Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Does anyone remember being able to buy Smurfberry Bushes for their friends?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Does anyone remember being able to buy Smurfberry Bushes for their friends?

I would love to do that again.

Nestof3 I'm pretty sure that this was never an option. Beeline wasn't ever open to the idea of gifting Smurfberries, or sending purchases to your friends. Are you sure you aren't thinking of something else?

Comment

Yes, I am positive because I bought smurfberry bushes for my friend Dee. How long have you been playing?
      Last edited by Nestof3; 01-14-2018, 04:28 PM.

Comment

• Morning Sky
        Morning Sky commented
        Editing a comment
        You was able to pay for a refresh of a SB Bush in a neighbour's village, but he did not get the SB. You payed for nothing if you did so.
        Last edited by Morning Sky; 01-14-2018, 04:13 PM.

• Spelling Bee
        Spelling Bee commented
        Editing a comment
        lol, Morning Sky beat me to it by 60 seconds! lol.

• Cupcake
        Cupcake commented
        Editing a comment
        I’ve been playing since the beginning. You could never buy an SB bush for a friend because it costs real money, and there is/was no way to spend money on your account and have something appear in a friend’s village.

I’m pretty sure it was back when Capcom owned the game

Comment

Originally posted by Nestof3 View Post
        Yes, I am positive because I bought smurfberry bushes for both my friend Dee. How long have you been playing?
        Nestof3 I've been playing since November 10th, 2010, and have been Beeline's forum moderator and community manager since 2011, and stayed on with Bongfish when they acquired the game from Beeline. Are you sure you didn't just pay for refresh? I remember that being a bug, but they never received the purchases.

Comment

Click image for larger version  Name:	image_4754.jpg Views:	1 Size:	146.0 KB ID:	206611

Here is a record of a conversation I had with her about it in November of 2012.

Comment

• Spelling Bee
            Spelling Bee commented
            Editing a comment
            Nestof3 Yeah, sadly Dee most likely never got that Smurfberry refill. It was a bug that allowed players who were visiting their friends to tap on the Smurfberry Bush and refill it, as if it was their own. While you were charged for the refill, they never saw the berries. There have been similar other issues like this, but unfortunately no official way to gift the refills, or entire bushes. It would be nice though if Bongfish allowed this someday!

• Morning Sky
            Morning Sky commented
            Editing a comment
            This words don't say someone received the SB gift.

• Spelling Bee
            Spelling Bee commented
            Editing a comment
            Nestof3 That was a very nice thing that you tried to do for them though!

Ok, you’re right. I didn’t buy the bush but paid to refresh it. Ok, so new question. Can we still refresh them?

Comment

• Spelling Bee
            Spelling Bee commented
            Editing a comment
            Nestof3 Beeline never intended for that to be possible, and so they had to fix it quite some time ago.

• Morning Sky
            Morning Sky commented
            Editing a comment
            I just tried it and clicked a SB bush in a neighbours village. It is no longer possible to pay for nothing!

Really? So I paid but she never got them? Gosh I could’ve sworn she did and then we weren’t able to anymore.

Comment

• Spelling Bee
            Spelling Bee commented
            Editing a comment
            Nestof3 No, she wouldn't have been able to. The sever connections back then were very limited. You were only capable of watering flowers, leaving a gift from a preset list of options, and tapping on Marco. The bug worked because as you visited your friend, the game loaded in the bush as though it was in your own game, which is why you were able to see the option to regrow/refill it. Once the purchase was completed, there was no way for the sever signal indicating that it was paid for to reach your friend's game. So, at that time you were essentially charged for nothing.

Oh bummer. I had such fond memories of those SB bushes. Maybe I sssumed she had gotten them. 🤣.

Okay, am I also hallucinating that I used to gift mystery eggs? 🤣

Comment

• Spelling Bee
            Spelling Bee commented
            Editing a comment
            Gifting Mystery Eggs? No, that was never possible. It was possible to gift your friends Easter Eggs in the past during some of the Spring updates.

So they were just decorative eggs that didn’t turn into something. Again my memory fails. I have no idea why I’ve been thinking about these things lately.

Comment

Working...
          X