Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is Smurfs' Village and the Magic Meadow supposed to replace the original Smurfs' Village?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is Smurfs' Village and the Magic Meadow supposed to replace the original Smurfs' Village?

Originally posted by Tapasz View Post
    I truly, deeply, sincerely hope I'm wrong but it seems this game is supposed to replace our beloved SV. If so, Beeline ignores the ones who made this game a succes, the ones who spent thousands of dollars to fund the dev team, the ones who made sure this forum survived. Their most loyal fans....
    For me the most important question would be if this game is supposed to replace our beloved SV. (Dicussion about the looks and such should stay in the other topic. This is a straightforward question to Beeline about the future of our original game).

Yes. I am desperately worried about this too. I really need to know the truth.

Comment

As desperate as we all are to know what Beeline intends to do with SV, they are not going to tell us until they are ready to move SV to the legacy pile. If they tell us now, we will all stop spending money. So they do whatever it takes to make sure we keep spending $ ... personally, I think that is why the most recent updates have been so spectacular. The more we like the update, the more we spend .... I almost feel we are like lemmings racing towards the cliff and our inevitable demise 😢.

Comment

• Tapasz
        Tapasz commented
        Editing a comment
        I'm afraid you're right tzr...😢!

I sent Spelling Bee some mail and asked the same question. This is the response I received:

I can't comment on any of your questions at this time. We are just going to have to wait for official announcements from Beeline.
      Either Beeline needs to remember that the larger age-group that plays SV are adults or they need to rethink how they communicate about new games. I would think that Beeline has grown better than targeting small children to spend on excessively addictive P2W games, but maybe not. Whatever brings money to the company, right?
      Last edited by Baby Smurf; 11-15-2014, 07:33 AM.

Comment

• Spelling Bee
        Spelling Bee commented
        Editing a comment
        I don't mind. I've gone ahead and restored it.

• Caro
        Caro commented
        Editing a comment
        OK. Cool.

(Btw...annoying that comments have to be 10 characters....just filling out my character quota ).

• Amberglass
        Amberglass commented
        Editing a comment
        If we're waiting for an official announcement from Beeline, my gut is telling me it's bad news. If this is the case, I'm done. I'll never put another penny into online games like this. I think they're making one huge mistake if this is the case. Again....jmho.

Actually, this is my only concern. I am only interested in knowing if this will mean an end to our game. It seems unlikely that SVMM will bring in as much money as SV did in the beginning. I guess we really do have to wait and see.

Comment

I know they'll never confirm this because we'd stop spending. But honestly I don't feel like spending in a soon to be ended game anyway. And yes...the extreme additions in latest updates already got me concerned. Next update has 4!!!! Special smurfs in it! It's a squeeze out as much as you can thing.

Comment

Arent these the exact same conversations we had when Smurfs Life was introduced? SV long outlasted that! I still say if SV is wrapping up it is going out with a bang! The game is better than ever and the next update looks spectacular too!

Comment

• Baby Smurf
            Baby Smurf commented
            Editing a comment
            You are exactly right. The only difference is we're now getting EOs that normally would be purchasable for SB...

You are right Purple...but the last updates really felt like the beginning of the big bang. I am also afraid that they will not let us know. But I personally will stop spending money on the game anyways now that I am afraid they might stop my original smurf game.

Comment

Hi everyone. The Studio says they're still supporting the original Smurfs' Village along with Smurfs' Village and the Magical Meadow. So, everyone can breathe a sigh of relief and calm down.

Comment

• Unicorn Smurf
              Unicorn Smurf commented
              Editing a comment
              Thank you, Spelling Bee! I hope they can exist side by side and not in competition forever. 😊

• Tenny
              Tenny commented
              Editing a comment
              What a relief! I want to see how both games can exist next to each other.

Thank you for the confirmation! :: Breathes a sigh of relief and calms down ::

Comment

Phew. Thanks for that confirmation. ::deep breath::

Comment

OK ... I'm calming down with the help of a mojito 😜. Spelling Bee, thank you for getting a response from the studio on a weekend!

Comment

Hope the coexistence will be for a long time and not only for a few months!!!
                  I' m still worried!

Comment

• Myleen73
                    Myleen73 commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Me, too, Sky 😩.

• Myleen73
                    Myleen73 commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Me, too, Sky 😩.
                    We just can hope and see.

"Still supporting" doesn't mean "still developing for" or "still updating". Actions are speaking more than words, so I'll repeat what I said in another post. If devs were still so involved in SV, critical bugs would be addressed, used gifted for their patience, and updates wouldn't look like an incessant cramming of special smurfs. That we should get before, you know, the game becomes unplayable like Zombie Cafe.
                  But in a way, I thank the devs for all that too. Because of the pricey EOs not working, I have distanced myself from the game and won't suffer as much when it goes. Ah well.

Comment

Working...
                  X