Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Will Magical Meadow be updated to 64 Bit so that it will run on iOS 11?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Will Magical Meadow be updated to 64 Bit so that it will run on iOS 11?

Hi Spelling Bee,
    I received a warning that my Magical Meadow would no longer be supported once the new iOS 11 update goes through. Is that right? Is Bongfish working to make it compatible or will I no longer be able to access my Meadow once the update goes through?

Sounds like bongfish need to make this a priority. Safe to say the other game is stablr

Comment

Bongfish

It was stated on a thread for the magical meadow game that when ios 11 rolls out that the game may not work. Question is will thid game work on ios. I read earlier that apple are discontinuing 32bit and it will now be 64bit which means will any of bongfish games work on ios 11 with that major change coming.

Bongfish please be honest with ios players as I see no one has responded on the other thread

Comment

If you're on a device that runs iOS10, which should also be one that gets iOS11, go into your settings, general, about. Tap on APpllications and you can see a list of any apps you have that are only 32 bit and that, unless they are updated, will not be compatible with iOS11

DOesn't fix the issue, but at least you can have an idea of what apps you will lose if you upgrade.

Some may still be updated, thats why iOS11 is out in beta now, to give developers a chance to update their apps, but some will be left behind. Especially any apps that are no longer in the app store.

Comment

AnneC Yes, they are planning on updating the other games prior to the release of iOS 11 this coming fall.

Comment

• AnneC
            AnneC commented
            Editing a comment
            Hi Spelling Bee, that is great news!
            In case it doesn't happen in time though, will being connected to the Game Center be enough to save our game or should we be backing up the iPad itself prior to downloading iOS11?
            After that, I suppose we'd have to ensure we had an older device that didn't have the update and then transfer the game there...

• Spelling Bee
            Spelling Bee commented
            Editing a comment
            AnneC From what I've been told and what I've seen, they will be updating Smurf Life, Magical Meadow, and Smurftette's Magic Match before the release of iOS 11. In the event that doesn't happen, then you have a couple of options. The first is to hold off on upgrading your iOS device to iOS 11. The second is to go ahead and upgrade and just not be able to open your games until they are updated. Now again, while they may not be updates with all new content, it is my understanding that the apps will updated enough to replace the Beeline loading screens, and make them compatible with iOS 11.

Since Magical Meadow saves it's progress online, yes you should be able to download it over on an older device and sign in using your same Game Center, or Facebook info and recover your game there. If you have any other questions, please let me know.

I checked my Apps in the way skydiver mentioned above, but SVMM is not shown as a 32-bit App.

Comment

• Spelling Bee
            Spelling Bee commented
            Editing a comment
            Morning Sky That is not always entirely accurate. Smurfette's Magic Match, Magical Meadow, and Smurf Life all need to be updated, but only Magic Match, and Smurf Life will show up in that list. Some players will also only see the warning message on Smurf Life, and not Magical Meadow or Magic Match. It's confusing, but Bongfish will sort it out and get them iOS 11 compatible.

I have been wondering *where* is this magical meadow? At first I thought people were referring to the Grove but I was wrong obviously. I don't seem to have a meadow. Is magical meadow a completely different game than the village?
          Last edited by WeezieB; 07-01-2017, 10:55 AM.

Comment

• debbles smurf
            debbles smurf commented
            Editing a comment
            It is a seperate game known as smurfs 2 it is in the app store and requires a constant internet connection. Also it also depends on what device you have as older devices the game may not be compatible and the game may not function properly because of the hardware requirements to play the game

Thank you debbles smurf!

Comment

I think the game will work fine on ios 11. I checked my samsung galaxy s7 edge and it is a 64 bit android smartphone and the game works well so cannot see why it wouldn't on ios 11

Comment

• Pandemonium
              Pandemonium commented
              Editing a comment
              I cant say anything for sure but I think its different on iOS. 64 bit is superior to 32 bit so it can run both 64 and 32 bit games and apps. Same thing goes for Windows PCs.

But in this case, if I understood correctly, Apple will "force" 32 bit apps and games to not be compatible, so that only 64 bit apps work with the newest iOS.

Hi everyone. This is just a confirmation post that yes, Smurfs' Village and the Magical Meadow is already compatible with Apple's new 64 bit requirements in iOS 11. You should be able to safely update your devices to iOS 11 and continue to play as normal.

Comment

Thank you Spelling Bee, well not really the answer I was looking for as that does not mean a proper update but at least this shows that they still care about this game, because they probably wouldnt care much about its compatibility if they dont have any plans for it.

Comment

Working...
              X