Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Important Announcement: Introducing Flashman Games and Bongfish!

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Important Announcement: Introducing Flashman Games and Bongfish!

Hello everyone. I've received some very important information that I've been asked to share with the Community.

Attention Smurfs' Villagers:

We are happy to announce that Flashman Games and Bongfish will be taking over the updates and publishing of The Smurfs mobile games, including The Smurfs' Village! Flashman has already made a multiyear agreement with Lafig so that your favorite Smurfy games continue to grow for years to come.

We are aware that there are players experiencing a 'Critical Lost Progress' bug that occurred in the last update. We have worked very hard over the weekend and found a solution. We have already submitted the fix to the iTunes App Store and Google Store for review. You can expect the update to be available in the coming days. Please DO NOT delete and reinstall the game.

More information can be found by reading the Flashman Games blog at the link below:

http://flashmangames.com/introducing...-and-bongfish/

Do you know if they will give us any instructions as to good dates to restore to or if we choose? or if a restore will be necessary?

Comment

Originally posted by skydiver118 View Post
      Do you know if they will give us any instructions as to good dates to restore to or if we choose? or if a restore will be necessary?
      Yes, you will need to use the Hidden Recovery Tool. I'll try and clarify with Flashman/Bongfish if there is a specific date, or if we are just supposed to choose one from before we each started noticing the problems.

Comment

• skydiver118
        skydiver118 commented
        Editing a comment
        Thanks. Appreciate it

Thank you for the update Spelling Bee! This is hopeful news indeed!

Comment

This is really dificult to know if this will be a good or bad thing for the future of SV. I'm not even sure what this all means.

I just hope the new development team actually plays the game and that they are fans of the classic 1980's Smurfs look and mythology from the comic and the cartoon! This transition obviously is timed with the approaching new Smurf movie, which should reenergize the fan base, and hopefully the new Development team doesn't forget why we all started playing the game. because it wasn't because of those dreadful live action movie fiascos.

On a personal note, It took five years of begging and complaining to start getting Beeline to actually start adding villains into the game and now just when we were gettting a few of the very best villains added, Beeline decides to throw in the towel and now SV is switching developers! Will we ever see Morphio and Nightmare, the Wartmongers, Nemisis, Lord Squird, Genie Meanie, and the Great Book of Spells?! I don't think I can wait another five years to see the rest of my favorite villains to be added!

Hopefully the new team can deliver us bug free content, because after the past week of almost all of us not having access to our games, players are getting grumpy on a level we haven't seen in a long, long time. This was probable not the best way to kick off their announcement.

And lastly, is this the end of Bee's Knees, Worker Bee, and Bumble Bee? Will they still be part of this community? And what about our forum, and we going to move to a new forum again? Is Beeline going away? Sorry for all the questions, just not sure what this all means.

Comment

Read the comments on facebook.

The forum is staying, as is the always Smurfy Spelling Bee! Your game will be restored to the last save. We have set up a new Zendesk which is linked in our blog along with the email, but any help ticket you placed will be forwarded to us, no matter where it was in process. You can also find the new help page here:
          I took that from a comment on the facebook page.

so folks can head over there to read the comments

Comment

• Purple!
            Purple! commented
            Editing a comment
            Thanks Skydiver!

No wonder Beeline gives us so many wonderful things these past months (Game master and the addition of Gargamel)

I think Beeline doesn't have enough team to continue this beloved game. We can see it when they're delaying android updates (which they could usually delivered both IOS & Android updates in the same time in the past)

At the current state of the game (so many bugs) and the small team remaining, I think Beeline has already given up with the game and they decided to give another developer a chance.

I don't know if this is a better or worse news for us but thank you anyways for providing us so many wonderful updates (especially game master) on the past years

Comment

• Spelling Bee
            Spelling Bee commented
            Editing a comment
            I know it's hard Silver, but try to be optimistic. A new team has been assembled to give our beloved game it's due attention and best of all, a renewed commitment to it's future.

Question the lost progress resetting to level 1 seemed to have different triggers. Does this fix mean that the game will no longer reset as I found there were different triigers with my game since late 2014

Comment

• Spelling Bee
            Spelling Bee commented
            Editing a comment
            Hi Debbles. This fix was for the recent problems that appeared. Whether or not that will also prevent similar instances of resetting remains to be seen. If not, then I'm sure the new team will continue to look for solutions.

That is interesting news indeed.
          Just as long as we keep our beloved game (with ongoing investment in updates etc), our forum, and of course Spelling Bee (!!)

Comment

• Spelling Bee
            Spelling Bee commented
            Editing a comment
            You are stuck with me Caro!

• Caro
            Caro commented
            Editing a comment
            Awesome!! 😘

Originally posted by Purple! View Post
          This is really dificult to know if this will be a good or bad thing for the future of SV. I'm not even sure what this all means.
          Hi Purple. It will be a good thing. Flashman & Bongfish have made a new multiyear agreement with Lafig. They are in it for the long haul. This means that they are committed to ensuring that we will continue to have updates, bug fixes, and a better experience for all involved.

