Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Sneak Peek at the content of the Smurfs‘ Village iOS and Android version 1.55.0 Christmas Update

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sneak Peek at the content of the Smurfs‘ Village iOS and Android version 1.55.0 Christmas Update

Ho Ho Ho Smurfs'Villagers!!

Smurf bells ring, are you smurfin? It’s the smurfiest time of the year! Your Flashman and Bongfish elves have been working in their Christmas Factory to bring you lots of goodies that’ll have you grinning from ear to ear! There’s a wonder for building, and prizes for winning. VIP Items and pathway delights that’ll take your limits to new heights! We’ve got costumes from cartoons long ago, and premium items that look right at home in the snow! So, be of good cheer and enjoy the smurfiest update of the year!

Note: Have fun with our guessing games, but don't forget to use the Spoiler tag: Spoiler and /spoiler with [before and] after each guess! To practice learning how to use the Spoiler Tags, you can check out this topic here: http://forums.bongfish.com/forum/for...s-on-the-forum

Is it a hut or is it a sleigh? It doesn’t matter either way!
    Enjoy a merry new Village Event and win 8 Exclusive Christmas prizes! But beware, there is an explosive hidden twist!

A new costume for Smurfette
    Smurfette has dressed up for the Christmas festivities!

This year’s surprise Christmas Gift
    Have you been naughty or nice? No matter what, you will still get a smurfy Christmas gift! What do you think we have prepared?

A feline but festive foe for the Mega Mystery Box!
    Who could it be? Place him into your Village, Mountain or Grove and see!

Smurfy Wonder
    This Wonder comes straight out of the smurfy Canon! Which Smurf does this festive Wonder involve? Let us know!

Premium Christmas Themed Items
    A cute white critter, a sporty sheep and more smurfy surprises!

Decorative Christmas Themed Items
    A new set of tiles, walls, winter-themed greenery and festive cake!

A special Exclusive Offer as never before!
    What the flock could it be? You’re gonna love designing your own festive… (Hihihi)

2 New VIP Christmas Items
    Can you guess what they could be? Wait… is that a Smurf wrapped up in that paper?

A Costume upgrade for your favorite evil wizard!
    Even Gargamel is getting into the festive season!
    Smurfy hint: This new costume comes straight from the smurfy Cartoons! Can you figure out which episode it’s from?

New Exclusive Offers
    There will be 3 new Winter/Christmas Themed Exclusive Offers and one Mega Mystery Box item will also be offered.

Smurfy Extras
    • New Max Level
    • Updated Reporter Smurf Rewards
    • Increased Pathway tile limit!
    • Older Exclusive Offer items added to the Mega Mystery Box!
    **Please note** Despite our best intentions, it is possible that some of the update contents may change before it is submitted. We hope you understand.

PS:
    • Watch out for upcoming announcements or ingame messages
    • Stay tuned for Spelling Bee's Coming Soon topic with your first look at the update teaser images!
    • Watch out for a special Christmas Contest and more festive Giveaways on Facebook and the Forum!
    • Our update is expected to be released next week! (Please note that this is just an estimated time and we ask for your understandings for any delay)

Thank you the pathway limit fantastic

Comment

What the flock is the matter with you

something tells me some users will be very thrilled with their flocking surprise.

Comment

• Twinkiepie
        Twinkiepie commented
        Editing a comment
        Guys, read the text again and if you rhyme it, you'll know it :P

• skydiver118
        skydiver118 commented
        Editing a comment
        Someone send Purple some valium.....or sit b ack to enjoy the bouncing with joy

• Evanna
        Evanna commented
        Editing a comment
        Twinkiepie The rhyme was a cute idea!

Ahhhhhhh the Christmas Update is one of my very favourite Updates of the year!!!🎊🎊🎄🎁☃️❄️⛄️🤶🎅🏼🎊🎊

I am way too excited to see what this update will bring😅😅😅🤩🤩🤩🤪🤪🤪🤯

Edit: I just rewatched “The Smurfs Christmas Special” and “Tis the Season to be Smurfy” to get in the spirit of things while awaiting the update. Here is a link for anyone who wants to watch them: http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x172ncq

As others have said I’m pretty sure the Wonder will be:
      Spoiler!
      Last edited by AlleycatttSmurf; 12-05-2017, 11:09 AM.

