Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

[iOS] Lost a large portion of my recent progress in Magical Meadow version 1.9.0

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [iOS] Lost a large portion of my recent progress in Magical Meadow version 1.9.0

the game told me, i was logged out. So I logged in again with GC. And my village started (I didn't get the chance to choose a village, there was just the normal play button. So I hit play and got Greedy's task again. And everything went back to a former saved village, before the christmas update. I'm back at level 39 with 88 acorns, but yesterday I was at 41 and I had more then 130 acorns (and I spent them on Christmas items.) The Christmas update is out for a couple of days, how come all the progress is lost? I don't know what Went wrong. This village right now is my village from a month ago ... :-(

I quite often get that where the game has logged out by itself but what I usially do is clear the cache but I see ios does not have that option uless one downloads avg anti virus or battery doktor and can then clear the cache which help with performance. It does not surprise me that the option of 2,games did not appear as there seems to be a saving progress issue which has not been fixed. I did suggest a manual save button and it tells you it has saved and did pass this on to the development team this way ww know it has saved. But wull they listen. I did come up with a temporary way of saving progress, it is very long winded and not convenient but it works. Go into game go first task and go back to main screen and then back into game this will prompt a save then.leave game completely. Repeat with each seperate task. With your situation I would contact customer service ans aak to be refunded or have acorns replaced. Best of luck

Comment

• Tenny
      Tenny commented
      Editing a comment
      Thank you, debbles smurf. There will be no refund. I collected all my acorns by playing the game. It's just discouraging, that's all. I started to paint huts and put up Christmas decorations everywhere and it's all gone. :-(

Seems there is a server issue as I cannot play the game at present

Comment

My mystical pool disappeared can't buy another doesn't appear in menu either. I too went back to level 36 and lost acorns christmas items i bought all gone.
      Support didn't help sent message and came back with generic we will look into it response. Any other suggestions

Comment

• Spelling Bee
        Spelling Bee commented
        Editing a comment
        Keep replying to ticket and keep following up with Customer Support.

Hi Tenny & Janetkl. Please make sure you submit tickets with Customer Support.

Comment

• Tenny
        Tenny commented
        Editing a comment
        Thank you, Spelling Bee.

My village did this same thing this morning, except I received no error message a or logout. I went to bed almost level 41 and woke up today and I am at the beginning of level 39. I check daily to make sure I am signed in to game center so progress is saved. I did submit a ticket. Very frustrating.
      Last edited by aimee6517; 12-22-2015, 03:57 AM.

Comment

• Ray888
        Ray888 commented
        Editing a comment
        Tap papa smurf head 16 times to recover earlier state!

• Spelling Bee
        Spelling Bee commented
        Editing a comment
        Ray, this topic is for Magical Meadow, not the original Smurfs's Village.

Hi I submitted a ticket they credited me acorns no mystical pool and I reached level 37 and upgraded some huts. I go back to play 12/24 and I'm back at level 36 acorns gone and my upgraded huts are lost. Will submit another ticket. What good does it do if I keep going back to level 36 and losing acorns and upgraded items

Comment

• debbles smurf
        debbles smurf commented
        Editing a comment
        Try this while playing. Go into game complete one task such as mystical pool and mine activities then go back to main screen but do not leave game completely then go back into game, this will prompt a save point. Leave game completely. Rpeat for each task but when it comes to havesting crops as soon as you get a smurfy reward go back to main screen then back into game so it will force a save point and not lose the smurfy rewards and then leave game completely. It maybe annoying but at least this way you won't lose progress and everything else. I tried different ways but only this seemed to work.

I also lost my progress, which included all the Christmas updates and everything I did with the magical acorns I bought. I submitted a ticket and got the same answer as I always get "I let the developers know" and then nothing. I worked towards rebuilding my progress and again I lost everything - twice in about a week time. I lost everything that $53.10/1,400 acorns had allow me to get and do. Again I submitted another ticket requesting to get reimbursed for the cost of the acorns or credit me 1,400 acorns and again nothing! I stopped playing until this is resolved. Tired of losing my progress. I put a lot of time and money into this game only to have this happened. Beeline I have been playing the original SV almost since its birth and now SV MM since it became available - I have been paying you for my entertainment by buying a ton of smurfsberries and magic acorn. There are major issues with the SV that still have to be resolved and I have reported them to you two years ago - that was never fixed. Now I'm afraid the same is going to happen with SVMM. Please do something about my case and about the games all together.

Comment

Haven't had to come to this forum in a few months... Since the last time I had this problem... Well here I am again!!!!

I also lost about a week's worth of progress. I was logged into both GameCentre AND Facebook this time. Still lost it.

I'm really getting sick of this crap. This is the third time now. If it doesn't get fixed pronto with some Magic Acorns to make up for it... Then I'm deleting this garbage game. It's been nothing but a headache since the launch!!!

Comment

• debbles smurf
          debbles smurf commented
          Editing a comment
          Try the above that I posted. It might be frustrating and long winded but the game progress does save. It took testing different things and the above seems to be the only method that works

I have tried clearing cache (I'm on iPhone 6s Plus) but no luck. Thanks anyways.

