Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

[iOS+Android] Glow Smurfs' Weed Whacking Mini-Game has no longer gives more than 20 Weeds after doing the Grove Land Expansion in version 1.53.0

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [iOS+Android] Glow Smurfs' Weed Whacking Mini-Game has no longer gives more than 20 Weeds after doing the Grove Land Expansion in version 1.53.0

Since the land expansion in the grove was completed, the number of weeds has been reduced to exactly 20. The game is again not winable.

Hi Morning Sky,
    I just checked, and you are right, the number of weeds is 20.
    But, I don't understand. Why do you say that the game is "not winable " with 20 weeds? Does it depend on what size device you are playing on?
    (I am able to find all 20 weeds with 15secs spare, but I am playing on an iPad Pro. Does that make a difference?)

Comment

It makes a huge difference.
      On smaller screens you have to zoom in to not only see the items better but also to make the tap target large enough to be activated by anything less than 5+ taps.
      All these village event games are very hard to complete on my iPod screen. The closer you have to zoom in the more you have to scroll around, and add to that quirks in zooming (like my iPod randomly going to the far side whether I want it to or not) and then there's also (on iOS anyway) the issues with you getting too close to the bottom or top of the screen and pulling down the notification pane or the dock, which locks up the game for a few seconds.

I have yet to get all my ghost prizes on my iPod because I only win the game once or twice a day. The ghosts are too tiny and hard to see zoomed out, I run out of time scrolling.

Comment

I think people on smaller screens like Skydiver or people with extremely packed villages like Morning Sky have a hard time with this game. If you play on a larger screen and your village isn't as full, 20 weeds are enough. If all are clickable that is; sometimes there still pops one up that just doesn't disappear no matter what you do, but that's a different story.

Comment

For android it's the same!

Comment

I had just been able to click on 17 weeds and then searched the whole area several times and found only one. I suspect that the weeds in the new area are not displayed, because there is never a weed in the free new area.

Comment

I wasn’t aware that there ever was more than twenty weeds in that game.......?

I just played several times on my phone and iPad testing this out and there was definitely twenty weeds every time I played. It’s easier on my iPad since it’s a bigger screen, but I can still win on my phone.

The weeds do not seem to appear in the new expansion area. But all that really does is make the game easier to play because you can ignore that section.

Edit: I do think it would be best for everyone on all types of devices if Bongfish could make this game like Enamoured and Little Ghost’s games with more than twenty weeds
              Last edited by AlleycatttSmurf; 11-12-2017, 09:03 PM.

Comment

• Morning Sky
                Morning Sky commented
                Editing a comment
                Bongfish had already changed that and increased the number of weeds, but since the land extension it is only 20 again.

• AlleycatttSmurf
                AlleycatttSmurf commented
                Editing a comment
                I found it! They added more than twenty in the fantasy Update 1.51 !! I hadn’t been playing that game in the last little while so I didn’t remember/notice.
                Hopefully they will change it back!
                Last edited by AlleycatttSmurf; 11-13-2017, 01:43 AM.

Hi everyone. I'll see if I can find out if this was an intentional change or an oversight after the recent expansion that just needs to be fixed again.

Comment

• Morning Sky
                Morning Sky commented
                Editing a comment
                Thank you, Spelling Bee.
                It must have happened unintentionally, because before I did the land expansion everything was fine in version 1.53.0.

So this is really weird. Yesterday I played the Weed Whacking game 10+ times testing this out. Every single time I played I got EXACTLY twenty weeds.

Today I just played five times in a row and had more than twenty weeds visible each time.

It’s obviously that bug that happened in the last Grove expansion where weeds in the newly expanded area don’t show up. But what an incredibly weird coincidence that the first 10+ times I got exactly twenty weeds and now every time I play I get more than that!!

Comment

I'm fairly confident that this is the case of the hidden weeds in the expansion area just like the last time we had a grove expansion...the missing quantity is in the expanded area but we can't see them. I have had anywhere from 18 to 22 visible weeds since the expansion took effect.

Comment

• AlleycatttSmurf
                  Editing a comment
                  Yes that’s exactly what I was saying. I was just also pointing out how incredibly strange/coincidental my odds were with the number of weeds appearing.

• ChristalWest
                  ChristalWest commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Agree that you are correct in your post...I was responding to some of the above and noting that this continues to occur whenever the grove expansions are completed.

• AlleycatttSmurf
                  Editing a comment
                  Thanks Christal, I wasn’t sure if what I was saying was making sense to others since I was also talking about my crazy coincidence with the mini game😅
              Working...
              X