Comment

• Purple!
        Purple! commented
        Editing a comment
        This would be totally cool!

• Cupcake
        Cupcake commented
        Editing a comment
        Thank you for the link to the episodes, and I hope you are right about the wonder! [I think you are...😉]

I have been waiting for the Christmas update since Thanksgiving! All these surprises, Wow!

Comment

Yaaay finally! I love the christmas updates! 😍
        Smurfette in her angel costume looks so lovely! I wonder what her new outfit is going to be ☺️
        Could this be the wonder? It’s from „The smurfs christmas special“
        Spoiler!

A sporty sheep? Maybe one of our community members will be happy to see his/her sheep being implemented! 😊
        An increased pathway limit is definitely something a lot of players asked for! Thank you!
        Last edited by Alex Smurf; 12-05-2017, 11:37 AM.

Comment

I know is the Smurfy Wonder is...

Spoiler!

And Please add the Christmas tree without decorating in the Grove please!!! Twinkiepie

Comment

• Spelling Bee
            Spelling Bee commented
            Editing a comment
            Chilean Smurf I think It's probably too late to add The Plain Christmas Tree to the Grove this year, but I'm sure Twinkiepie and myself we'll do all we can to see if it can be added to next year's Christmas update.

• Alex Smurf
            Alex Smurf commented
            Editing a comment
            I was close but you nailed it haha ☺️ Well done!

• Chilean Smurf
            Chilean Smurf commented
            Editing a comment
            Not is the next year Now!
            Last edited by Chilean Smurf; 12-05-2017, 12:20 PM.

was there any kind of skiing sheep? Or skating sheep? some sort of winter sport. (too bad there can’t be a curling ring and the smurfs could learn the fine sport of curling)

Comment

• WeezieB
            WeezieB commented
            Editing a comment
            Looks like cross country skiing but I think we have him already. Or was he in snow shoes? Either way, he will be a super smurfy addition to our villages!

Yay!! Greedy Smurf needed some love and of course this is the perfect time of year to focus on him! It will be nice to hopefully have Reporter Smurf working again! We are so grateful for the frequent holiday contests and giveaways!! This is truly going to be the Smurfiest Christmas!!

Comment

Let me guess.
            We can finally give gifts again??
            They get rid of this crap Facebook dependency?

The best thing about this game is the friends, visiting and gifting!!!
            Play since day one, but never lost my appetite to play so much as the past 6 months.

So so long now.
            Worse then beeline absolutely.

Sorry but I stil dream sometimes.
            ​​​​​​​I guess it will be a sheep again

Comment

• AlleycatttSmurf
              AlleycatttSmurf commented
              Editing a comment
              Yikes, what a Grinch like post on a Christmas Update thread.

As Evanna has already pointed out everything that you are complaining about has absolutely nothing to do with Bongfish, so saying that they are “worse than Beeline” is not only untrue, but completely ridiculous.

Apple changed Game Center making it now impossible to add friends through it, not Bongfish. They are working on a completely new friending system on an old and complicated game, all while fixing tons of major bugs left from Beeline, and continuing to give us new and awesome content every update.

Beeline made it so you could also add friends through Facebook. Not Bongfish. And since it is the only way to add friends at the moment I don’t think if they took that function away that it would make very many people happy.

And your comment “I guess it will be a Sheep again” is also completely uncalled for. First of all the sheep are one small addition to every update, not the whole update or even the main theme. And it’s not like it a sheep OR being able to add new friends again situation.
              Last edited by AlleycatttSmurf; 12-05-2017, 11:57 AM.

• skydiver118
              skydiver118 commented
              Editing a comment
              I get the frustration about not being able to friend or gift. It was never that important to me but I know for many it’s the reason they played.
              However, as Evanna said, this was all out of bongfish’s hands. Apple pulled game center support with iOS10 (and this is not the only game affected, all of them are) and put it on individual game developers to set up theri own friending infrastructure. Which is not as easy as it sounds.
              Friending via facebook was all that was left, so it’s what some have used only because it’s the only option.

Can’t say that I like it, in fact I won’t use it because I dont’ like how Facebook operated and the liberties it takes with your info. I know that Bongfish is working on restoring friending and gifting, but it’s hard, because they are setting up two different systems - well three really, the facebook side, then an android side and an iOS side, all of which operate very differently.

