Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

[Android] Google Cloud Backup is not working correctly in versions 1.35.0 - 1.46.0

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I am having a huge problem with my game. Every time I try to go from the main village to the planet or island or grove, my game crashes and I end up back on the home screen of my tablet. My tablet is fairly old so I was wondering if that could be part of the issue. It is a Samsung Galaxy Tab 3 10" (I have probably had it for at least 3 years, if not a little more)

I was going to try to remove everything from the tablet and do a factory reset on it and then try to reload the game from my google cloud account. However I went in to make sure that my current saved game is the latest, and it's not. My game has not auto saved since 8/28/16 @ 20:26:55 when I try to do a manual save by clicking save to cloud it tells me there is a problem and could not be saved. I get this message every time I exit the game, but it usually saves anyway.

My next question would be how would I go about loading my saved game either to a clean version of this tablet or a newer better tablet?
    Thanks in advance

Comment

I have an Problem with my Cloud. I am logged in, but when I try to download my saved Game, it tells me it has an problem and I should wait a minute and try again. After trying twice to download my Game, I am being thrown out totally. It seems that my Village has changed to an earlier village of mine. Why can't I enter into my Cloud since I downloaded the latest from Google Play?

Comment

I haven't been able to cloud save since July and I'm so terrified I'm going to lose my game and have that as my last restore point. I log into the game through the Game Centre and seems to make no difference.

Comment

Originally posted by SWAKayser View Post
          I have an Problem with my Cloud. I am logged in, but when I try to download my saved Game, it tells me it has an problem and I should wait a minute and try again. After trying twice to download my Game, I am being thrown out totally. It seems that my Village has changed to an earlier village of mine. Why can't I enter into my Cloud since I downloaded the latest from Google Play?
          Is their ANYBODY who can help us with this CLOUD issue? Or just give us some FEEDBACK regarding our issue! I am running on a older saved Game and will NOT play the Game further, till I can find my current Game! PLEASE help us!

Comment

• Vaso petrou
            Vaso petrou commented
            Editing a comment
            I have the same problem.there's no solution in my problem....

Hi Swak. You said that you somehow are playing an older version of your village? Did you try to go into the Hidden Recovery Menu and check the restore points and see if you find that newer version there?

The Development team is aware of the issues with the Google Cloud Backup. Sadly until they figure out what's going on, there really isn't anything myself or other community members can do to help.

Comment

• SWAKayser
            SWAKayser commented
            Editing a comment
            Hi S/Bee. I was not aware of any 'Recovery Menu". I am trying to recover my Village from my Cloud! Where can I find this Recovery Menu and the Restore points?
            I love this Game and because my old Village has taken over, I am little bit frustrated. I apologise for being so 'short'.

• Spelling Bee
            Spelling Bee commented
            Editing a comment
            Hi Swak. No worries, it's completely understandable.

At the Main Menu where you tap play, tap on options instead. Find Papa Smurf's Head next to the "Restart Game" button and then tap ONLY on his head 16 times, or until you see the "Legal / Support" button change into a "Recover Village" button. Tap on the Recover Village button and a list of restore points should appear. Please note that the game automatically sets those restore points once every 24 hours.

You can then preview those restore points and choose to recover from that point or not. Hopefully you'll find a point there that has your higher level village.

• SWAKayser
            SWAKayser commented
            Editing a comment
            THanks S/Bee...it worked 100% THANK YOU THANK YOU...this is all I wanted !!!!!!!!

Same problem here can't save/load from cloud

Comment

Hi the game dos not restart from the cloud service. Ik have a new phone and i cannot use the cloud Please help me. . Kind regres.

Comment

Hi everybody,

I am a rather new player of SV, and registered on this forum because of a problem with the cloud save. I play with SV android version 1.7.8a.

I currently have a rather old device: Acer Liquid E1 / V360 (1 GB RAM, 4 GB internal memory, 1 GHz dual-core processor) Android 4.1.1. In the near future, I am planning to switch to a new smartphone which would be the Motorola Moto E second edition 2015 (1 GB RAM, 8 GB internal memory, 1.2 GHz quad-core processor, Android 5.0). Because of this switch, the cloud save is very important to me and sincerely hope the solution will soon be found.

I am both unable to load the cloud save, and to save to the cloud save. I installed SV on my sister’s mobile (LG G4, Android 6.0), on which I did succeed to load the cloud save. However, I entered my game at level 27 whereas I am currently playing in level 41. I presume my level 27 was saved shortly before I updated on my own device from SV version 1.7.4a to 1.7.6a.

