Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Smurf Life iOS version 1.15.0 is live and available for download!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

You wouldn't believe it - I got offered the curry recipe this morning - and was highly excited thinking that I would be making cookies, shelves and marble tiles today - no such luck! My offer for the curry recipe was 18 Detective Raincoats (I've already got 3 and could do the rest in the time available), 11 Potato Soup (easy at 5 minutes each) and 18 Pumpkin Pie - you have to be kidding me - they take 8 hours each!!!!!!! Not happy.

Comment

Yowsa! If it makes you feel better, when I was offered veggie tempura I believe it was 5 gold crowns. No way I would be able to do that in the time allotted. I'm guessing it's totally random as to what Marco wants to trade for his items. Unfortunately, most of the randomization process seems to come out with weird formulas.

Comment

I got the Veggie Tempura recipe today! It took 10 salads, 18 bamboo masts & 18 sloops. It was doable for me. Recipe is 3 carrots + 3 onions + 1 corn oil.
        Last edited by SharonS; 04-05-2014, 12:15 PM.

Comment

Good to know, thanks! I got the offer the other day, but it needed 13 raspberry cupcakes... just not doable in 6 hours.

Comment

I haven't given up hoping that I will be offered a 'special' cooking recipe that is actually doable in 6 hours. So far I have been offered curry once and another one twice (vine leaf something) but all three times there was at least one of the ingredients that could never be done in the 6 hours!

Comment

Hopefully in the next update they will balance Marco Smurf's offers more.

Comment

Funny. Today Marco is offering me the Veggie Tempura recipe again, even though I already have it. Seems like a waste. It should be that Marco wouldn't offer a recipe that the player has already unlocked. (BTW, the requirements are totally unreasonable - 16 cherry pies and 19 headache pills :P)

Spelling Bee, could you confirm if a fix for Marco's issues will be included in the next update? Or at least are being worked on?

Comment

Also, the 'second' offers for Marco need to be removed. Most of the ones for coins aren't too bad, but when Marco is asking for lots of expensive items in return for 2-4 resources that we can collect for free, it's completely useless.

Comment

Got offered Enchilada's this morning and was excited (should have known better!) until I looked at what I had to make - 14 Crystal Earrings (26 minutes but needs a Crystal first, which needs a fire potion first at 1hr 37 minutes each), 17 Fireplaces (at 5hrs 45 minutes each) and 12 Graham Crusts (meaning you need to make 36 graham crackers first!)- totally impossible to make in 6 hours - I only hope that the next update fixes Marco!!!!!!

Comment

After a whole bunch of impossible quests, I finally got a doable one for Veggie Tempura! 12 candle holders (doable because I have a stock of pasta dinners and salads and an apprentice who makes candle holders 2 at a time), 14 ceramic goblets and 12 polished chairs. I'm working on it right now!

Carol, what does the Enchilada do? Does it give a bonus like Veggie Tempura and Curry?

Comment

• CarolW
                        CarolW commented
                        Editing a comment
                        I think it was 20% off crafting time for a limited time.

So what has it been... 5 months since I last posted in this thread? And in all of that time, I never got any worthwhile offers from Marco... until today! Yep, after approximately 150 days, I got an offer for Pandan Leaf Treat. I needed 19 pie crusts, 13 bread dough and 6 stomach remedies. Thanks to my hardworking apprentices and my stock of pasta dinners and salads (gotta have them on hand to feed to apprentices to speed them up) I was able to accomplish this in 5 hours and 55 minutes. Yep, I squeaked in! And the funny thing is, even though I had 10 pasta dinners and 8 salads available, I didn't have enough food for the pie crust apprentice, so I spent most of those 5 hours making sugar cookies to feed him. Seriously, I was at 0/50 for the mastery star on sugar cookie, and when I finished I was at 45/50 for the mastery star (needless to say, I made the last 5 cookies and got mastery in that as an added bonus).

Anyhow, now I am the proud owner of Pandan Leaf Treat, which needs 3 wet mix, 3 honey and 3 pandan leaves. In case you're wondering what pandan leaves are... I don't know either. But you can buy them from Greedy at 5 for 100 coins. Pandan Leaf Treat gives you a bonus to Lucky Break.

The thing is... I am so excited! I didn't realize how much I had missed this game until I got a new 'quest' and something fun to do for a good reward. I've been having a blast all morning playing... and that leads me to also understand how sad it will be if this game just vanishes and goes away.

I am still holding out a vain hope that this game can be revived.

Comment

• Pauli
                        Pauli commented
                        Editing a comment
                        Hi Helen,

Congratulations for your "big deal" after 5 months. ;-)) I try it also (almost) every day but my rewards are the known resources which I can harvest by myself. I hope that Marco has such a worthwhile offer for me and other players - in the future. And my other hope is - like yours - that the game will gets updates again to revive it.

• HelenB
                        HelenB commented
                        Editing a comment
                        I know, it's sad that this is 'big news', but it does remind me of how much I love this game and how excited I was every time an update came out. In any case, I hope that you get a 'good' offer from Marco soon. I don't even bother with the coins offers anymore, and I have never used one of the resources offers.

Well it has almost been a year since the last update. Spelling Bee, can you please tell us if this game is officially dead (and if so, why is it not moved to legacy status) or whether or not Beeline has plans to change/revamp/update this game?

Comment

Hi Helen. I have not received any new information from the Studio one way or the other regarding their plans for the future of Smurf Life. Similarly, the Studio has not decided whether or not to move the game to Legacy Status.

Comment

• HelenB
                          HelenB commented
                          Editing a comment
                          Thank you for checking. I appreciate the fast response.

So today is the sad one year anniversary of the last update to Smurf Life....

Comment

Working...
                        X