Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What are the steps to transfer my Smurfs' Village progress from my old Android device to my new one?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What are the steps to transfer my Smurfs' Village progress from my old Android device to my new one?

hi i need to transfer my dame to a new tablet how do I do this please?

asmurf Make sure that you are updated to the most recent version of Smurfs' Village on your old Android device. Open the app, and go to the Menu and then the Settings Tab. Tap on "Saved Games".

On the next screen, you should see a Local Save button and a Cloud Save button. Tap on the Cloud Save button.

On the next page, make sure you log into your Google Play Store account in the bottom right corner. Once logged in, tap on the Save Button to save your current progress to the Google Cloud Save. You'll know it's saved successfully when it says that it was last "saved on" followed by todays' date and time.

Once you have ensured that you have a Save made to the Google Cloud, go ahead and load up the game on your new Android device. Follow the same steps as outlined above except instead of pressing the Save button, you are going to press the load button. This should load your Google Cloud Save onto your new Android device. Confirm that you want to keep it, and you should be all set.

Comment

Thank you
      I tried but my new device won't let me log into cloud save after having downloaded the app.
      It says "unknown issue with Google play services"
      what do I do now please?

Comment

Also it says I am not logged into Google play , but I think I must be as I opened the app from google play after having logged in!

Comment

• skydiver118
          skydiver118 commented
          Editing a comment
          Try to go into your settings, apps, find google play services, storage and clear cache

Ive been having issues with my phone not wanting to download and install updates until I clear the cache...some error on its behalf.

• asmurf
          asmurf commented
          Editing a comment
          Thanks I have cleared my cache but still can't load my game
          Please do you have any other suggestions?

asmurf You are welcome, and I'm sorry that you are having those issues with your Google Play account. I would go ahead and submit a ticket with Bongfish Customer Support, and it wouldn't hurt to try contacting Google Play Store Customer Support too. A quick internet search shows people having similar issues with some being able to resolve it through uninstalling Google Play Services and then letting it reinstall the updates to that. Before going down that road though, I would still suggest reaching out to Customer Support.

Comment

Thank you so much for responding so quickly.
          obviously it is a common problem.
          maybe I should just cut my losses and move onto ios.
          do people playing on Apple devices manage to save their games better I wonder??

Comment

• Evanna
            Evanna commented
            Editing a comment
            I think saving on my ipad works fine, but keep in mind that you would have to start over, because you can't transfer a game from Andoird to iOS.

• asmurf
            asmurf commented
            Editing a comment
            Have you ever managed to upload your game onto a new device?

Have you got "Play Games"????? I had to download that before I could transfer my game☺️

Comment

• asmurf
            asmurf commented
            Editing a comment
            Yes and it recognises me as well, but it doesn't seem to work

It took me a few goes but it eventually worked!!! I made sure I saved it on the old device cloud saved logged into Facebook etc, then I downloaded Smurfs on the new device and tried. It didn't work at first so that's when I made sure I had Play Games. I deleted the Smurfs app reinstalled it and tried again. When I installed the app I went straight to settings and logged into Facebook then went to cloud save and recovered the saved game. It took ages to work but it eventually did. I'm not a tech expert and usually have to ask a teenager for help. I did this on my own. Don't give up!!! There has to be someway to do it. Go to a computer or phone Shop if you get stuck someone should be able to help!!!☺️☺️☺️☺️☺️

Comment

Thanks Tamara I will keep trying, thanks for your support

Comment

• Tamara Abbott
              Tamara Abbott commented
              Editing a comment
              That's ok! Goodluck!

I found this which might be helpful as to why players are struggling to save their game and transfer it via google play

https://developers.google.com/games/...pts/savedgames

Comment

Working...
            X