Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Please share your experience and information to help us tackle this crashing while Gifting Bug!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Please share your experience and information to help us tackle this crashing while Gifting Bug!

Hi folks,

We need your help tackling this gifting bug. If you’re having a problem with gifting, please share your experience along with the following information.
    • Device (specify the generation of the device)
    • OS version
    • Game version
    • Level
    • Frequency of crash (is it every attempt to gift?)
    • Does this happen when gifting certain friends or is wide-spread?
    Many thanks,

Worker Bee

Hi Worker Bee, not sure if my last post triggered this topic, timing is everything, haha! You can read lots of experiences in this thread: http://forums.beeline-i.com/forum/ma...iend-s-village

including pictures, testing between villages and other specifications.

Short summary on experiences: it's not device related, it's not location related, it's not time related. It almost seems if there's a hickup in a part of the server on which some villages are located.

Comment

Device (specify the generation of the device)> iPad Air, iPad2 and iPhone 4S (if I can't enter a village it's on all devices, if I can also on all devices. Tested minutes apart)
      OS version> most recent
      Game version>most recent
      Level>max level
      Frequency of crash (is it every attempt to gift?)>on specific villages every day, all the time. On some only first time.
      Does this happen when gifting certain friends or is wide-spread?> only on certain friends but wide spread.

Comment

• Pixlax
        Pixlax commented
        Editing a comment
        I crash on Tapasz village but it's not all the time.

• Ninga
        Ninga commented
        Editing a comment
        I always crash on Tapasz on first try, but can get in on second try if I try immediately after the crash.

• Kelly Hoon
        Kelly Hoon commented
        Editing a comment
        I played on iPad2, version 6.0.1, level 68, on latest game version. Before update to 1.5.4, I can usually enter Tapasz on 1st attempt but crash on 1st attempt 90% of the time but no problem with 2nd attempt.

Sorry 40 smurfy friends

Comment

This forum is very glitchy I lost my comment. Please bear with me. Device: IPad Air; Ipad 2. IOS Version: most recent. Game Version: most recent. Level 65. Frequency of Crashes: I have 40 smurfy friends, 4 of them have crashed on me off and on. Before the recent update I had never crashed at a village, I would make multiple attempts on a few villages but always got in. Now I crash, one in particular crashes one day and gives me no difficulty the next. The 4 that in crash on are above level 65. This is not a widespread problem for me it is the same 4 that I have problems with. Please let me know if you need a list of the villages worker Bee.

Comment

• Pixlax
          Pixlax commented
          Editing a comment
          I have the same villages crashing as Tzr1877, except Trevor, not a neighbor.

• Tapasz
          Tapasz commented
          Editing a comment
          Simply can't reach Pixlax' village. Always crash out. Have been trying from different devices on different times on wifi and cellular.

• michel.springer
          michel.springer commented
          Editing a comment
          I can still visit pixlax

Ipad mini retina and iphone 4s
        iOS 7
        most recent game version
        Level 60
        i have some friends (up to lvl 60) that i couldn't reach every time i try and some crashers at first or second attempt!
        For me it's wide spread, since i reached level 60 my friends report crashes of my village as well! As far as i know before none of them had problems reaching me! I have 95 friends, i couldn't reach about 10 of them! Crashes are every day, about 20-30 daily for first attempt!

Comment

• happybird
          happybird commented
          Editing a comment
          Sunny's village always crashes on the first attempt, but I can get in on the second try.

• Pixlax
          Pixlax commented
          Editing a comment
          I can always reach Sunny on first attempt.

iPad 3 OS latest Game version. Latest Level 70 I crash every time I gift, on the same 5 friend's games.....Tapasz being one of them. 😁

Comment

• Caro
          Caro commented
          Editing a comment
          You are in my 'Yellow' group, Ninga...crashing about 50% of the time.

• Tapasz
          Tapasz commented
          Editing a comment
          Ninga, could you comment on my post about the crashing? It's easier to collect data that way. They can scan this thread and see which village cause the most troubles.

Your village always crashes on first attempt. Can always enter on second try.

iPad 2, iOS 7.1.1, game version 1.5.4.1, level 61.

I have 21 friends and experience crashing on the same 4 but I always get in on the second attempt. Three of the four are level 72-73. Crash on 2 or 3 of them every day but the crashing seems to rotate among the four (Tapasz, Smurfy Bear, Erin, Trevor) ... I never crash on all four of them at the same time. My gifting times are variable and I've never seen any correlation btw crashing and time of day.

Comment

• Tapasz
          Tapasz commented
          Editing a comment
          Until blacksmiths update I couldn't enter this village about 3-4 days a week. (Different days) Since last update no problems at all.