Comment

• debbles smurf
          debbles smurf commented
          Editing a comment
          No read the way I save progress it has nothing to do with clearing cache. What have posted does work even though it is long winded

What I experienced recently is not exactly losing progress, but the game server doesn't seem to be syncing my gameplay....More than half the time, whenever I re-enter the game, there are some activities not saved. For eg, I go into the game and plant 50 Peas, craft some silver keys and send some smurfs on the log journeys. When I return to the game ten minutes later, I can see the silver keys are crafting in progress and my log journey has begun, but the 50 Peas I planted earlier was not done! I end up having to re-plant the 50 Peas and only when I return to the game a second time later, the Peas are being planted.... This strange bug has happened to me for the past week or so and I wonder if the game server is syncing correctly?

Comment

• debbles smurf
          debbles smurf commented
          Editing a comment
          Are you on android or ios. If android try my suggestion.

I also lost game progress. I didn't lose a lot (like some of the others did). I only lost about one days worth of progress and 5 acorns. It's not really worth it to submit a ticket, but I will just so they know there's a problem.

I spoke to a member of my club who also lost progress. Seems like this issue is getting worse.

The real reason I'm posting is to ask if the Studio will fix the issue with the next update? I'm afraid to play until this is fixed.

Comment

• debbles smurf
          debbles smurf commented
          Editing a comment
          Main screen is where the play button is before leaving the game complately. So what I do tap app which takes me to main screen, this is where the game connects and you will see if your game is logged into both either game centre + facebook for ios or google + facebook for android, I then tap play and go into game. The first task I do is the fallen log, the mine and pool then go back to main screen by tapping symbol top right of game. I then tap play again and this takes me back into the game at this point the progress is being saved to the server. I check to see it work by tapping the pool as that was the last task if all.good exit game complately. I ten repeat this but the next task is crops. As soon as you get any smurfy rewards from crop harvesting immediately go to main screen but not exit game and then go back into game, again this will.prompt a new save point to the server. Check to see the save has occurred and then exit game completely. Then go back in and continue completing harvesting of crops ensuring each time you find smurfy rewards you repeat the save step so you don't lose the smurfy rewards. From there do any other task in the same manner. Yes it is long winded and annoying but after trying different things this was the only thing that worked. Got fed up with repeating levels over and over so tested different things and this was what worked. Hopefully the development team will fix the issue causing progress not to save as it seems to be a major issue for both ios and android

• Spelling Bee
          Spelling Bee commented
          Editing a comment
          Hi Debbles. There are numerous differences between the iOS and Android versions. I think part of Grace's confusion stems from the fact that there is no way to return to the Main Menu from the Settings Menu in the iOS version.

• debbles smurf
          debbles smurf commented
          Editing a comment
          see image below as to main screen.

Step 1 tap on game app icon this takes you to main screen and is where game is connecting to server
          Step 2 tap play this takes you into your game
          Step 3 complete fallen log, mine and magical pool tasks
          Step 4 tap out of game once to main screen but do not exit
          Step 5 tap play to enter game again this will prompt a save
          Step 6 check progress has been saved by tapping on last task which was magical pool
          Step 7 if all good exit out of game completely

Repeat the above for crops and other tasks, as soon as you find smurfy items tap out of game to main screen but do not exit completely see above. This ensures you do not lose the smurfy items you have found

This is the main screen I am referring to

Comment

Originally posted by debbles smurf
          The first task I do is the fallen log, the mine and pool then go back to main screen by tapping symbol top right of game. I then tap play again and this takes me back into the game at this point the progress is being saved to the server.
          Hi Debbles. Above is the step that cannot be done on iOS devices. Once you tap on Play from the Main Menu, you enter the game and cannot leave it without minimizing/closing it. Tapping on the Settings icon (the symbol at the top right of the game) just opens the Settings menu and there is no way to return to the Main Menu from inside the Settings menu.

Comment

• debbles smurf
            debbles smurf commented
            Editing a comment
            I wasn't talking about settings I was referring to what ever a person taps on to go back to main screen see pic above. In the case of android on a samsung galaxy s5 it is the back button on the bottom right of device. I think I will stick to android seems apple really have screwed their customers. No clearing cache for individual apps and now this. The samsung galaxy s 5 and earlier models have external storage, removeable battery, and the s5 is waterproof.

• Spelling Bee
            Spelling Bee commented
            Editing a comment
            Both iOS and Android have their pros and cons, it mostly comes down to personal preferences.

Lost all recent progress and my purchased Acorns. I logged in with GC. and my village started. I didn't get the chance to choose a village. After I hit play everything went back to a former saved village at the beginning of level 38 but before this happened I was at the end of level 40 and I had purchased 450 Acorns while I was level 39. This village right now is my village from a long time ago.

The Support credited me "some acorns to help you retrieve your game state faster while we investigate this issue." I received 100 acorns at January 1st. But I buyed 450 acorns and lost them. So the 100 acorns I got from Support don't compensate the loss of acorns and progress. I had all Special Smurfs Huts full upgraded within the lost levels.

But now I don't get any answer from Customer Support and hope for help here.

Comment

• Spelling Bee
            Spelling Bee commented
            Editing a comment
            Hi Storch. I checked on your Customer Support Ticket and the status is still open. Just keep doing what you are doing and keep emailing Support and let them know that what they sent you as compensation is fine, but you also need to be re-credited your most recent purchases that were also lost with your progress. That should have been something completely separate.

• Storch14
            Storch14 commented
            Editing a comment
            Thanks for your help, Spelling Bee. Today 800 acorns arrived

• Spelling Bee
            Spelling Bee commented
            Editing a comment
            I'm very glad!
        Working...
        X