Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

[ND] Re-organize the Storage Hut menu and layout in order to speed up access to our items

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It would be very nice if you could organize your storage shed -especially in MV - the way you wanted. I hate searching for stuff! Thanks

Comment

The game gets bigger and bigger. Now that we've got the vacuum cleaner, we need a better entrance to the storage. Let's do some spring-cleaning and reorganize the storage hut.

Comment

Ok, my thread on simple increasing storage capacity doesn't seem to be very popular, so let me relaunch the idea by suggesting a much needed general storage overhaul. By this I mean:
        1. Increased storage capacity (this seems to improve slightly with every update, but it doesn't seem to be enough)
        2. The ability to delete items directly from storage (This has already been mentioned)
        3. Reorganizing the storage menu. As it is, the one column on the right that we have to scroll down is really long, and we can't properly view all of the items. Ideally, we should be able to see our items organized as they are in the item store, with categories: "flowers", "furniture", "animals", "lights", "pathways", "seasonal" etc. Plus, it would be great to be able to choose a number of the same item we want to place. For instance, if you have 6 benches, the button should allow you to select the amount of benches you want to remove from storage.
        With every fantastic new update that comes with more and more super duper items, it is getting harder and harder to redesign our villages properly. With the combination of not being able to delete items directly, not enough storage, and scrolling up and down looking for every individual item, I find I don't have the time and effort to properly devote to each redesign which I like to change with the seasons.
        Last edited by ejic12; 02-02-2015, 01:57 AM.

Comment

• Murf Smurf
          Murf Smurf commented
          Editing a comment
          This is a very well thought out idea and encompasses so many issues with storage. I don't decorate my village as much as I would like to b/c of the storage and un-storage of items is so time consuming. Just think Beeline, the more I decorate the more SB I'll spend which is more $ I'll spend 😉 win-win for both of us.

Though many of these things have been suggested separately, this encompasses them all very well! Storage is completely unwieldy- please revamp it, Beeline (especially deleting from storage!)

Comment

• Evabevasmurf
          Evabevasmurf commented
          Editing a comment
          Deleting from storage would be such a blessing. I mean, I stored gazillions of vanity tables and had to take them out one at a time and sell them to get rid of them. I would have loved to be able to just delete all of them at once!

Another helpful feature would be to indicate how much capacity is left in storage, for example: 325/500 items in storage. Knowing how much room we have would be really helpful with prioritizing our inventory management.

Comment

• Evabevasmurf
          Evabevasmurf commented
          Editing a comment
          One of the best suggestions ever! Please, please, Beeline, please implement this idea.

• Murf Smurf
          Murf Smurf commented
          Editing a comment
          This would be wonderful!

I hope Morning Sky and Purple don't mind, but I am pasting their recent comment from another thread to bump this topic, and I reiterate that it is a request for a general storage overhaul encompassing several changes, including increased storage capacity and being able to store ALL items. IMHO, this is THE most pressing issue at the moment.

"It looks great, but where do you find so much space every time??" -Morning Sky
        "Everything I can fit in storage goes in there to make room, but even that is full now! Like everyone else I really need more space, and I really need to be able to delete multipule items at once from storage! Using the vacuum fills up storage fast, and it is painful to take items out one by one to delete them."- Purple

Comment

• Morning Sky
          Morning Sky commented
          Editing a comment
          Purple is so right!

Please reform the storage. It takes a long time to scroll if you are looking for something there. The row of items in the storage has become infinitely long and it all seems like a mess when you are looking for something. Please divide up the storage so that animals are found in animals, plants in plants, furniture in furniture and so on.

Comment

Morning Sky Yes I would like to see that in near updates or at least ASAP because with every update and new items the list goes longer and longer and it painstakingly becomes more tedious to scroll through. I know that sounded like torture but it’d be better off with a neat direct search bar. U know I first thought that the scrolling down thing is put on purpose just like marketing techniques used in super markets where you have to go through all shelves before you get to what you wanted then passing by the shelves actually makes you wanna buy other stuff. But no I don’t think it’s the case here

Comment

The whole Storage badly needs to be re-organized to something approximating the main Store menu (which also needs reorganizing.) At the very least, all the holiday decorating items need to be in a separate category in both places. It is so very tedious to try to find the item that you want.

Want to know now how many different items I have in Storage just in the MV? 420! I was shocked myself when I counted them up just now. And none of these are coin items, they are all SB items or special items won in games. [I don’t keep coin items in storage. When I use the vacuum cleaner, I sell the coin items immediately.]

For both storage and the main store, all the plant, flower and growing items need to be in Greenery, and all the non-growing garden items in Garden. ALL the tiles and paths, including the garden tiles, should be under Pathways.

Spelling Bee Twinkiepie Bongfish did did a great job reorganizing the Main Menu, and I’m sure some attention to Storage (and the Store) would be much appreciated by all of us! Can you advocate for us, perhaps?

Comment

• Twinkiepie
              Twinkiepie commented
              Editing a comment
              Sounds like a great and definitely needed suggestion! I will forward it

• Cupcake
              Cupcake commented
              Editing a comment
              Twinkiepie Thank you!

Agreed. Both the Store Menu and the Storage need to be reorganized.

In the both the store menu and the storage menu like items should all be classed together.

A search function for the store menu (and even the storage menu if possible) would make looking for a specific item infinitely easier.

Comment

I completely agree with you both Cupcake and AlleycatttSmurf ! It's such a peeve of mine for the store to be so disorganized. I'm always confused if the item I'm looking for is in garden or greenery or furniture even! Like why are rocks and vases in greenery? Shouldn't they be in garden? What does a sword in a stone or galaxy in a bottle have anything to do with gardening? Wreaths and stuffed animals don't really belong in furniture IMO =/ It's the lack of consistency that's throwing me off.

Comment

Working...
              X