• happybird
          happybird commented
          Editing a comment
          Tzr is another one of my crashers on the first attempt. Can get in on the second try. Tzr and Tapasz are listed right next to each other, so that is a particularly fun spot in my rounds, lol! 😑

iPad mini (original one), iPad 2, and iPhone 4S. The same villages crash no matter the device I'm playing on.

My iPad mini is my main device, and it is currently version 7.0.6. But the crashing remains the same no matter what iOS version I am on, and how quickly I update or not.

Game version 1.5.4.1 (obviously....or I wouldn't be able to exchange gifts....we all have to be the same game update).

I am level 72.

I have 43 villages I am currently gifting.
        15 of those I generally don't crash on. (My green group). These are all different village sizes and levels. A few are level 73. The crashing is not game level related. This group takes me approx 15 mins to gift.

The remaining 28 are my 'crashing' villages....in varying degrees. This group takes me over an hour to gift, and sometimes I can't get to some of them at all. Within this crashing group, they are divided into 2 subgroups: (yellow & red).

Yellow crashers.....This is about 18 villages. I crash about 30-70% of the time on these villages. If they crash, I try one or two more times and can generally get in to leave a gift eventually.

Red crashers.....This group is about 10 villages. I crash 90-100% of the time with this group. They range again in village sizes & levels. I give this group up to 3 tries each, and if I can't get in then, I give up.

One weird thing is if I try anyone from the Yellow or Red group early in my gifting round, I will crash with 100% certainty. But If I try them later on the list, I have a chance of getting in. So I gift from A to Z through the green group first. Then I go A - Z through the Yellow group, generally starting to crash after one or two. Once I have crashed once or twice, gifting through the rest of the Yellow group tends to go a bit smoother, with the crashing rate down to about 30%. Then I start the Red group, with often bad results. But...if I have crashed a lot in the yellow group, gifting goes a bit easier through the red group. It is weird. It is like I have to crash out at least 8 or 9 times before I can access anyone in the red group. Some days I can eventually gift everyone on my list...some days I miss out on 8 or 9 friends. It does not seem to be time of day related, or where my friends live around the world.

Another thing...these groups are not set. They vary over a few months. Some villages stay consistently in a group (green, yellow or red), some float for a few months into a different group. For example, about 6 months ago Tapasz and CVB were among my worst in the red group, now I never crash on them and they are safely in the green group. About a month ago, a few of my super safe green groupers moved up into Yellow all in a big group. Some in my red group have been red since the crashing began

Comment

• Tapasz
          Tapasz commented
          Editing a comment
          Regarding your last comment about the 6 months timeframe...cvb joked about that a while ago. Her village was inaccessable for a lot of people and after 6 months she was "cleared". I told her my village should be cleared anytime now as it started crashing half a year ago for most. While I always had one of the easiest village to reach. And guess what...since a week almost all of my friends can get in again!!

A few months ago I couldn't reach you at all. Again, no matter what device, time or wifi/cellular. When you recovered your game after the corruption issues it varies. Can't reach you 2-3 times a week. Your village is taking a lot of time to load, the circle keeps on spinning. I can either reach you on first attempt or not at all.

• happybird
          happybird commented
          Editing a comment
          Caro used to be a first attempt crasher, but since about a month (maybe 2 months?) ago, I have not had any problems. Don't know why it changed, but glad it did (and I forgot to put this in my report).

• CvB023
          CvB023 commented
          Editing a comment
          Caro's village is reachable in general in the first try, crash about 1-2 times a week on her village. Like Happy mentions, this was far worse a couple of monhs ago. So somehow Caro's village moved into my "green" zone (nice term Caro)

Device (specify the generation of the device) - Ipod Touch 4
        OS version - Latest
        Game version - Latest
        Level - 63
        Frequency of crash (is it every attempt to gift?) - 1st attempt (almost every time) and only on the same 1 of my 12 friends (limited due to time restraints)
        Does this happen when gifting certain friends or is wide-spread? - as above - I only seem to crash out on just 1 of my 12 friends

Comment

• LightofFire
          LightofFire commented
          Editing a comment
          On 4 of 7 tries i crash on first attempt at markus village! Most of the time i could enter at second attempt!

