Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

[Android] Game Master icons have permanently disappeared after Reporter's Gift was placed directly into the MB Reward Storage

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [Android] Game Master icons have permanently disappeared after Reporter's Gift was placed directly into the MB Reward Storage

My game on my kindle automatically updated to the new Halloween version. I was happily collecting from Reporter every day, waiting excitedly to get my first present. This morning I collected the present. The message said the gift was in Game Master's box. The only problem is, Game Master's icon, and his box, are no longer on my screen! I have closed the game, shut down the kindle, restarted the kindle, gotten back in the game, traveled to the mountain, island, and back, etc. No Game Master icon and no box. No gift. No whatever I had in the box already. Which was a lot.

Oh, yeah, and I have no idea how to find the screen that used to be there at the start of the game. The one where one could tap on Papa Smurf 16 times and get back the last saved game.

What the heck? How many times do I have to go through this kind of nonsense? It is past time for me to delete this game from my kindle and stop wasting my time on it!

Sorry to hear this Eva. Must be super frustrating! Game master has disappeared for me on occasion too. I just closed my game, cleared the app tray & rebooted my device, and it came back when I reopened my game. I play on iOS though. I'm not sure what a similar process would be for Kindle.

Good luck! I hope it returns for you.

Comment

• Caro
      Caro commented
      Editing a comment
      P.S.
      The old 'papas head restore', is now under "settings" -> "load autosave"

Originally posted by Evabevasmurf View Post
    My game on my kindle automatically updated to the new Halloween version. I was happily collecting from Reporter every day, waiting excitedly to get my first present. This morning I collected the present. The message said the gift was in Game Master's box. The only problem is, Game Master's icon, and his box, are no longer on my screen! I have closed the game, shut down the kindle, restarted the kindle, gotten back in the game, traveled to the mountain, island, and back, etc. No Game Master icon and no box. No gift. No whatever I had in the box already. Which was a lot.
    Evabevasmurf Thanks for posting that you are having this issue. Obviously, this shouldn't have happened and I've already passed your report onto the Development Teams so that they can look into it. As Caro mentioned, there is a known glitch that can sometimes occur where the Game Master Icons disappear, but that's usually only temporary and can be resolved by closing the app and restarting your device.

Oh, yeah, and I have no idea how to find the screen that used to be there at the start of the game. The one where one could tap on Papa Smurf 16 times and get back the last saved game.
    As Caro also mentioned, the Recovery Tool is no longer hidden and can be found under the "Load Autosave" Button.

What the heck? How many times do I have to go through this kind of nonsense? It is past time for me to delete this game from my kindle and stop wasting my time on it!
    I can understand the frustration, but this particular update was HUGE in terms of behind the scenes changes and features and additions. Despite their good intentions and lengthy Q&A testing, there is no possible way to prevent a few things from possibly slipping through. Compared to where Smurfs' Village was before Flashman & Bongfish took over to where it is now, I think they've been pretty consistent in terms of improving things and not making them worse.

Comment

Working...
    X