Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Discuss the best way to use our new Smurfy Club Boosts to their full potential!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Discuss the best way to use our new Smurfy Club Boosts to their full potential!

The club boosts are great, but how can we best use them since only the leader of each club can select the boost?

Maybe we - and that means all club members - could share ideas here. I also thought it might be helpful to learn which boosts most of you like best. Therefore, if you could maybe pick your favorite three boosts? That might be very helpful in deciding on a strategy.

Below are all boosts. We get two boosts with each level, so I numbered them 1a/1b through 10a/10b to make it easier to keep them apart.

All boosts:

1a. The Time is ripe
    Time Reduction on Corn, Blueberries, Blackberries, Carrots, Raspberries, Strawberries and Red Currnant (0m-29m)

1b. If you build it
    Shortened Build Times on items

2a. Eat your veggies
    Bonus on Veggie output

2b. Buy local
    Increased Sell Price on Corn, Blueberries, Blackberries, Carrots, Raspberries, Strawberries and Red Currant (0m-29m)

3a. Smurf like the wind
    Half time on Send Smurf quests

3b. Hothouse tomatoes
    Time Reduction on Peas and Tomato (30m-120m)

4a. Fruit Salad Time
    Bonus on Fruit output

4b. Downsizing
    Lower Smurf cost on build items

5a. Faster, tastier
    Time Reduction on Sarsaparilla, Watermelon and Purple Cabbage (121m-480m)

5b. Farmer's Market
    Increased Sell Price on Peas and Tomato (30m-120m)

6a. Assembly line
    Lower crafting time on all crafts

6b. She loves me
    Bonus on Flower output

7a. Smurf to market
    Increased Sell Price on Sarsaparilla, Watermelon and Purple Cabbage (121m-480m)

7b. Pig out
    Extra XP on all Greedy items

8a. Heavier metal
    Coin bonus for all metals when selling them in the Town Square

8b. A Smurf's BFF
    Coin bonus for all gems when selling them in the Town Square

9a. Potato salad time
    Time Reduction on Lettuce and Potato (481m+)

9b. Taste your warer
    Increased Sell Price on Lettuce and Potato (481m+)

10a. Overstock Sale
    Double output for Blacksmith items

10b. Time is Smurfy
    Time reduction on Activities
    Last edited by jileha; 11-01-2015, 11:46 AM.

Comment

• Barbeque
      Barbeque commented
      Editing a comment
      Obviously, i am an Android player, so i cannot check it by myself. I would appreciate it if you gave us more details about each Boost.
      Like 10b Time Reduction by 30%
      or
      6b Increased flower output by +1 when collected
      or
      5b increased selling price by 25%

for example.... that would make it more clear in my opinion.

• jileha
      jileha commented
      Editing a comment
      Barbeque, I'd like to do that but this would take way too much of my time.

• Barbeque
      Barbeque commented
      Editing a comment
      No problem. It was a suggestion. 😊

One option would be to change the boost every day according to a fixed schedule. This way, everyone would know what boost would be effective in advance - like the crop calendar.

One other - or additional - option would be to select a specific boost that would help finish one of the goals, either club goals or general goals like harvesting 1000 daisies. If 6b. Bonus on flower output would be effective, all club members could use the time (duration to be determined) to work on that particular goal.

What do you all think?

Comment

My club default boost is 10b (Time is Smurfy) as we think this is the best while I'll change the boost from time to time according to member request while I'm online.

Comment

I've got the same opinion like ray. 10b is much better than most Boosts in the list. Setup 10b as default and switch to something different for goals or member requests.

Comment

• jileha
          jileha commented
          Editing a comment
          We're at level 8 at the moment. So I can't even test the effects of that level yet. 10a, double output on Blacksmith's items, soinds good as well for producing keys.

• Barbeque
          Barbeque commented
          Editing a comment
          Yeah, making 2 keys instead of 1... is really cool. So you may finally open all those chests at item storage.
          The Bone/Skeleton Key costs 2 iron and 1 gold, right?

I'm curious, if they add a boost, which increases the chance of smurfy items output for veggie/flowers/fruits at further levels of the club.
        Last edited by Barbeque; 11-02-2015, 10:03 AM.

Comment

I tried the 2b Buy local boost to make lots of coins in a shorter time. This way, I can buy more watermelons to keep digging in the mine. This is also quite useful. For me, probably more useful than shorter activities.

BTW, what counts as activity for this boost? Only the magic pool activities?

Too bad not more players let us know their preferences. Some might have quite different approaches from our own. I think I will stick to switching boosts daily, maybe in combination with the boosts offered in the calendar. This way, each club member can check out which boost is currently running and make the most of it during that day.
          Or send in a request...

Comment

It's hard to tell, cause Our Group leader has chosen 3a and that's it. It's nice to complete the log journeys in 12 hours now, really. But I would like to test all of them. We are at Level 7 now and we cannot communicate with each other. Would be nice to have our own group here or on fb to discuss the boosts and other stuff.
            I think it's good to use the boosts to complete club Goals first. But it depends on your group: do you have a lot of maxed out villages or a lot of beginners ... the boost are smurfy for beginners and can help them levelling up and I like the idea of using the club boosts to help other Players.