I just hope the new development team actually plays the game and that they are fans of the classic 1980's Smurfs look and mythology from the comic and the cartoon! This transition obviously is timed with the approaching new Smurf movie, which should reenergize the fan base, and hopefully the new Development team doesn't forget why we all started playing the game. because it wasn't because of those dreadful live action movie fiascos.
          They are busy immersing themselves in all things Smurfy, and this includes playing the games. They have been well briefed on what makes Smurfs' Village special. Don't forget, I'm still here too and I'll make sure to reiterate that if need be.

On a personal note, It took five years of begging and complaining to start getting Beeline to actually start adding villains into the game and now just when we were gettting a few of the very best villains added, Beeline decides to throw in the towel and now SV is switching developers! Will we ever see Morphio and Nightmare, the Wartmongers, Nemisis, Lord Squird, Genie Meanie, and the Great Book of Spells?! I don't think I can wait another five years to see the rest of my favorite villains to be added!
          Say it with me Purple... "Multi..... year....agreement". That's a whole lotta updates to look forward to. I think it's safe to say, your job as our resident Villain Lobbyist Extraordinaire will be needed so that the new developers know which ones would make the best additions.

Hopefully the new team can deliver us bug free content, because after the past week of almost all of us not having access to our games, players are getting grumpy on a level we haven't seen in a long, long time. This was probable not the best way to kick off their announcement.
          They worked very hard to implement a fix and get it out to us. Going forward, it's their hope that they can continue to build on this and continue fixing issues while keeping new ones to a minimum. In the event new bugs do appear, I'm sure we can all agree to give them a bit of leeway as they make the game's code their own and learn all of the tricks to make it behave!

And lastly, is this the end of Bee's Knees, Worker Bee, and Bumble Bee? Will they still be part of this community? And what about our forum, and we going to move to a new forum again? Is Beeline going away? Sorry for all the questions, just not sure what this all means.
          Flashman and Bongfish have no problems with the Bees being a part of the community. This was a friendly transition after all. Beeline wanted what's best for all of their players too. I personally hope they visit once in a while to say hi and see how we are doing.

Comment

• Purple!
            Purple! commented
            Editing a comment
            This does all sound like good news! Thank you Spelling Bee for the detailed response, I look forward to seeing what the new team brings!

• AlleycatttSmurf
            AlleycatttSmurf commented
            Editing a comment
            Thank you Spelling Bee. This helps alleviate some of the the worries that I think a lot of us are experiencing over this take over.

• SushiSmurf
            SushiSmurf commented
            Editing a comment
            Thanks very much, Spelling Bee. I feel comforted, especially that you and our forum will still be around. My mood: smurfy!

i hope everything will turn out great for this game and us all. and hope some of the workers at the new development team will visit here constantly and read our ideas, questions, and understand our enthusiasm ( and discontents 😁) for this game.
          Last edited by yosinori saitou; 11-02-2016, 12:18 AM.

Comment

Reviewtime is only 1 day:

http://appreviewtimes.com

Comment

• chickadee2013
              chickadee2013 commented
              Editing a comment
              That's fast. I don't think I've ever seen down to one day!

IMO, the transfer is good news! The game is already buggy and problematic, it can't get any worse right? I presume Beeline have transferred this game to Flashman and Bongfish at a fee so it make sense that they'll further develope this game to recover their investment? No company in their right mind will takeover a dying game.

As to whether they will stay true to the spirits of Smurf Village, I believe Purple and all the hardcore fans can educate them if they don't. Afterall, if they want us to spend, they better give us what we want. 😅

It is also a relief that the bees are staying because this forum would not exist without them! I still want receive montly updates and news from Spelling Bee. 😁

Comment

Thanks for posting the announcement Spelling Bee. I'm so glad you'll be sticking with us. You know us so well. You must be invaluable to the new developers. You also know the highs and lows of the updates and game history.

The bees have been good to us too. I did think they should have been on here a lot more at times, when we were looking for answers. We're a passionate bunch and love our game so we can be quite demanding but they obviously listened to our suggestions and really delivered on most of our requests in terms of content and we did get some very beautiful items added to the game. It has evolved so much. I wish them all the best and hope they do keep visiting.

I was so happy to hear about a fix being submitted. Can you please confirm that it's the fix that has been submitted for review? The update will be separate. Is that correct? I hope the fix isn't part of the update. I'd be nervous about updating.

Im glad the fix will be here any day now. Im getting excited about seeing my blue buddies!

Edit: I've just read the Flashman announcement SVMM and it states that the SV fix is included with the update. Scary but they did say they found the issue. In that case, I hope we can have more teasers and maybe animations from the update.
              Last edited by chickadee2013; 11-02-2016, 04:13 AM.

Comment

• chickadee2013
                chickadee2013 commented
                Editing a comment
                Hello Spelling Bee, I know my post was long and you've been busy but can you please find out if there are any more teasers? I'm getting pretty excited about playing again. 🙃

Ya know, if they're actually playing the game and get bit by some of the years old bugs like we have, maybe they'll fix them....like impossible tracker quests, or Vanity in space's impossible quests. Or various others that have work arounds posted here. Glitches and bugs that have been going on for years with fixes promised and never delivered.

Maybe they'll be motivated to find them or will look on them with fresh eyes and will squash them.

Comment

Working...
              X