Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Share your favorite Comics and Cartoons from your childhood!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Share your favorite Comics and Cartoons from your childhood!

yosinori saitou made a lovely post in the Happy New Year post and honoured the Smurfs' 60 year anniversary in 2018, and it made me wonder:

What else did all of you watch or read when you were little/younger?

Are they also things that exist(ed) for a long time already?

I remember loving the Asterix comics (first came out in 1959) and different cartoons like Tom and Jerry (created 1940), Tweety Pie related things (don't you just love him and Sylvester? And of course Granny and Hector!) (the bird that became Tweety was created 1942, Tweety as we know him appeared first in 1947), and other Looney Tunes/Merrie Melodies (started 1930) like Bugs Bunny, Speedy Gonzales, or Road Runner. I also remember watching Disney cartoons like Chip and Dale (1989), and reading the comics about Huey, Dewey and Louie (1937/1938) with Donald and Scrooge McDuck.
    There's probably more, but those are the ones I can think of right now.

Edit: I totally forgot, but thanks to Yosinori bringing it up: I also read manga/watched anime, although that came (a little) later. I'm part of the 150/151 Pokemon generation, so that was something that I watched and read, haha. Dragonball and Dragonball Z also were a thing then. Of course there was more both Western and Japanese, but those were the main things. (I think I don't have to include pictures for them?)
    Last edited by Evanna; 01-01-2018, 09:19 AM.

i'm a Japanese, so i read a lot of Manga comics when i was a kid.

i especially liked this one. Sasuke the ninja boy.

he has four cousins look alike him. they look like Smurfs a little😄

Comment

• Evanna
      Evanna commented
      Editing a comment
      Never heard of that one before, interesting! Thank you for sharing! The art style is cute, the cousins look adorable and the parents of them (?) very friendly. I can imagine that it was a fun thing to read!

I started watching the Smurfs when I was two, and I was obsessed for years after. This game definitely rekindled that obsssession via some serious nostalgia😄😄😄

My favourite shows throughout my childhood besides the Smurfs were: Knight Rider, Dukes of Hazard, The Muppets, Fraggle Rock, A-Team, Looney Tunes, He-Man, She-Ra, Rainbow Bright, Scooby Doo, GI Joe, Transformers, Strawberry Shortcake, My Little Pony, Care Bears, DuckTales, Jem and the Holograms, Chip n Dale Rescue Rangers and Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles. I didn’t get to watch a lot of tv as a kid (looking back this is a good thing, didn’t think so at the time lol) so I usually only watched at friends houses or when I would sneak up early on Saturday Mornings and watch before anyone was up haha!

I wasn’t introduced to the world of comics when I was little, so I only read Archie’s Digests and DuckTales that were available at the grocery store and on the ferries.

Comment

• Evanna
      Evanna commented
      Editing a comment
      Oh, Duck Tales! I completely forgot about that! Watched that, too. And Darkwing Duck. Watched some of Scooby Doo as well. Care Bears! Ahaha, forgot about those, too. I watched that as well, yes. Another Chip n Dale fan, yay! Weren't they so cute? Haven't heard about a bunch of your list, though.
      Thank you for sharing

May I ask: Do you remember some of your favourite Smurf episodes? (Or do you have some favourite episodes now?) I watched some yesterday, but am mostly unfamiliar with the series, so if someone wanted to recommend some episodes I wouldn't say no.

• AlleycatttSmurf
      AlleycatttSmurf commented
      Editing a comment
      Evanna it’s definitely hard to choose a favourite, anything with Mother Nature, Father Time, Hogatha, Johan, Peewit and Princess Savina would be good to watch. I will try to add some links soon☺️

Comics: Smurfs, Mickey Mouse, Donald Duck, Fix and Foxi, Fantasio and Spirou

Last edited by Morning Sky; 01-01-2018, 04:16 PM.

Comment

• yosinori saitou
      yosinori saitou commented
      Editing a comment
      i like Fix und Foxi too! unfortunately, i can't get their comics in my country and i could read only some of their episodes in the web. ( it seems their web page was closed ) the drawing arts by Fecchi were great.

• Evanna
      Evanna commented
      Editing a comment
      Had to look the last one up, never heard of that one before. I think I read some Fix and Foxi too, but didn't own any comics. Maybe they were featured in a magazine I read? Mh... Didn't read much of them, but some.
      Thank you for sharing!
Working...
X