I was wondering whether a possible solution could be to do a hidden recovery on a SD card, which would enable me to transfer my village to a new device without using the cloud save. Does anyone know if this would be a possibility? And if so, how that could be done? Or is there any other idea how to transfer my village to a new device?

Sorry to say that I am a real smartphone dummy, so I would really appreciate it if I could be offered a step-by-step approach that could be understood by lay people

Thanks a lot!

Comment

• chickadee2013
                chickadee2013 commented
                Editing a comment
                Hi Smurfratje. I was browsing and noticed your question. It's been a while but did you get an answer? I'm not an Android user so I suggest you copy your post to the questions thread. Spelling Bee must have missed this post but I think you will get an answer quickly if you post on the question thread.

• Smurfratje
                Smurfratje commented
                Editing a comment
                Hi Chickadee2013,
                Thanks a lot for responding to my topic :-D. Actually, Spelling Bee read my initial post which contained a lot of different questions, and split it up into different question topics.
                In fact, the problem above is not really relevant to me anymore, since I meanwhile have my new phone, and I did restart in level 27 (a cloud save made before the problems with Google Cloud Backup started). This also solved some of my other problems.
                Thanks again for your suggestion

New Update, any news about Google Cloud Saving?

Comment

• chocolatefruitnut
                chocolatefruitnut commented
                Editing a comment
                no updates at all. still getting the same problem

Originally posted by Bluelephant View Post
              I am having a huge problem with my game. Every time I try to go from the main village to the planet or island or grove, my game crashes and I end up back on the home screen of my tablet. My tablet is fairly old so I was wondering if that could be part of the issue. It is a Samsung Galaxy Tab 3 10" (I have probably had it for at least 3 years, if not a little more)

I was going to try to remove everything from the tablet and do a factory reset on it and then try to reload the game from my google cloud account. However I went in to make sure that my current saved game is the latest, and it's not. My game has not auto saved since 8/28/16 @ 20:26:55 when I try to do a manual save by clicking save to cloud it tells me there is a problem and could not be saved. I get this message every time I exit the game, but it usually saves anyway.

My next question would be how would I go about loading my saved game either to a clean version of this tablet or a newer better tablet?
              Thanks in advance
              What android version are you using as minimum requirement is android 4.1. How much internal RAM (not storage) does your device have. The older the device the more likely issues will occur

Comment

I had a proper cloud save and recover option until halloween update.Now my cloud recovery takes 15 minutes and doesn't always work....

Comment

I'm more than a little frustrated with cloud backup still not working.

My game ate itself tonight and reset to Level 1 from Level 90. I had to load two different hidden backups before the game restored properly. Without the Cloud backup, at some point I fully expect my game to fail beyond recovery.

Comment

I suggest that all android players check that their cloud saves are working. I thought mine was until I mistakenly touched load cloud save instead of save to cloud. When I got to the recovery page it showed that my village had not been saved since July, even though the save page indicated I had saved that day. I manually use cloud save every day. My sister checked her game and the same thing for her.

Comment

Hello,
                      Today i had try to eliminate the second save game that i have on cloud ( this game had appear last year when i had moved my game form tablet to mobile phone Cat B15q and i was leve 3x. and the save had advance time to time ). Since some updates i am unable to make a cloud save.
                      Today i had installed BlueStacks log in to my google cloud and i was able to make a save or load a game but i wasn't able to delete the second save.
                      When i had try to make a save on my phone i had received a error.
                      Can someone help me, my save is lvl 59 and i am 63 now.

Regards!

Comment

• Spelling Bee
                        Spelling Bee commented
                        Editing a comment
                        This has been an ongoing issue Adrea. We are just going to have to wait for Beeline to fix the Google Cloud Backup. Additionally, Bluestacks and other emulation software are not an officially supported way to play the game. Because of this, discussion about such software is not allowed in this community.

I don't know if it's related to your issue or not, but there has been a weeks old bug going around (since the middle of October) where people experienced crashes, resetting, going back in levels or groundhog's day in their village (where the game would progress but only until it restarted then they'd live the day over again).

There is an update and fix in teh works and under review by both Apple and Google Play, so right now I'd just hold on and wait for that. Install that and see if it fixes the issue or if you need to open a ticket and ask the company for help.

Comment

Working...
                      X