Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

[NI] Previewing Recovery Points in Smurfs' Village iOS version 1.5.2 causes the app to crash

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [NI] Previewing Recovery Points in Smurfs' Village iOS version 1.5.2 causes the app to crash

Not sure if I'm the only one but trying to preview any recovery point causes crashing. All recovery points are visible but can't select any to preview. Anyone else having this problem? (Not a big deal right now but if this is a bug they should fix it in case your village gets corrupted).

And don't know if this is related but after crashing on preview I lost my lifetime VIP.

There is definitely something nasty going on with previewing recovery points. I can preview a previous day's save OK, but when I went back to my current village I got the "Gargamel scene". (ie- starting at level one !?!). Yikes!! I instantly closed the app, rebooted and reopened SV via GC, and all was good. But that was scary.
    I hope you get your VIP back soon, Tapasz

Comment

I have experienced crashes before with previewing recovery points, but nothing too bad...that is, I still manage to preview recovery points after a crash or two. Didn't lose my (non lifetime) VIP status though.

Like Caro, I have also experienced the "Gargamel scene" after closing (and not restoring any of the old villages) but again, not all the time. As Caro did, I just quickly closed the app, and rebooted it through GC, and all is good.

Hope your problem gets sorted and your VIP status reinstated soon, Tapasz

Comment

Thank you both, VIP has returned again! Still leaves the crashing on preview though. And now you both mention the gargamel scene...it reminds me when I was helping out Jurander they also got the gargamel scene after preview....could solve it all luckily but this isn't right! (And scary!!)

Comment

Thanks for the info guys, I'll pass it along.

Comment

Oh, i thought i was the only one and have made something wrong, but i've experienced the same with the recovery two weeks ago!

I want to know if something was wrong with my village and made a backup on my iphone before, then i started the ipad village and try to find out if the day before recovery shows up sth other than the actual! After checking (gladfully all seemed to be ok) i decided not to use the recovery and directly after that gargamel shows up and the game started at level one! I did the same as the others and rebooted with GC! Everything was fine after that!

so thank you tapasz for this thread! And thank you Ms. Bee that you'll tell it at the studio!

Comment

• LightofFire
              LightofFire commented
              Editing a comment
              Oh forgot to mention, i had no crashes while doing that...

Silly me off course had to test this also. I could open the recovery points and when I tried to leave and pressed no, I got the update screen with the new items of the update, followed by the same Gargamel scare as Caro did. Off course I closed the app right away and restarted the app. It opened normally but did bring back the capibara baby offer, I got about 3 hrs ago. It definitely looks like there is something strange in the recovery points

Comment

Has this problem been addressed already? I'm trying to help out a friend who can't open her village anymore but due to the inability to preview villages it isn't possible. This really is a major problem! As soon as your GC data is corrupt there's no way to get your village back besides a valid backup. As most people have iCloud backup set automatically you're doomed because the corrupt data is on there already.

Comment

If you use GC, you can open the recovery points: restart the game. Now you will be in Level 1 and in Level 1 you can open the recovery point. After that you get your high level back because it is online in the GC. Don't know why, but it works.

Comment

• Morning Sky
                  Morning Sky commented
                  Editing a comment
                  In Level 1 you can open all recovery points!

• Tapasz
                  Tapasz commented
                  Editing a comment
                  And can you actually choose them without being thrown back to gargamel like others mentioned? This would be great! I knew about the work around through restart but never tried it myself. Thanks for letting me know!

• Morning Sky
                  Morning Sky commented
                  Editing a comment
                  To be at the safe side, it will be the best to play the village on a second device first. In the case, you do not recover your village it can happen, that the high level will no longer be online and you must bring it online again with the second device. But it is your Intention to recover the village to an older recovery point. If you do that, you don't need the online score.

It started when I placed an item at the bottom of the screen on my mom's ipad. Once I placed it, I couldn't move it back. The reason being that the footprint was below the screen area. So I went to look at an earlier restore date, by tapping papa smurf several times until the restore option appeared. I tapped the topmost date and it showed me that screen. I clicked the arrow on the bottom right, and it asked me if I wanted to keep that restore point and I declined. So what happened? It took me all the way back to level 14!!! She was on level 67!!! I FREAKED!!! All that work she put into it!!! So I went back and clicked on the topmost date, and this time I said "YES! YES! PLEASE restore it!" And when I started up smurfs, everything was backward (except the circus caravan that was finally legible). I FREAKED again! The ocean was on the right hand side of the screen. It looked so weird!! I quickly closed and reopened the app and everything was normal (except the caravan spelled backwards, which I was happy to see). I had some withered crops and lost some circus tickets, but I think everything is ok. Lucy! I have some 'splainin to do tomorrow mornin' when mama opens her ipad!! Just wanted to warn others about looking at other restore points if you aren't serious about setting it at an earlier date. You might lose quite a bit, even if you are just checking it out.

Comment

This problem is similar to this one: http://forums.beeline-i.com/forum/ma...e-app-to-crash

i'm wondering if the problems with the recovery points aren't fixed?

Comment

DEFINATELY not. Now, this was with my Mom's IPAD. I still have difficulty Previewing earlier restore points on my iPHONE 5. It doesn't show anything when I click on it. But after my experience on the iPad, I'd rather be prohibited from viewing, altogether. Sheesh. I'd venture to guess the cloud has something to do with it. You have some stored on the cloud (not ours though), and some stored on our devices. Then we are playing through Facebook AND game center, adding to the confusion. It's like our device doesn't know where to store the info and where to retrieve it when it needs an earlier restore. This morning, Mom got a message asking which version to keep; level 14 or level 67. Thankfully, I had already confessed and explained the ordeal. It's a mess. I'm afraid to even touch papa Smurf's head, any more.

Comment

I cannot understand why the problems couldn't be fixed... I make sure everytime first syncing my phone to my newest ipad version of the game before checking recovery points! Sometimes it will bash me to level 1!!! With the gargamel screen first... It's scaring!!

Comment

Vicky I'm sorry that you are having some issues with your recovery points, but it seems you are also really confused as to just exactly how the game does backups. The hidden recovery points you can access from within the game are created daily and saved locally on that one device. There are no server backups of those recovery points, and they are not tied to Beeline, Game Center, or Facebook servers.

In addition to the recovery points saved direct to the device, Beeline has enabled the app to be able to be synced with Game Center. This causes a saved image of your village to be kept on Apple's Game Center servers. When working correctly, the Game Center backup is updated constantly every time you make a change in your village. So, say for example you play offline or choose a recovery point from the menu and then log back into Game Center, a message will pop up telling you that the villages are different. It will ask you which one you want to choose, the one on the server, or the one on the device. If you choose the device, it will overwrite the Game Center save on the server with the save from your device.

As for Facebook, there is absolutely no backup of any sort made through Facebook's severs. The only integration with Facebook is the friend list.

Lastly, you can also make up backups of your device to iTunes or to iCloud. These offer additional added protection in the event something goes wrong with your local save on the device, and or Game Center.

Comment

• Vicky
                          Vicky commented
                          Editing a comment
                          Thank you for clearing that up for me.

Recovery still crashes for me. I really hope this will be fixed soon.

Comment

Working...
                        X