Device: iPad 3
        Game version: 1.5.4
        Level: 56, at 98%

Frequency and 'Problem' Villages: Crashing happens every single day. There are about 10 villages out of my list of 30 that will crash on the first attempt to enter, but I can enter them on the second attempt. So far, I can eventually reach all my friends. It is always the same villages that crash each day, but once in a while, I will be able to enter one of the 'problem' villages on the first attempt. These occasional easy entries seem to be random, or I cannot see any different conditions or patterns connected to them.
        It started out with only one village crashing and over time, more and more joined the list. Many of the forum members have reported having issues with the same villages. A year or so ago, crashing was so bad, I stopped gifting entirely. It was fixed and everything was great for a few months. Then, the crashes slowly started to creep back into my rounds. I have gifted at different times of day and did not notice a difference in the crashing. (Last week, I was having a different gifting issue, but the bug fix update seems to have fixed that problem. I think that one was a loading issue.)
        If it would be helpful, I can PM you a list of the villages that crash on me.
        I almost forgot: the crash log on my ipad always gives this as the error:
        EXC_BAD_ACCESS (SIGSEGV)
        KERN_INVALID_ADDRESS at 0X00000050
        Triggered by thread 0

Comment

• Caro
          Caro commented
          Editing a comment
          I have no problem with Happybirds village

• LightofFire
          LightofFire commented
          Editing a comment
          Happybirds village let me in every try at first attempt! No problems!

• happybird
          happybird commented
          Editing a comment
          I have noticed something new since the bug fix update. Smurfybear and Erin have not crashed for three days in a row. I wasn't sure if it was just the fluke non-crashing going on, but three consecutive days of not crashing puts that idea away. They are in positions 1 and 2 on my friends list. Both villages take longer than normal to load, but they seem to have moved off the Always Crashes Every Time list.
          Last edited by happybird; 05-18-2014, 11:56 PM.

Device : iphone 5 OS version : 7.1.1 Game version : 1.5.4.1 Level : 73 Frequency of crash : 4-6 crashes daily Does this happen when gifting certain friends or is wide-spread? : 4 daily crashers (but can always reach them on the second attempt) + 0-2 random crashers, out of a total 31 friends. Crashing always happens to the same group of friends (though I stop crashing on 1 village when I added a new friend, the new friend took over the crashing slot and now I'm crashing on the new friend daily). Crashing happens whether I'm on a gifting run or just plain visiting.

Comment

• LightofFire
          LightofFire commented
          Editing a comment
          Since we become friends i hadn't problems until the flying smurf update! And then smurfy starts to begin crashing every time i try! Sometimes i can't get in however how often i try! Since the last bug fix update most of the time i could enter at second attempt!

• CvB023
          CvB023 commented
          Editing a comment
          Interesting that Tapasz mentions her problem villages are at the end of her list. My are more in the beginning and the middle. My end villages are okay in general. However re-shuffeling my list does not help

• Tapasz
          Tapasz commented
          Editing a comment
          I switched to alphabetical order for this, in order to compare. I never gift from A-Z though. So my crahsers are also in the beginning and middle during my rounds. Shuffeling doesn't influence it. I (temporary) banished a friend in order to relocate the rest but crashing remains. Probably because the villages are still located on the same server spot.

Thanks for this topic Worker Bee. There's a lot of info on this already which Tapasz collected but it's good to revisit it and look at what's happened recently. I will be starring my gifting shortly and will give an update on here in the morning. I've been writing down exact gift times so I can move gifting earlier in the evening and close gaps. The gaps occur when I crash and it can take an hour or even hour and a half to load the neighbourhood list. That's the real problem. Last night the only village I couldn't reach was Martin's and I've been crashing on it during today.

Comment

Thanks worker bee. 1st village: iPhone 4s. Latest ios software. Level 61. Have about 30 friends. Crashing at Martinhall (can get to his village at random times when I try, only occasionally) and I have a handful of first attempt crashes: Janeen, jessicas1414, lilpsuedo, MrsMadMoose, and now robinwood too. I can usually get into these villages after a second attempt. 2nd village: ipad2, ios version 7.0.6. Level 62. I have about 30 current friends. Crashing at gf3, Hazli, smudgeyrobert, and Tapasz. I have a couple who are friends on both device villages. Martin, I cannot flat out reach and crashing 99% of the time. Tapasz is only crashing on my ipad village- I can get in on phone no problem. Smudgeyrobert is only crashing on my iPAD village. Jessica's village crashes on both but I can usually get in on a second or third attempt. Robinwood only crashes on the phone too. No rhyme or reason.

Comment

• Kelly Hoon
            Kelly Hoon commented
            Editing a comment
            I played on iPad2, version 6.0.1, level 68, on latest game version. Before update to 1.5.4, I can enter Md_mommy & SSY without crashing. Now, I ocasionally crash on SSY but no problem with md_mommy.

Ipad 4,(retina) Ios 7.1.1 Game version 1.5.4.1 Happens a lot, wide spread

Comment

Working...
          X