' Village game was translated to "Das Schlümpfdorf" ... which was incorrect. It must have been "Das Schlumpfdorf" or " Das Dorf der Schlümpfe" ... in german, the plural of the noun Schlumpf is Schlümpfe, that's right, but you wouldn't call an appletree "applestree" ... see what I mean? I would suggest "Das Schlumpfdorf und die magische Wiese", "das Schlumpfdorf und die magische Lichtung" oder "Das Schlumpfdorf und das magische Tal"

Well ... you haven't translated the name of the game at all. ;-) BUT all the quests are translated very well. It's fun to read and whoever did it, did a great job!!! Dankeschön!

Comment

The opening screen (don't know if that's the right word for it) shows the wrong german translation of the games title. It says "Das Schlümpfdorf" but the correct translation would be "Das Schlumpfdorf" without the two dots above the "u". I know some would say it's no big deal but as a german fan of the game (and I know I'm not the only one) it's kind of annoying reading an incorrect word everytime I open the app. Please finally fix this Beeline!

Comment

Beeline should know this since a long time ago. Have a look at this posts:

http://forums.beeline-i.com/forum/ma...1169#post71169

http://forums.beeline-i.com/forum/ma...le-of-the-game

Comment

Thank you Morning Sky. I saw these posts before creating this topic. Since non of them includes an official statement from Beeline I thought I'd bring up this topic again. Why don't they change anything about it?

Comment

The license holders authorized the spelling on the title page and chose Die Schlümpfe as the official spelling. I did a quick google image search and shows that it appears to be spelled that way on all other official German Merchandise.

Comment

You're right Spelling Bee. "Die Schlümpfe" ("The Smurfs") is a correct german term. It's the plural of "Der Schlumpf" ("The Smurf"). But if you want to translate "The Smurfs' Village" into german it would be either "Das Dorf der Schlümpfe" (if you want to use the word "Schlümpfe") or "Das Schlumpfdorf" (just the way it's used in the yellow phrase at the bottom of the first picture you posted: "Im Schlumpfdorf geht's rund"). I don't want to sound like a know-it-all. I just want to help

Comment

Thanks Alex. No, please you are fine lol. That actually makes a lot of sense. I'll point it out to the Studio and use what you said to back up the argument that it is incorrect in this use. Thanks everyone.

Comment

Hello Spelling Bee, in the German iTunes App Store it is correct:

Comment

• Alex Smurf
                    Alex Smurf commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Another proof. Thank you Morning Sky

Thank you so much Spelling Bee

Comment

By the way: this was a Topic about a title for SVMM. Alex Smurf is asking for the original SV.

Comment

• Alex Smurf
                      Alex Smurf commented
                      Editing a comment
                      Since this is a general question I think/hope they'll change both the one for SVMM and the one for SV.
                      I've originally created a topic about this in the ideas section of SV. Spelling Bee then moved it over here.

Spelling Bee, are there any news on whether (or maybe even when) the title will be changed?

Comment

Originally posted by Tenny View Post
                      Well ... you haven't translated the name of the game at all. ;-) BUT all the quests are translated very well. It's fun to read and whoever did it, did a great job!!! Dankeschön!
                      Absolutely right.

Comment

Working...
                      X