X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tell us what you think of the new forum

Many thanks for the help.

I like how the sub form topics are shown so someone can get to the right destination quickly.

Comment

• Worker Bee
      Worker Bee commented
      Editing a comment
      Many thanks. I was debating the look of it because it felt a little cluttered. I'm glad you think it works.

i like this forum more. have sub topic, more clearly, good job!

Comment

Great to review a new forum, thanks. Lay out seems easy to navigate so far. I am so used to the Get Satisfaction site, that it is second nature to find what I need. This seems pretty comparable. The private messaging option is interesting....Actually a bit worrying. I have previously made great friends through the Get Satisfaction beeline forum after finding ways to get in contact outside the forum, but I have also had bad experiences with forum members stalking and harassing me too. I can handle myself, but I would be worried about younger forum members. I know you have to enter a birthdate, but anyone can enter any date they want. Actually, on that point, how do I make my birthdate invisible to anyone except the forum moderator? In the privacy settings it says you have the option to do this, but in the checklist of options I can't find where to do that. Off to check out more.... Edit..... When you try to edit (add to) your post here, it deletes your previous comment. Uggh annoying. Edit again... The questions sub forum is a great idea. Have always missed a FAQ section.
      Last edited by Worker Bee; 09-16-2013, 06:25 PM. Reason: Many thanks for your notes Caro Smurf. I don't think forum displays your birth date to other forum members. I believe I shut that off already. I created another account to test my theory and I can't

Comment

• Caro
        Caro commented
        Editing a comment
        Hi Worker Bee. Yes, you can see members personal details including birth dates. If you look at a members page, in the "about" tab, it shows the birthdate. Can this be fixed ASAP. Thanks.

• Caro
        Caro commented
        Editing a comment
        Actually, sorry. Edit. I did find how to hide my birthdate etc, but it wasn't obvious to work out. Maybe that could be made easier?

• happybird
        happybird commented
        Editing a comment
        Just tried out the edit, and like Caro said, don't like how it erases your original comment.

So far, I love how we can personalize our profiles and the private messaging option. Also, I like how easy it is to switch between the chats for the different games. The layout is clear and easy to navigate, I didn't find it cluttered at all. It will be great to finally have an FAQ section! So many new players ask the same questions and the search feature on the old forum is not the greatest. On the negative side, I had a hard time registering. After a couple days of trying to use my iPad with no luck, I finally was able to register using an Android phone.

Comment

Oops, forgot to mention that I also like being able to view the member list and also being able to see who is currently visiting the forum.

Comment

Hi, I've had a few hours to play around with the site and at first had no sign up issues, but only when I tried on iPad mini I was prompted of an incorrect sign in and used my 4-5 chances and had to wait 15 min to access again, but after that I sign in on iPad mini and was successful, I quite like the layout and setup, I'm finding it more easy every time I'm in the forum. About the SUB forum topics, (announcements) a couple hours ago I made a post under smurfs life topic / sub topic, random chat, and advised players of an iTunes live update of version 1-9-0-, was that the correct sub topic or can we make it an Announcement topic? I wanted to make it an Announcement but was unsure About posting a picture via my iPad mini, I tried to post a picture as I usually would via my library's camera roll, but a prompt appeared stating my picture file exceeds the limit. How do I fix this? I am enjoying the site and look forward to its full transition

Comment

• Spelling Bee
            Spelling Bee commented
            Editing a comment
            Hi DC. We would prefer it if players didn't post things in the announcement section unless it's dealing with an update just being released. Usually myself or a Beeline employee will post the announcements that an update is live, but if a forum member beats us to it, we will be able to merge your topic into the official one, as well as all comments. This is one of the nice things about our new home!

As for the pictures on your iPad, that has to do with the limit that's currently in place here on the new forums. Usually, most pictures on an iPad Mini or Retina iPad are under 2MB. The old forum had a limit of 2MB, which is why you never had to deal with it before.

• DCMURFY1
            DCMURFY1 commented
            Editing a comment
            Hi spelling bee thanks for clarifying that for me

Overall, I like this forum more especially the sub topic. Plus I like the member list, able to see who on line.

Comment

I'm enjoying learning my way around this new forum. There's so much more we can do here now than we can do at the Get Satisfaction site. And a quick glance at the help menu shows more and more are possible! One thing I would like to suggest... Please raise the image upload size limit to 2MB. It should be, at least, at par with the Get Satisfaction site's upload limit. Thanks!

Comment

Arghhh...I knew it. At the time I don't have wifi access for weeks there's something interesting showing. First glance looks great. I really love the quote option it makes the convo's so much easier to read. And layout seems great. I like the easy to navigate forum threads. Not much time now but I'll check out more as soon as I can.

Comment

Originally posted by Caro Smurf View Post
                Great to review a new forum, thanks. Lay out seems easy to navigate so far. The private messaging option is interesting...... The questions sub forum is a great idea. Have always missed a FAQ section.
                Testing the quote....and notice the "comment field" is very small on iPad as soon as you want te delete a part of the quote.

Comment

• Caro
                  Caro commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Hi Tapasz

• Tapasz
                  Tapasz commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Hi Caro! Your country is great, although wifi is somehow none existent, haha! Having a blast here!

• Caro
                  Caro commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Tehehe. Look at us, OT already!!

on editing reply is gone....ok here goes again. I got a notification that someone commented on my reply. But instead of Caro's name I saw my name as the one who commented?
                Last edited by Tapasz; 09-18-2013, 08:29 PM.

Comment

Hi Tapasz. Yes, for some reason the software is not showing recent activity if that activity is in the forum of a comment instead of a reply. We'll try and look into that.

Comment

I was just laughing at some comments and realised it was Snoopy's forum but I had the same problem ... When I posted my suggestion about removing the delete button when placing items it picked up the word button as a profanity and changed the word when it posted to ****on, too funny! ... I had to edit it and change the word to delete "sign". Glad it's fixed, lol. Buttons buttons buttons, so naughty.

Comment

For the most part, I am liking the new forum! I like how all the games are organized on the main forum with all the sub forums underneath. It makes navigating a little easier. And the designated topic threads on each sub forum is a much better system for posting all our questions and answers. The titles are to-the-point, so you know exactly where you can expect to find any answers to questions you may have. I know there are still a lot of things to tweak on this new forum, but so far, so good! On a personal level, thank you Bees for carrying over the random chat for SSF!

Comment

Working...
                      X