Comment

• Tenny
              Tenny commented
              Editing a comment
              Mostly I'm the only one on the chat. I guess we live in diffrent timezones. I have no idea who my clubleader is.

• jileha
              jileha commented
              Editing a comment
              They still should see your comments whenever they open the game, if the chat works like it's supposed to and the way I understood it was supposed to work.<br>
              But our chat is not very active, either. It's to much work to chat in short snippets.

• Tenny
              Tenny commented
              Editing a comment
              I think our Chat is not working. I just saw one post at the very beginning but not more. And we have some active Players who are working on the club goals.

I like the idea of using the boost that helps the club achieve goals - if at max, probably faster activities... While we are all figuring it out, switching daily, or every other day will help us learn what we like best.

Comment

Our clubs leader doesn't reply or change our boost either and we are stuck on 2a

Comment

• GraceSmurf
                GraceSmurf commented
                Editing a comment
                Oh no . Rachel I think your in my club ! I would gladly change the boost. I haven't seen any requests in the chat. I play often. I typed a message in the chat asking what boost everyone wanted, I only got one response, so I switched to the boost they suggested. Did you see those messages in the chat?

• GraceSmurf
                GraceSmurf commented
                Editing a comment
                Oops, I forgot to ask.... What boost would you like?

• rachel_38
                rachel_38 commented
                Editing a comment
                I can see you have been changing it now Gracesmurf - I didn't know you were on here! I did mention it a few times in chat which suggests the chat function doesn't work properly....

Maybe some leaders don't play regularly? Or just pick whatever boost they like the most - which is after all tempting -, or are convinced that this is the best boost for most members, who knows.

This is a tricky situation, Tenny and Rachel. Maybe look for some other players in a similar situation and found your own club? But I think first of all we would need a comfirmation from Beeline that the chat actually works properly and the leaders actually see chats and requests from their club members.

Maybe it could be implemented that boosts automatically change after a certain amount of time (48 hours?) if not changed by the leader and cannot be picked twice in a row. So that even if a leader does never change the boost or always picks the same boost, there are at least some limitations to the absolute boost power bestowed on the leaders.

Comment

I'll bring the issue of absent leaders up with the Studio. In addition to the auto-rotating boosts, maybe they can add a vote system to nominate a new leader or remove an existing leader if the majority of the Club agrees.

Comment

• jileha
                  jileha commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Absenteeism is tricky. I thought of deleting players from the club that apparently don't play. But what if they're on a really long vacation? Removing a leader might also be tricky unless the assistant will take over and has been chosen wisely. My second in command right now hasn't played for a while. With the hardly functional chat function it will be difficult to reach a consensus about pretty much anything among club members. One last, but IMO the most important objection against removing the leader: He or she was (in most cases) the person who founded the club and named it. How can this person be kicked out of their own club or demoted?? If they really have abandoned the game completely, they probably wouldn't care. But how would that be established?

• Tenny
                  Tenny commented
                  Editing a comment
                  I played browser games with clubs and there were a lot of abandoned clubs, because the leaders stopped playing and caring. It would be good if there is a way to vote for a new leader or if we may contact Beeline to choose a new one.

• Ray888
                  Ray888 commented
                  Editing a comment
                  As Jileha said above a Leader is the one who start-up a club so mostly he/she can choose a reliable new leader if he wanted to quit his/her club or perhaps start-up a new club. Voting a new leader could possibly destroy a club and never in any mobile and online game we can vote for new leader!

Most of the time Co-leader are the one who is to be demoted or promoted by leader through voting from the members of a club based on his/her activeness and commitment.

Mostly the member them self will left the club if they think the club/group leader is seldom online, not fulfilling their wishes or unsuitable for them.
                  Last edited by Ray888; 11-05-2015, 07:41 AM.

Idea! Vote the boost during 24 or 48 hour! Example: today is Monday and all the player can vote for wednesday boost ( reason timezone) and the max number of vote to count! Two player vote for same boost from 25 .... this will be / none vote than the leader can choose! Just one idea! Thank you!

Comment

The previous post is to complete what Jileha mentioned in:
                  Originally posted by jileha View Post
                  One option would be to change the boost every day according to a fixed schedule. This way, everyone would know what boost would be effective in advance - like the crop calendar.

One other - or additional - option would be to select a specific boost that would help finish one of the goals, either club goals or general goals like harvesting 1000 daisies. If 6b. Bonus on flower output would be effective, all club members could use the time (duration to be determined) to work on that particular goal.

What do you all think?

Comment

Hi, i am a leader and i use most of the time 2a or 4a. I asked the members if they want another boost and they said that my choice was good, so i keep it. Of course that if someone wants a change i will make it. I am playing a lot and working hard for the club goals. I don't know exactly what's the problem here, but i will do what my club members decide that it's better for everyone.

Comment

• GraceSmurf
                      GraceSmurf commented
                      Editing a comment
                      I'm also a leader and I also choose 2a. After reading this thread, I'm going to switch us to a different boost each day.

• TBest
                      TBest commented
                      Editing a comment
                      You're a great club leader Ruxandra! I'm glad I got to join! 🙂

• Ruxandra
                      Ruxandra commented
                      Editing a comment
                      Thank you TBest!
                  Working...
                  X