Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Can someone help figure out why I'm unable to recover Smurfs' Village progress on an iOS device after deleting and reinstalling the app?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can someone help figure out why I'm unable to recover Smurfs' Village progress on an iOS device after deleting and reinstalling the app?

My friend didn't get her old village back after reinstalling app with the same Apple ID.Her user id in smurfs' village is (Removed for Privacy)
    Last edited by Spelling Bee; 09-13-2017, 08:05 AM. Reason: Removed Support ID for Privacy Concerns

Micky your friend can try playing until level 8 and then exiting and re-entering the game. It should then give them the option to choose their new game or old game. This was suggested by another forum member and has worked for myself and others.
    Last edited by AlleycatttSmurf; 09-13-2017, 08:04 AM.

Comment

• AlleycatttSmurf
      AlleycatttSmurf commented
      Editing a comment
      Also you should delete her user ID from your post. The only time that should be given out is privately to Bongfish via email or PM when they have requested it.

• Spelling Bee
      Spelling Bee commented
      Editing a comment
      Thanks AlleycatttSmurf! I took care of it for them.

AlleycatttSmurf thank you 🙂

Comment

• AlleycatttSmurf
      Editing a comment
      You're welcome☺️ I hope it works!

Micky Smurfs Village saves all of your progress and data directly to your device. It does not save anything to the Facebook servers, our Bongfish's severs. When the app is deleted from a device, all of the progress and data is also deleted. The only way to avoid losing your progress in this case, is if you have created a backup. On iOS, those backups are made through a Game Center account, on Apple's servers. In order for your friend to recover their village, they will need to have first used their Game Center account prior to deleting the app. They will also need to make sure that they are signed into their Game Center account (in iOS 10+ this can be found inside the Settings App).

As AlleycatttSmurf has already said, if there is a Game Center backup your friend should see a Game Center "Choose your village" screen. This appears when the Game Center server detects that the version saved to their servers is different than the one on the device. This screen should appear immediately, BUT it sometimes can be delayed, and could appear after level 8-12. Hopefully this info helps.

Comment

Spelling Bee Thank you🤗

Comment

Spelling Bee can you provide an update on how we transfer our game between iOS devices as when I open the game on my iPad it starts from the beginning and the saved villages do not match with what's on my iPhone.

Comment

• Spelling Bee
          Spelling Bee commented
          Editing a comment
          Hiya Burbuck! Make sure that you are signed into Game Center on the new iOS device using the same information from the old one. on iOS 10 and later, the Game Center sign in has been moved to the iOS Settings App. If you are sure you are logged into the correct Game Center account, make sure you see the "Welcome Back" notification when you open up the app on the new device. If you are seeing that, then you are definitely using the right account. Some times it takes a while for the "Choose your Village" screen to appear. Some players have reported that they've had to play up to level 8-12 before they get it to trigger.

If you never get it to appear though, there are other options available. You can make create an entire backup of your old iOS device to iTunes on a computer, or iCloud. Once you have that backup, you can then restore that backup on a new iOS device. This should technically copy over all of your saved progress and data (along with everything else from the old iOS device) to the new one. If you are still having trouble, please reach out to the Customer Support Team here: https://smurfs.zendesk.com/

• Burbuck
          Burbuck commented
          Editing a comment
          I have got my game to load on my iPad now by playing till level 8. However, how do you switch between your iPad and iPhone like you used to be able to? Now not getting the choose your village screen on my iPhone.

• AlleycatttSmurf
          Editing a comment
          Burbuck try opening and closing the app on your phone (approx 5 times) until the "what's new" screen pops up, and then it will ask you to choose a Village and you can choose the the one that has your iPad progress on it.
      Working...
      X