IT’s a lot of work to do in addition to fixing 6 years of bugs and keeping regular updates coming out. Patience is very hard but I think tis’ what folks need in this instance. When they roll out friending they want to roll out something that works, not something they hope works.

At the end of the day we’re lucky, the game was bought and is being taken care of...when it could have very easily been dropped by Beeline and be a zombie....an abandoned ame that, if it were not updated to a 64 bit infrastructure, a game that became unplayable for many on iOS with iOS11.

• Kareelia
              Kareelia commented
              Editing a comment
              Funny how we see things differently.

I’ve recently returned from a break, and I have to say that the reasons I tired of the game has been resolved, and I’ve returned to a forum with the same welcoming people, but now hosted by a company that truly excel in cultivating a great community.

I miss adding friends, but I figure Apple axed Gamecenter and bongofish may be able to make a solution, so I’ll be patient.

I find this grumpy tone so confusing, Maybe you don’t mean it as harsh as you sound?

Give them a chance and stick around. We have fun here. 😊😊😊

I found this in the “‘Tis the season to be smurfy” episode
            ( AlleycatttSmurf Thank you for sharing the link! 😊)
            Spoiler!
            Last edited by Alex Smurf; 12-05-2017, 11:59 AM.

Comment

• AlleycatttSmurf
              Editing a comment
              Ahhhhhhhh I so hope you are right Alex Smurf !!😅😅😅💖💖💖🤞🤞🤞

I would love this😍😍😍

I took a couple screenshots while watching it too because I thought they looked so cute:
              Spoiler!

• Evanna
              Evanna commented
              Editing a comment
              It's adorable!

Last edited by AlleycatttSmurf; 12-05-2017, 12:35 PM.

Comment

it seems it's going to be great Chirstmas update!!⛄️⛄️⛄️🎄🎄🎄 i like placing the big Christmas gift in my decorated Christmas village and waiting for the Christmas day. i'm looking forward to open it! what could it be? i'll wait and see and like it!!🎁🎁🎁

Comment

I found a bunch of Christmas and Winter themed comics that You can read online. Here is the link for anyone who wants to read them: http://bluebuddies.com/cgi-bin/ultim...ic/1/3490.html

I think Smurfette’s new costume might be:
                Spoiler!

And Gargamel’s costume could be:
                Spoiler!

Or this:
                Spoiler!

Hahaha or maybe even this:
                Spoiler!

Comment

• Twinkiepie
                  Twinkiepie commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Regarding Gargamel's Costume: It is none of the ones mentioned above! Maybe you are missing one special outfit?

• AlleycatttSmurf
                  Editing a comment
                  Ooh thanks for the tip Twinkiepie !! I’ll see what I can find......😅😅😅

Hahaha too bad it wasn’t the barrel😆😆😆

• Evanna
                  Evanna commented
                  Editing a comment
                  AlleycatttSmurf
                  Was Gargamel ever a Grinch? (The Grinch is probably 'younger' than Gargamel though and because of copyright couldn't be used.) Or an elf? Maybe an evil Christmas elf? Those are other possible costumes I can think of, but my canon recollection of anything if pretty much zero, so I'm just throwing that out there as random ideas, but maybe they ring a bell?

A mini game, how wonderful! Thank you! I look forward to that! Or maybe it's eight prizes again like with the gold statue? Eight prizes added to eight different games? Mhh

Looking forward to the big surprise box! I like it so much that I'd like to keep the box as such as well. Maybe one year we get to keep (and store!) it.

Love the Christmas Gargamel costume! It's great to have gotten the Halloween one and I love that we get one for Christmas as well.

Edit: Oh, this was my 500th post on this forum! I write a lot, oops?

Comment

• Evanna
                  Evanna commented
                  Editing a comment
                  skydiver118
                  I get notifications anyway because we are replying to a comment I made, but if you want to tag me properly, you have to leave one free space after my name I think you know this and do it right usually, you probably just forgot and hit the enter/return button to get to the next line immediately.

Traveller isn't worth it at all for me. My luck is so bad that I get way less SB than from the cinema. I only use that. I wish I could store him.

• skydiver118
                  skydiver118 commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Evanna We’ll see if this works.I”m replying on my iPad so sometimes things work differently than on a normal computer.

• Evanna
                  Evanna commented
                  Editing a comment
                  skydiver118
                  It worked!
              Working...
              X